October: **** & **** History Month

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2006
    The 11:00PM local news last night reported that the school district has not replied to phone calls theirs or parents.

The local network held a poll as to whether people (not just parents) were for or against **** & **** History Month in the Philadelphia Public Schools. The results were 70% against, 30% for.

Some quotes from people in the city when approached by the network:

1. "How was that incorporated so quickly into the calendar when we have to fight for months, years to get non-sexual historic facts brought into the cirriclum or just general info for the school?"

2. "It's one thing to practice & encourage tolerance of others to school aged children - - it's quite another to promote a certain type of sexual behaviour and life-stye."

3. "If we are so carefull not to say Christmas or Hanukkah, but instead, 'WINTER CELEBRATION', why are we celebrating **** & **** History Month?"

4. "They are people too."

Joe
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited September 2006
    3. "If we are so carefull not to say Christmas or Hanukkah, but instead, 'WINTER CELEBRATION', why are we celebrating **** & **** History Month?"

If someone wished me a (merry or happy) 'WINTER CELEBRATION' I'd punch them in the mouth for being a complete and utter PC patsy. It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, mother fu(ker!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    Jesse, why do I imagine you in a black jerri-curl wig and suit when you say such things...........lol
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    If someone wished me a (merry or happy) 'WINTER CELEBRATION' I'd punch them in the mouth for being a complete and utter PC patsy. It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, mother fu(ker!!!

"Ho Ho Ho Merry Holiday/Winter/ Celebration Show" That is exactly what the people at that damned school were saying at last years, "Holiday Show." Which by the way they had in January. How F#$%ed up is this world getting?

You get the same bullS@$ at Walmart, that is why I don't shop there anymore.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    Jesse, why do I imagine you in a black jerri-curl wig and suit when you say such things...........lol

Yo Brett I thought you imagined me in black face on one knee singing mammy!:eek:
  • F1nut
    edited September 2006

Ugh!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    edited September 2006
    I asked the question to make a point.......

You seem to REALLY like arguing........how's that workin out for ya?
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    I asked the question to make a point.......

You seem to REALLY like arguing........how's that workin out for ya?

If you are talking to me Brett, Wow I did not think you would have taken that in anything more than a plain old joke. Me thinks you doth protest too much!
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited September 2006
    The slow castration of America continues.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2006
    Yes I'm disgusted by polygamists. They are simply sick minded men who want to screw as many women as they can get their hands on & the younger the better! And they use the bible to justify their actions.

I was raised catholic but I soon realized as I matured that what they were preaching had very little bearing on todays reality or my life & stopped going when I was old enough to make the decision. I've managed to do just fine without it!

I have zero use for ALL organized religions! All of them twist & turn the things or cherry pick out in the bible to suit whatever beliefs they choose to believe in. And everything else is discarded. Then they use those beliefs to judge everyone else!

The world would be a lot better off if there was NO religion of any kind! At least the extremists wouldn't be able to use it to justify their own despicable behavior. And the non extremists wouldn't be able to use it to judge everyone else.

As long as you are a decent human being who does unto others as they would do unto you & respect our world & everyone else around you regardless of race, color, religion, or sexual preference, then you are all right in my book. Unfortunately, the majority of people are unable or unwilling to do this.

Believe & practice whatever you want, I don't really care, but don't try to convince me of whatever it is because I'm not interested.

I don't understand how you can say,"If these now consenting women were brainwashed from childhood with this garbage they would of course think that it was alright."

Are you trying to say that teaching children the religion of their parents is brainwashing them???

I don't believe that the Roman Catholic church teaches the Bible correctly. . . but I don't tell Catholics that they have been brainwashed from childhood with RC garbage and that is why they think their sacrements are the only way to heaven. That would be ridiculous. It sounds to me that you are angry with polygamists and it shows.

How can you preach the tolerance you say you preach but condemn someone's religious or spiritual beliefs? I hate to burst your bubble but polygamy is all over the Old Testament. I don't believe that polygamy is right but I do believe in the Bible.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    Cathy, I absolutely agree with you about religion. I do believe in freedom of "religion." I myself do not belong to any denomination. I am not a religious person. I believe and read the Bible daily and am trying to live a spiritual life. Some may believe that I am spliting hairs here but I can tell you, you won't be hearing me preach to my flock (if I had one) to get involved in political situations like abortion.

I base my morals on what I've read and study in the Bible. I DO NOT believe in telling people that they are sinful or evil or judging them in that way. That is not my business, I leave that business to God.

I do however object to a public institution trying to impose their beliefs or views on sexuality on my child and will strongly oppose it.

Joe
  • brettw22
    edited September 2006
    I do however object to a public institution trying to impose their beliefs or views on sexuality on my child and will strongly oppose it.
    we know, we know, we know........
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2006
    13 pages later and we're still going over the same thing.. plus this thread has gone off course.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    edited September 2006
    The world would be a lot better off if there was NO religion of any kind!

BINGO!!!

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    ... plus this thread has gone off course.
    Not really, Brett knows, knows, knows my point of view now! LMAO
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Joe:

I think you were the only one who got my point. PA is OK having a school teach childeren about something that may be objectionable to the kids, but not their parents (Per the original ruling).

You also got the second point: Who defines what a marriage should and should not be? Why should it be man and man or woman and woman but not man, woman, and woman? To me, this is religious freedom and should be protected by law. Anyone already has the capability of gaining the legal power a marriage grants without getting married, so that shouldn't be an issue. My thinking is that if a church wants to define marriage a certain way, let them and lets not persecute the people involved be it straight, ****, or polygamist...

Cathy:

I would have thought you'd be much more open minded than you are demonstrating. Have you ever known any polygamists? I have. Typically, since the Government is run by morons so they have one "legal" wife and the others are only "religious" wives. The women are not brainwashed and to think they are powerless is, well, uninformed at best. What I find amusing is that the government has it setup where you can not legally commit to more than one person, but you can cheat on them and that's just fine (in a legal sense-you'll lose the divorce).

The women like the polygamy marriage because they can share the work load of a typical housewife, including cleaning, cooking, shopping, rearing children, second jobs, and yes, even sex. The women also have more power in how the kids are raised and protected. Far more than the typical 2 working parents model that is so common today. Personally, to me it looks like a worse deal for the guy than the girls.

I have known 3 polygamist families and none of them married before 18 and all of them where within 5 years of their husbands age. It's just another way of life and from what I saw, these were some of the most functional family units I have seen.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited October 2006
    Yeah! Let's go burn all the churches to the ground!!! They are to blame for everything!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I'm glad to see everyone practices the tolerance they love to preach so much about.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    I bet all the polygamist men wouldn't be too happy if a woman wanted to have three husbands.

Anybody hear about the problem of the young men getting kicked out of the polygamist communities? They have to find excuses to kick boys out so the boy/girl ratio favors these one man to many women relationships.

Using the Bible to justify this behavior is sad. You can even justify having drunken incest with your daughter in the Bible if you want to, that doesn't make it right.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited October 2006
    Your outlook on polygamists seems a little extreme, aren't there grown woman involved in this? Are they not permitted to make the religious choice to marry into polygamy. They contend that their religion permits them to marry multiple partners. You are trying to squelch their freedom of religion. It seems to me that you are trying to use the power of the state to keep them down. Polygamy & homosexual marraige are illegal in most states.

I don't see the difference between making polygamist marraiges being illegal and then changing the law to make homosexual marraige legal. Can you explain to me why it is okay to have homosexual marraige legal and not polygamist marraige?

Excellent point.
    cfrizz wrote:
    Just who was it that decreed that polygamy was permitted in their religion? God? I somehow doubt that very much.

If these now consenting women were brainwashed from childhood with this garbage they would of course think that it was alright.

Just look at those white girl twins who run around preaching white superiority!

If they hadn't been raised by bigots they would know that this stance is racist & wrong!

Brainwashed, like teaching young people that it is ok to be with the opposite sex or same sex.
    Some people think that homosexuality is wrong and do not want their kids to think it is ok to experiment with.
    Once you have experimented with something you always live with the fact you did it.
    Right or wrong young kids do not know how to make good decisions.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2006
    NM, Why the hell am I defending polygamists to the ignorant and intolerant I don't know...

I don't agree with their way of life, I just think it's not up to us to condemn it.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Using the Bible to justify this behavior is sad. You can even justify having drunken incest with your daughter in the Bible if you want to, that doesn't make it right.

The Bible (Old Testament) uses poligamy & drunken incest stories as lessons NOT to do those things. Every incident of poligamy in the Old Testament, turned out poorly in one degree or another. . .and drunken incest speaks for itself.

If you think about it that is why it is illegal to marry more than one person or marry your daughter for example in the United States.

I think that this is a small example of how our constitution was based on Judeo/Christian principals.
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2006
    The difference is people actively choose to be polygamists, Homosexuals don't. By the time puberty hits you know who you are physically attracted to. If it happens to be the same sex well then that's that, you can't change your genetics!

Polygamy was started by the first so called "prophet" in the LDS church back in the 1800's who was a man who supposedly had a visitation from either God or 2 of God's angels.

The message being it was MANDATORY for men to have lots of wives to ensure they made it to the highest level of heaven!

Well now with the threat of NOT going to heaven hanging over your head what are you going to do?

These "prophets"=priests=power. The Catholic church got away with pedophilia for years because no one wanted to take them on. (Oh a priest could never do that, he's a man of God!) syndrome.

History has shown time & time again that men lie to have things their own way, to protect their power base. If you want to put your faith in these men rather than using common sense or just common decency be my guest!

Thank you Thuggy! I'm so glad at least one man on here gets it!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited October 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    The difference is people actively choose to be polygamists, Homosexuals don't. By the time puberty hits you know who you are physically attracted to. If it happens to be the same sex well then that's that, you can't change your genetics!

And everyone knows all people are monogamous by nature and instinct. Very, very few people in this world actually cheat on their spouses--it goes against human nature right? :rolleyes:

I'm not advocating polygamy, but your arguments just don't hold up. You criticize "religion" and religious people in the same breath that you denounce their intolerance. I'm sure you don't think all religion is bad, but let's go ahead and throw out the baby with the bath water eh? I'm sure the **** community has its problems as well but I don't see you denouncing them.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    I also wasn't aware of the homosexuality gene. Is there a reason this isn't big news?
  • cfrizz
    edited October 2006
    LOL!:D Nope you are absolutely right, Marriage as it stands now is also a big joke! If homosexuals want to join the more than 50% divorce rate that exists in this country...GO RIGHT AHEAD!

Society has created all of this **** & none of it works but everyone wants to fight like hell to either keep it broke as it is or to change it so it can be even more broken!:rolleyes:
    PhantomOG wrote:
    And everyone knows all people are monogamous by nature and instinct. Very, very few people in this world actually cheat on their spouses--it goes against human nature right? :rolleyes:

I'm not advocating polygamy, but your arguments just don't hold up. You criticize "religion" and religious people in the same breath that you denounce their intolerance. I'm sure you don't think all religion is bad, but let's go ahead and throw out the baby with the bath water eh? I'm sure the **** community has its problems as well but I don't see you denouncing them.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    I also wasn't aware of the homosexuality gene. Is there a reason this isn't big news?

Yep, I thought homosexuality was determined by either a coin toss or losing a bet, it couldn't possibly be genetic. ;)
  • jdhdiggs
    edited October 2006
    Here's a thought to get everyone's undies bunched again:

Scientists have learned to cause homosexuality in mice and how to reverse it back to a hetero state. They were able to do one human study with a **** twin. After 2 years of therapy (hormones and some gene therapy IIRC), his brain activity patterns were that of a hetero child and matched his brothers. Now if this therapy is built up to include adults and "cure's" them, does that make it a choice?

Demi: A **** childs brain chemistry is different at a younger age and causes different parts of the brain to grow at different rates causing it. Last I knew/heard, they weren't sure if it was a gene in the child that made them predisposed of being ****, but they did find a high correlation in some environmental factors from the childs time in the womb. I'd invite you to search for the article but you'll just find a bunch of religious healing sites if you're not careful. And I wouldn't reccomend searching for "**** twin children", might have the feds show up.

BTW: Monogomy only exists because of religion, not in spite of it. Without religion there would be no marriage and humans would act more like packs of dogs or a pride of lions with the dominant males humping everything in site and the non-dominants getting what they can. Womens and family rights wouldn't exist. Yup, religion defining relationships is EVIL!!!!! :rolleyes:
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited October 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Demi: A **** childs brain chemistry is different at a younger age and causes different parts of the brain to grow at different rates causing it. Last I knew/heard, they weren't sure if it was a gene in the child that made them predisposed of being ****, but they did find a high correlation in some environmental factors from the childs time in the womb. I'd invite you to search for the article but you'll just find a bunch of religious healing sites if you're not careful. And I wouldn't reccomend searching for "**** twin children", might have the feds show up.

Yep- all that's acurate- "environmental factors" include hormone levels which would probably be tied back to genetics. Interesting fact- **** guys have bigger **** on average than the straight folks. I'll try to dig up the paper, but they traced it back to the hormone levels during pregnancy. Same thing goes for lesbians- I'm drawing a blank, but there's this genetic ovarian disorder, where like 60% of the women who get it are openly lesbians... makes a strong argument for a genetic component for sexual orientation.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • brettw22
    edited October 2006
    Have I missed something that said there's a Straight gene? How did you know you were attracted to women? Did you look at the options one day and make the decision one way vs. the other?

As for the twins, I'm sure with a needle and some manipulation just about anything can be done in a lab. Was anyone here implying that a scientist made me **** and I was wanting it extracted from me? Relevance = zero.

James, when did you see me ask for membership to you (or anyone elses) church? Last I checked I hadn't, therefore making your churches guidelines to my life have as much importance as an ant ****.

EDIT: So if I understand the point you were trying to make James, cancer is a choice since a scientist can inject it and reverse it as well, true?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Yep, I thought homosexuality was determined by either a coin toss or losing a bet, it couldn't possibly be genetic. ;)

Doro and i lost a bet with Brett, so we have to wear our assless chaps and hold hands with him at some point during Polkfest '06. Doro and I are having a coin toss to see which one has to give him a big sloppy kiss!

So, there ya go. It does come down to a wager. Eff science!
    No excuses!