Chicago Polkfest???

1171819202123»

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    Manly men don't share their assless chaps :eek: That's just wrong!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited June 2007
    Ok....i can't take it anymore... I'm putting my assless chaps (not signed by Matthew Polk) on craig's list....

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/43708267.html

:D
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Dammit no package in the mail today :( . It seems I must be on the last leg of the pony express. I wanted to wear mine to a golf outing on Sunday. Well there is always tomorrow.

H9
    They heard about the killer deal you got on those 1C's and feel that a polo shirt (on top of that) would be overkill. They also noticed that you were hogging the sweet spot in darn near every picture so...NO SHIRT FOR YOU! NEXT!!! ;):p:D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited June 2007
    a_mattison wrote: »
    Ok....i can't take it anymore... I'm putting my assless chaps (not signed by Matthew Polk) on craig's list....

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/43708267.html

:D
    That ain't right:eek:
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited June 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    That ain't right:eek:

Yea... Like the sticky comment wasn't enough..... He is willing to trade for Spider man comics?!?!?! That's funny s*&t!
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited June 2007
    You can all rest easy now I finally got my Polk polo shirt on Monday of this week :D . Thanks Polk.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • halo
    edited June 2007
    :cool: I thought I mistranslated your addy.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    Good news!!!:)

Now, I can sleep at night.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Good news!!!:)

Now, I can sleep at night.

That's mainly why I posted it Mike. I surely want all the buds I met at PF to finally rest easy and take a load off their minds. :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • halo
    edited December 2007
    Don't think there's going to be another Chicagoland / Illinois PF period in '08 unless we can find a host. Mike is out of country until??? Anyone else want to host a Chicagoland, Chicagoarea, Illinois Polkfest in '08?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    halo wrote: »
    Don't think there's going to be another Chicagoland / Illinois PF period in '08 unless we can find a host. Mike is out of country until??? Anyone else want to host a Chicagoland, Chicagoarea, Illinois Polkfest in '08?

If you guys don't mind coming here we can Chicagoland PF here!!!:D:p
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    edited December 2007
    Hell,Joe.....we were thinking of flying you in to do all the cooking bro.
    Can you do that shrimp scampi for 20 people?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • MikeC78
    edited December 2007
    halo wrote: »

Hello everyone!

Sorry guys, I have a lot going when I get back in May. Wife is due to have another baby, and the house might be under partial construction during that time period. Should be home again sometime late in the new year, maybe we can get something going then? I'll keep you guys posted...

Mike
  • halo
    edited December 2007
    Good to hear from you Mike!

Congrats on the impending arrival :) May babies are the best!

Hope all is well with both of you. All the best in the new year!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    Mike - congrats and stay safe. I appreciate the sacrifices you are making for us all.

Halo - I agree that we need to find a location for another Chicagoland PF. Unfortunately it's going to be late in '08 for me to have a house we could have it at. We should start thinking about locations.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Hell,Joe.....we were thinking of flying you in to do all the cooking bro.
    Can you do that shrimp scampi for 20 people?

With my eyes closed and one hand tied behind my back. But then you guys would have to do all the prep work.:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Sorry guys, I have a lot going when I get back in May. Wife is due to have another baby, and the house might be under partial construction during that time period. Should be home again sometime late in the new year, maybe we can get something going then? I'll keep you guys posted...

Mike

Hey Mike!

Hope this finds you well and safe. Thanks so much for your sacrifices and service.
  • halo
    edited June 2013
    I cannot see the pictures / showcase of the Chicagoland PF. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2013
    Hey Victor! I have a link to it. Not sure why it isn't listed in the showcase.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/system-showcase/view.php?userid=80719
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2013
    After looking the pics over I remember how great of a time it was!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • MikeC78
    edited June 2013
    Hello Victor and Rich! Miss you guys! Hope all is well...

Mike
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2013
    That was a great weekend with good friends and better hosts. I had a blast.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MikeC78
    edited June 2013
    Ricardo! Its been a long time, how have you been? Hopefully we can get another GTG soon, would be nice to have a reunion.

Mike
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2013
    Hey Mike. Good to see you posting. Everything is good. Not spending much time here lately.

Yes. I would be up for another one!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited June 2013
    Let me know when you are ready to get together... :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • halo
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys! Another gtg sounds like a good idea to me!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited June 2013
    Me too!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2013
    I would be down for one!