Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,707
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I mean, I've seen the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile in the flesh (or... whatever), but this is a new one to me...

They should hire a mover to maneuver that Hoover to my cousin's body shop in Vancouver to add some louvers.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,155
    edited September 2023
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I mean, I've seen the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile in the flesh (or... whatever), but this is a new one to me...

53016004741_4000f04881_b.jpg1963 Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Promotional Car by Vinnie DeVille, on Flickr

That sucks. Or probably doesn't.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,482
    Options
    I had a 1987 Buick Regal black presidential model w/side lights canvas black top with sunroof. 307 Buick motor. Plush interior. I put chrome wheels on it & sweet tires. Aftermarket radio & nice speakers (Audio Jam install) It was my wife's summer car. I will post picture later. Sure miss that car
    Randy/Maine
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    How the oyramids were built

fo8lwoahz4tc.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,019
    edited September 2023
    Options
    pl9pwb481neu.png

They must be playing in Williamsburg Va.

I just bought 2 boards a week apart from 2 different ladies who were downsizing within the past month.

They were made for tourists when Williamsburg was "restored" for tourists. Williamsburg Restoration Co. in conjunction with Virginia Metalcrafters made 1st quality reproduction wood and Brass items that were found in old Williamsburg in the past for the gift shops.

The board that came with WR&VM checkers (They're cool for being checkers.) and the board is stained where the checkers sat for years. These boards are 40+ years old so I'm ok with these.

The first purchased board is almost like new except for some scratches that aren't too bad to me. The second is like new except for the stains from the checkers.

Both were 20.00 ea. which is 1/10 of their worth right now give or take.

I also just bought a Swarovski "silver crystal chess set" in its case this morning that's just like new. I saw one in a passport shop crossing the Canada border 30 YEARS AGO and couldn't afford the 800.00 price. This was 200.00 today and I didn't ask for a reduction since the web has them A LOT higher.
    This was a bargain to me.

l4akp5l64o4y.png

1aavk99405wx.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,347
    Options
    59j96bxui3bg.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,503
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Does not make me wonder whether Japan outsourced to China the power steering pump reservoir cap on earlier Toyota trucks...
    Ugh. That typo... wtf. I completely reversed my own thought accidentally. And I can't even blame a phone! You know what I meant.

I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    I'm not a country music fan and I never found Newhart to be even close to funny.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    Really?!? He's so deadpan uptight. That alone cracks me up.

Seemed like he was always just playing himself, but I say that only because I've only seen him in a handful of things, and he was always the same.

I liked Newhart for the few episodes I saw. That might've been more for Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl, and that mean blonde bimbo woman. Poor Peter Scolari... he was the non-preferred Bosom Buddy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    You’re holding the wrong end.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,626
    Options
    Haven’t seen these in a while (as in decades) …

s9ztqtxwa7iz.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You should bring them back. Make millions. Make them sugar-free, though, so they'll be healthy.
    Edt: wait, you actually just saw these? They're probably from 1980.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,630
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »

s9ztqtxwa7iz.jpeg

I had a 3pack a day habit when I was 11. It took years to break that habit
    😬
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    bcwsrt wrote: »

s9ztqtxwa7iz.jpeg

I had a 3pack a day habit when I was 11. It took years to break that habit
    😬

I had to quit them cause I kept putting the lit end in my mouth.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,626
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    You should bring them back. Make millions. Make them sugar-free, though, so they'll be healthy.
    Edt: wait, you actually just saw these? They're probably from 1980.

Yeah, in a General Store on the square a couple towns over. I shoulda put my glasses on and looked for a copyright date or something. It does say “Original Recipe” on the front of the display box which makes me think they are current, but seems like it’d be illegal to manufacture them in today’s world.

Next time I’m passing through there I’ll stop in, ask what’s up and pick up a pack or two!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    Probably smuggled in from Canada.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm not a country music fan and I never found Newhart to be even close to funny.

I never like Ellen either.
  • ken brydson
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »

That is such a shame, Jesse, as you are missing out on such great Country Classics, like this gem...

yxx3bkvagn9t.png

Tom

I'm pretty sure I wore that same shirt for my second grade class picture in 1978...

Punk kid. I wore that shirt for my senior picture in '78
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,707
    Options

That is such a shame, Jesse, as you are missing out on such great Country Classics, like this gem...

yxx3bkvagn9t.png

Tom

I'm pretty sure I wore that same shirt for my second grade class picture in 1978...

I wore that same toupee with my Halloween costume in 1978.

And also in 1979.

And in 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1993, 1999, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015, and 2021.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,006
    Options

yxx3bkvagn9t.png

Tom

Punk kid. I wore that shirt for my senior picture in '78

I’m wearing that shirt now!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,092
    Options
    a photograph out of context...

yfsjoghhxam2.png

Maybe they're arresting these guys for selling Edsels?

Or maybe it's just context for the rise of the compacts in the US ca.1960 B) -- of which the weirdest was Mopar's Valiant.

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/uncategorized/curbside-classic-1961-valiant-follow-the-leader-the-dilemmas-of-art-vs-commerce/

I did not know that Valiant originally launched as a brand a la... well... Edsel... or Saturn, or (more recently) Hummer or Ram or (heh-heh-heh) Bronco and Mustang. :#

eha7jlv30u8p.png

7ncivhv9ahgd.png

• soundfreak1
    Options
    Every one of those ankle biters think they are Rottweilers.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    Maybe they're arresting these guys for selling Edsels?
    Those are the town's new cop cars. Doubt they have cop motors though.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk