Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    There's definately guano on the concrete base now. I'll have to be careful around it!

Tonights' picture.

hp4prxom6r1c.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,606
    d6bkagpz1twu.png

(as seen on hifihaven.org)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,357
    He should be afraid of dholes, elephants and crocs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ....and honey badgers !

Because honey badgers don't give a ****. while being impudent, churlish, and overly rambunctious.
    Sal Palooza
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    I'd mess with that tiger before a honey badger!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    They say he has whiplash neck injuries.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Was that "he" you, Randy? From reading the forum doing your neck exercises while truckin'?

I think that episode is gonna be on Heavy Rescue on The Weather Channel tonight.
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    Rumor has it he saw 2 chicks on the overpass. I only see/hit moose up here
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    hvpus6w2pxpq.jpg

What it's like being an audiophile
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2023
    @treitz3 LOL, that's a good one!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    zq2yx5ujb15i.png

Tom

There was the time that Elon stopped by Zuckerberg's house for a meeting with Zuckerberber but found that the Z-Man had been called away.
    As Elon stood at the front door he could faintly hear cries of alarm from within:
    Help,please help, I'm stuck !"
    Fearing the worst, Elon went rhrough the unlocked front door. Going from room to room Elon finally found Mrs. Zuckerberg in the kitchen, bent over rhe sink, with her hand stuck down the drain

.........and that's how things happen.
    Sal Palooza
  • chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    r93tbry4sbp3.jpg

@mhardy6647 made me think of Elaine
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    I went out to measure how high the bat house is but the tape measurer kept wanting to bend so I gave up.

But while I was out there at around 8:15pm, that's the time they start to move and come out. So...

I stayed there since I saw one bat flying around already and waited to see if the rest would come out.

Come out they did! :o:D I counted 30 in about 5 minutes or less. So I have at least 31now.

There's plenty of fields around me and I guess they're ok with a pond behind me and then some BIG retention ponds at UNCW a block or two away. I read they need water bigtime.

I might count them tomorrow night with my wife. It's like a "Wild Kingdom" episode. B) I stood beside the table with the shingles on it on the deck. Great view of the bats exiting too.

ftbz64lww6na.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2023
    Now this is a bat house.

vc13480qc6d8.jpg

At the "Vermont Public" [erstwhile VPR] studios/HQ in Colchester, VT. B)

In all seriousness, @Tony M your bat house is very cool -- especially given that it appears to be sold out for the season. :) Bats are better than insecticides.
    That said, you might want to get the rabies vaccine. Mrs. H got vaccinated for rabies this year -- before traveling to Guyana on a birding trip. Cheap insurance, you know? :|

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    vk52gyzkf9ep.png

Isn't that the one where the homeowner got in trouble with the HOA because "bat houses" weren't allowed, so he built a "structure", basically **** to the HOA? (IIRC, this structure was allowed per the covenant rules, even though bat houses were a no-no)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    **** = flippi'n the mid dle finger

The censorship on some things is ridiculous at times.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    treitz3 wrote: »
    vk52gyzkf9ep.png

Isn't that the one where the homeowner got in trouble with the HOA because "bat houses" weren't allowed, so he built a "structure", basically **** to the HOA? (IIRC, this structure was allowed per the covenant rules, even though bat houses were a no-no)

Tom

Most impressive young Jedi!
    There is a backstory -- and I didn't know it, 'til now.

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2017/08/01/love-bats-house-built/525590001/
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    jqa8agdchmv7.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    Doc, it may have been another structure. I can't seem to find the original story I was referring too (it was years ago) but did run across this meme, created as a result of it (again, IIRC)...

hiuygki5p0d4.png

Tom

• mhardy6647
    Maybe there's a big bat house craze?!
    I endorse that.
    B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,282
    Bats and purple Martin's can eat a ton of insects.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    823l1ppt0z3d.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn