Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2006
    Mr. Wilson was a pedophile, he just never got caught. :eek:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    You guys want to go throw rocks at cars?
    TOO effin' funny Z-man!![boy]
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I assume most of you have big porches in front of your house, and you just yell at kids to get off your lawn all day.

Young whipper-snappers, rapscallions....
    with their hippity and a'hoppin and their beatin' and a'boppin...
    you call that music?
    when I was a young child back in aught 4, we used to ride our horseless carriages to the local soda fountain and throw away our weekly savings from working in the coal mines at the penny arcade...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    I take it you don't live in Newark.
    LOL ... Right ... We invented Newark so it would be the first thing anyone would see coming from the airport to desuade them from finding out what most of NJ is really like. On the other side Camden serves the same purpose ...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I assume most of you have big porches in front of your house, and you just yell at kids to get off your lawn all day.

Yeah and we take their balls from them. LOL
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PhantomOG wrote:
    Mr. Wilson was a pedophile, he just never got caught. :eek:

Yeah both of them!:eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    LOL ... Right ... We invented Newark so it would be the first thing anyone would see coming from the airport to desuade them from finding out what most of NJ is really like. On the other side Camden serves the same purpose ...

Camden. . . really beautiful "down town" area and Campbell's Field is a really nice fun ballpark. . .very deadly place to live though. Philly is right there with the Camden.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    I found myself in Camden late one night after attending a concert and I have to say -- it set the bar pretty high for places that I would not want to find myself late at night after attending a concert.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    Anyone care to talk about religion?

Bob I know I can be difficult at times... Maybe even opinionated at times... You still love me?

Maybe when I get my feet on the ground we could possibly become neighbors, and invite some of the other polkies over to through eggs and stuff at trick or treaters? Just a thought.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006

Wow, you guys do good work. All joking aside, I have family in jersy suburbs and it's nice. The suburbs of Philly that I live in are about the same. Seeing as I used to find trouble on a daily basis as a kid, I still don't give my girls the same freedoms I had.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    I've been to downtown Philly, the touristy areas, 6th Street, seemed pretty nice to me. I was out late at night and didn't feel in danger... maybe I should have... :)
    ben62670 wrote:
    Bob I know I can be difficult at times... Maybe even opinionated at times... You still love me?

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but none of these stupid debates are personal despite the fact that they tend to lean that way when we all get passionate in our opinions and arguments :) Just means we're emotional about our opinions, nothing wrong with that! :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ben62670
    edited December 2006
    I don't think these debates are stupid, they sometimes aggravate me, because I can get a little bit passionate at times. But I do actually have to thank you guys for giving me inspiration to get out of the area that I am currently in. Get back in the country, and crank it up Yeeee hawwww :-)

Bob are your smiling or inserting rounds?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2006
    Pff, wish I could insert rounds, it's next to impossible to get a firearms ID in my town.
  • ben62670
    edited December 2006
    Would you like my opinion on firearms?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2006
    Doubtful.

Luckily a) a lot of people would back up my opinion here, and b) it's a forbidden topic so it doesn't really matter.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    ben62670 wrote:

Since you asked....No.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I've been to downtown Philly, the touristy areas, 6th Street, seemed pretty nice to me. I was out late at night and didn't feel in danger... maybe I should have... :)

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but none of these stupid debates are personal despite the fact that they tend to lean that way when we all get passionate in our opinions and arguments :) Just means we're emotional about our opinions, nothing wrong with that! :)

6th street??? 6th & South??? That's "Society Hill" area. You won't get accosted there except by maybe by some drunk giddy socialite.

Don't ever go near 5th & Morris. You will never be found again. I think they eat their victims.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    Wow, you guys do good work. All joking aside, I have family in jersy suburbs and it's nice. The suburbs of Philly that I live in are about the same. Seeing as I used to find trouble on a daily basis as a kid, I still don't give my girls the same freedoms I had.

Yo Mike,

You're afraid to let the kids play in Drexel Hill??? WTF??? I see kids playing there every Thursday afternoon after school. I was there Monday afternoon and saw kids playing with dead dogs and two of them had rifles but the big kid only carried a club with nails sticking out of it.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    Every day is a good day when your alive and have good health! Chill, love your family, smell the roses, and enjoy the music.:)
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Every day is a good day when your alive and have good health! Chill, love your family, smell the roses, and enjoy the music.:)

Right on Carl!
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    schwarcw wrote:

Thanks Carl, hopefully this will put an end to the debate.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    tommyboy wrote:
    Thanks Carl, hopefully this will put an end to the debate.

Awwwww come on Tommyboy you want the debate to end????:D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    ben62670 wrote:

Firearms are like women.

1. You have to get a license to own one.
    2. If you don't handle them carefully, they might go off on you.
    3. They can be loud, especially the bigger ones.
    4. It seems like just when you need them the most, they'll jam on you,
    leaving you standing there with nothing but your **** in your hand.

.....or so I've heard.

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    Yo Mike,

You're afraid to let the kids play in Drexel Hill??? WTF??? I see kids playing there every Thursday afternoon after school. I was there Monday afternoon and saw kids playing with dead dogs and two of them had rifles but the big kid only carried a club with nails sticking out of it.

I guess I sounded like a warden on this. No, I let them play outside and make sure they get out instead of playing on the computer all the time. But, I want to know where they are at and who they're with all the time. When I was a kid I would wake up say by to mom and walk out the door to go and do what ever I wanted. I'm not comfortable with that for my own kids.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    When I was a kid I would wake up say by to mom and walk out the door to go and do what ever I wanted. I'm not comfortable with that for my own kids.

I feel the same way. . . do you get the impression that some on this thread are saying we are overcompensating because of this caution we exibit?
  • PolkWannabie
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    ... But, I want to know where they are at and who they're with all the time ...
    I would agree with this ... but then my parents had the same requirement ... Which is why I said originally that I had no problem with allowing my kids to do the same things I could ...
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I would agree with this ... but then my parents had the same requirement ... Which is why I said originally that I had no problem with allowing my kids to do the same things I could ...

Wait a minute, didn't you say you send your kids to play in Newark, NJ?:eek: :D;)
  • PolkWannabie
    edited December 2006
    With the youngest being 24, they have long since been responsible for taking themselves wherever it is they want to go ... which is highly unlikely to be Newark ... or Camden ...
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    With the youngest being 24, they have long since been responsible for taking themselves wherever it is they want to go ... which is highly unlikely to be Newark ... or Camden ...

My two guys are 23 and 9. The 23 year old handed off the to be worried about duties to the little guy. LOL