Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,110
    Options
    959a9wso3u1m.jpg

So tonight's dinner, not using my oven.

Is it cooked or not?

ysh6vhgchet9.jpg

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,626
    Options
    Only if you started it out for 10-15 minutes on "lower" only, according to my wife.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    e2j7t35ggkca.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,022
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Few outtake shots. I photographed these review units before boxing them back up after completing my listening tests. Simply gorgeous.

Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary Edition in "Golden Oak" finish (Santos Rosewood veneer).
    7oiaqcondahv.jpg
    gtzjwezme00f.jpg

I was looking at Adorama's Triangle sale a day ago or so. Yea, BEAUTIFUL speakers in their line-up. I SERIOUSLY thought about getting a pr.. But then thought...I have plenty of classics here I haven't listened to for quite a while.

https://www.adorama.com/l/Home-Electronics/Home-Theater/Home-Theater-Speakers/Bookshelf-Speakers
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,099
    Options
    Few outtake shots. I photographed these review units before boxing them back up after completing my listening tests. Simply gorgeous.

Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary Edition in "Golden Oak" finish (Santos Rosewood veneer).
    7oiaqcondahv.jpg
    gtzjwezme00f.jpg

Those are lovely --although* the tweeters look like something from a ca. 1974 Radio Shack catalog. I assume they don't sound like that, though! ;)

Options

7oiaqcondahv.jpg
    gtzjwezme00f.jpg

I'm getting an audio steifel looking at those.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,298
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Perhaps because I'm looking at those on my Smartphone but it appears to me that one of those tweeters is not like the other

I could be wrong (as if !)..
    🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Review forthcoming?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,627
    Options
    Yep! About 90% done writing it, just need to do editing passes on it now and make it polished.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Those are lovely --although* the tweeters look like something from a ca. 1974 Radio Shack catalog. I assume they don't sound like that, though! ;)

Slightly more advanced than a Rat Shack tweet!
    hyo2i2q2rd8y.png

• bcwsrt
    Options
    y75op3b71j8c.jpeg
    Brian

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,633
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,511
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    xnsq27sesi7d.png
    Surely that's gotta be staged just for shock value?
    Could you imagine getting under that thing? Just for a dare?

Or like, for roulette with your friends? Every time someone goes under, someone swipes the strap with a utility knife, and rotate turns. Alternative to playing the game is sledge to the toes, no shoes.

At least it's 4x and not furring strips?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    that'd be great for watching all the w... weirdos.
    Which side are you on?
    😳
    Opposite side from you, of course :D
    I disabled signatures.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    Options
    The classic redneck car stand is cinderblocks.
    Great way to die. You hear a little cracking sound,
    then you're dead. I saw one of my son's friends
    using them. I immediately yelled at him. Told him
    to borrow my stands and wheel chocks. After that
    he used to come by a couple times a month to get
    them. That and some wrenches. He did buy his own
    after he got out of his teens.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Cinder block or stands
    Did you hear a cracking sound?
    You might be dead soon
  • maxward
    Options
    Nice haiku, Drew!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,099
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Granddaughter 11
    ... they do that just to make PoPo look bad 🙃
    Yeah, don't think that I don''t know what they're up to 🤔
    Out-freaking-standing! :)
    Good for them, and for you! B)
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    Options
    Cinder block or stands
    Did you hear a cracking sound?
    You might be dead soon

I did it once when I was 16. I heard the sound and moved fast.
    Nobody wants to be crushed by a 1960 Bel Air. I've owned stands
    ever since. And good tools. My dad had nothing but crap tools.
    I still have craftsman stuff from 1974.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    eh7uwxf3ksko.jpeg
    Brian

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,407
    Options
    Drugs are bad, Mkaaaay?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,518
    Options
    The CDs on the ceiling really tie everything together in my opinion, gotta have those.
  • msg
    Options
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,298
    Options
    I see some bare wood on them towers where a fellow with some elbow grease and hole saws from Home Depot could squeeze an extra couple of midrange drivers in each tower. . 💪👍
    Now we're talkin' full range coverage ! 🤔🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • maxward
    Options
    ^^And I know some people who would do just that!