October: **** & **** History Month

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2006
    Polk65 wrote:
    Joe I don't have anything against the schools teaching about GLBT topics. I do have a problem with public schools not revealing their full curriculum. You're in PA. I mentioned something passed by the CA legislature and sitting on the governor's desk. Here's something in MA.

First, sorry for more links to this "entertainment news" website. The only other information I could find on this is a brief article in the Boston Globe. If anyone here from Massachusetts is familiar with this please chime in.

Here is the condensed version -- Last year a Massachusetts school district was not informing parents of what they were teaching grades K-12. A parent wanted the option of knowing when certain topics would be covered so he could yank his kid out of school. While at a meeting in the superintendent's office he refused to leave and was arrested. He spent the night in jail and some months later his charges were dropped and the restraining order banning him from school grounds was lifted. Then his son was beaten up and now he's filed a federal lawsuit. I think finally there is now an opt-out option in this Massachusetts school district. Joe, keep this in mind while you get into this with your school district, I don't want you to go to jail.

Although Europe loves to bash us for being prude I think the sex ed courses are being taught a few grades too early.

2005-1123 http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47540
    "On Sept. 21 (school superintendent) Ash published a statement in the local newspaper informing the town he told teachers they have no obligation to notify parents on subjects of homosexual relationships, even in lower grades."

2006-0421 http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49841
    (superintendent Ash)"We couldn't run a public school system if every parent who feels some topic is objectionable to them for moral or religious reasons decides their child should be removed," he said. "Lexington is committed to teaching children about the world they live in, and in Massachusetts same-sex marriage is legal."

2006-0616 http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50669
    "10 of these thug-kins grabbed David Parker's 7-year-old son, dragged him behind the corner of the school, well out of sight from school officials, and proceeded to punch him in the groin, stomach and chest, before he dropped to the ground when they then kicked and stomped on him."

The Massachusetts health/PhysEd curriculum gets kids started early!
    http://www.doe.mass.edu/frameworks/health/1999/physical.html#repro

Thanks for your concern. If I felt my child was at risk for anything and I had to risk going to jail for protecting him from it then I would have no problems sitting in a cell. The great thing about tv stations is that if I don't like what is on, I just change the channel. . . then block the channel so my child couldn't watch it. If I lived in Massachusetts (some call it Taxachusetts) I would move. I am a conservative, why would I live in an extremely liberal and secular state where their views, no matter what they are, are literaly shoved down people's throats.

(superintendent Ash)"We couldn't run a public school system if every parent who feels some topic is objectionable to them for moral or religious reasons decides their child should be removed," he said. "Lexington is committed to teaching children about the world they live in, and in Massachusetts same-sex marriage is legal."

You see how things get twisted up because of past prejudices, people are no longer permitted to have strong moral or religious reasons for doing anything. And to make matters worse he says, "Lexington is committed to teaching children about the world they live in, and in Massachusetts same-sex marriage is legal."

You see in Georgia where homosexuality is openly frowned upon if a school super made a statement like the one above such as "76% of the people voted against **** marriage and that is the world these children live in and in Georgia **** marriage is illegal and they will be taught accordingly, he would be openly chastised and probably fired.

So this whole issue of teaching sexuality or sexual preference in public schools is a double-edged sword some-one is going to get cut so they shouldn't force it at all.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    Update: Principal & School District ignoring phone calls. Calendar and thousands of angry parents plastered all over the news although they (the news casters) are trying to down play it.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2006
    Only three more days...
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    It looks as though (this is my opinion) the school district is just going to let this whole hullabaloo run out of steam. There are no plans to teach anything about sexual preferance or anything addtional to the regular cirriculm. They printed the calendar with the banner and have not responded to anything except in the local newspapers where they have down played the whole issue as well as down playing the parents reactions.

I admit to overreacting to the initial shock of the banner on the calendar. It seems that the banner is as far as the school district is going to go with **** & **** History Month. I still hold to my beliefs and opinions expressed in this thread. I am however wondering what they plan on doing next October but it won't matter to me because God willing I will have moved to Delaware by then.

This is a great thread though, don't ya think???
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2006
    Not to hijack...

but I really, really, REALLY think cables make a difference!!!

What about you guys?:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    You got that right! and they shouldn't be coiled, too much reactance.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    Which leads me to this question....

do you think God exists?

And if he does.... why is there so much suffering in the world?

I mean, come on....

think about it
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    There are a lot of unexplainable things in this world. I need to have faith and I enjoy reading the Bible just as much as my audiophilia.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    Just trying to help you hit this thread out of the ballpark....:p
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2006
    In somewhat related news, looks like the hypocritical state finally got this one right:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/28/ap/national/mainD8KE523O0.shtml
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    "Where, as in the instant matter, there is no finding that discussing such matters constitutes a grave threat of harm to the child, there is insufficient basis for the court to infringe on a parent's constitutionally protected right to speak to a child about religion as he or she sees fit," Justice Sandra Schultz Newman wrote.

They made the right decision . . . to keep government out of our lives.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2006
    Let him teach away, & Mommy can simply continually reinforce to her daughter that Daddy's beliefs are immoral & illegal & she is keeping an eye on him & if she finds out he has another wife somewhere else, she will cheerfully have him put in jail!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    So the state said teach whatever you want in your house....no one's said any differently here in this thread that I'm aware of.

School = not your home
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    You are correct Sir!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited September 2006
    On "Gunsmoke" (the early years): his deputy, "Chester".

**** as a jaybird, but they didn't talk about it openly back then.

Why do you think he walked with a "limp" ?

Don't be knockin ol' Chester..I used to go out with his niece..really...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2006
    Yeah, where it should be taught!! At home!! = NOT in school
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2006
    Well something needs to be taught at school and academics doesn't seem to be going well for them.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited September 2006
    The point being you can control what you choose to or not to do, but can't control what you can't control..........capiche?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2006
    madmax wrote:
    Well something needs to be taught at school and academics doesn't seem to be going well for them.
    madmax

well atleast for my 8 year old.. she is doing great and seems to be on and above average for her grade and age.. some schools don't do as well, this one seems to be a good school..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • cfrizz
    edited September 2006
    Hearing, I don't have a problem with you teaching your child your values in your own home. But at the same time I also don't have a problem with the schools teaching your child & everyone else's child the fact that this world is populated by all kinds of people with all different aspects to them.

And just because they live, act, think differently from you, does not make them bad, evil, sinners, monsters. It simply makes them different & their diffences should be accepted. And if you can't accept them, then the very least you can do is let them live their lives while you live yours.

If they are not breaking state/federal laws then they should be free to live as they choose.

Now hopefully you are raising your child to be open & fair minded. If you are not, than hopefully the schools will help to instill that open & fair mindededness into him & every other child.

Now if that fella thinks that polygamy is so great he can go over to one of the middle eastern countries where they put up with that **** & get as many children to marry as he wants. If he pulls that crap here, they should put his **** **** in jail, right after they cut off his *alls!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2006
    486y8uv.jpg
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    Hearing, I don't have a problem with you teaching your child your values in your own home. But at the same time I also don't have a problem with the schools teaching your child & everyone else's child the fact that this world is populated by all kinds of people with all different aspects to them.
    You can call me Joe. I agree.
    And just because they live, act, think differently from you, does not make them bad, evil, sinners, monsters. It simply makes them different & their diffences should be accepted.

I agree but there is a spiritual aspect to that.
    And if you can't accept them, then the very least you can do is let them live their lives while you live yours.

I agree.
    If they are not breaking state/federal laws then they should be free to live as they choose.
    Agreed.
    Now hopefully you are raising your child to be open & fair minded.

We are.

If you are not, than hopefully the schools will help to instill that open & fair mindededness into him & every other child.

I agree but they can do it without a theme month.
    Now if that fella thinks that polygamy is so great he can go over to one of the middle eastern countries where they put up with that **** & get as many children to marry as he wants. If he pulls that crap here, they should put his **** **** in jail, right after they cut off his *alls!

You have a problem with polygamy???
  • cfrizz
    edited September 2006
    Polygamy is nothing more than an excuse for men to act like dogs & treat women like property rather than equals! I also have a problem when people use religion & spirituality to condemn & judge others if they don't approve of the way others live their lives.

It basically all comes down to power. Who has it, who wants to get it, who wants to keep it & using whatever means they can to do so. Whether by religion, force, or money!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2006
    HI Big **** Al :p

Cartman: Respect My Authority! :eek:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited September 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    486y8uv.jpg

recruitment poster, is it ?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    Polygamy is nothing more than an excuse for men to act like dogs & treat women like property rather than equals! I also have a problem when people use religion & spirituality to condemn & judge others if they don't approve of the way others live their lives.

It basically all comes down to power. Who has it, who wants to get it, who wants to keep it & using whatever means they can to do so. Whether by religion, force, or money!

Your outlook on polygamists seems a little extreme, aren't there grown woman involved in this? Are they not permitted to make the religious choice to marry into polygamy. They contend that their religion permits them to marry multiple partners. You are trying to squelch their freedom of religion. It seems to me that you are trying to use the power of the state to keep them down. Polygamy & homosexual marraige are illegal in most states.

I don't see the difference between making polygamist marraiges being illegal and then changing the law to make homosexual marraige legal. Can you explain to me why it is okay to have homosexual marraige legal and not polygamist marraige?
  • cfrizz
    edited September 2006
    Just who was it that decreed that polygamy was permitted in their religion? God? I somehow doubt that very much.

If these now consenting women were brainwashed from childhood with this garbage they would of course think that it was alright.

Just look at those white girl twins who run around preaching white superiority!

If they hadn't been raised by bigots they would know that this stance is racist & wrong!
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    I believe polygamy is wrong. However, the fundamentalist Mormons believe it to be part of their religion. I don't think those people are bigots do you you? I think they believe what they believe whether we think it right or not.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    Just who was it that decreed that polygamy was permitted in their religion? God? I somehow doubt that very much.

If these now consenting women were brainwashed from childhood with this garbage they would of course think that it was alright.

Just look at those white girl twins who run around preaching white superiority!

If they hadn't been raised by bigots they would know that this stance is racist & wrong!

I don't understand how you can say,"If these now consenting women were brainwashed from childhood with this garbage they would of course think that it was alright."

Are you trying to say that teaching children the religion of their parents is brainwashing them???

I don't believe that the Roman Catholic church teaches the Bible correctly. . . but I don't tell Catholics that they have been brainwashed from childhood with RC garbage and that is why they think their sacrements are the only way to heaven. That would be ridiculous. It sounds to me that you are angry with polygamists and it shows.

How can you preach the tolerance you say you preach but condemn someone's religious or spiritual beliefs? I hate to burst your bubble but polygamy is all over the Old Testament. I don't believe that polygamy is right but I do believe in the Bible.