bcwsrt wrote: »
    0wb9nnrsl2or.jpeg

Real life Angry Birds?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    z2vpwjmzv1d5.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    emfftjw7rrl6.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    emfftjw7rrl6.jpeg

Is that a brake pad?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    d8fn2l26bcif.png

Why is there a keyboard and mouse next to the sink?
    Does the Cat surf the internet while chillin.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    emfftjw7rrl6.jpeg

Little bit past the wear indicator?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    There's a little more brake dust than normal. They should have that checked. :*
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    21izwt0lmj7h.png
    Are cardinals truly aggressive? I've never seen them behave that way around here.
    I disabled signatures.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Ya we have homicidal Mockingbirds here! Nasty f-iers, unrelenting. That is a remarkable photo though!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,597
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    21izwt0lmj7h.png
    Are cardinals truly aggressive? I've never seen them behave that way around here.

When a bird’s hungry, it’ll do some crazy sheet!

https://www.beautyofplanet.com/man-accidentally-photographs-the-real-life-angry-bird/?fbclid=IwAR1Zs-6UVom8asy5y27RiNSrzc3J_L1c42qxa5ywHVxmIaszcwtiO0iYt5s
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,002
    Options
    0wb9nnrsl2or.jpeg

Real life Angry Birds?

Definitely looks like the Kamikaze version 😳
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,120
    Options
    From observing the behavior of the birdies coming to our feeder, the who's wary of who pecking (I crack myself up) order seems t be: Nobody bothers a woodpecker. Blue Jays are bullies who chase the smaller birds away. Cardinals share with everybody bar...blue jays - maybe they are the Robin Hoods of backyard birdies.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    Yes cardinals can be quite aggressive. Not at the level of mockingbirds nor some larger birds (e.g., goshawks) when nesting -- but male cardinals are notorious for attacking windows, mirrors and other shiny surfaces when they see their reflection & think it's a rival male. :o

Our across-the-road neighbor (now, sadly, deceased) had damage (to the finish) done to his nearly-new F-250 pickup by the attacks of an aggressive male cardinal a couple of years ago.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Tonight's little visitor out back when I got home from Good Friday service.

Unruffled (viewed from inside)

52800928391_2abbc187ff_b.jpg

52800359352_d89ef59e59_b.jpg

Ruffled (viewed from outside)

52801320680_3a16c9b38f_b.jpg

52801320610_ffc1fa50e1_b.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    21izwt0lmj7h.png

Remind me to tell you about crazy aggressive cardinals the next time we
    talk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Oh, and speaking of aggressive birds...

It's that time of year.

52800402732_3b2fed6e8a_b.jpg

52800970491_22ef46229f_b.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Oh, and speaking of aggressive birds...

It's that time of year.

52800402732_3b2fed6e8a_b.jpg

52800970491_22ef46229f_b.jpg

And to think just 65 million years ago, they were taking down stegosaurus....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    Options
    fsc4tcj9wzai.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    21izwt0lmj7h.png

Remind me to tell you about crazy aggressive cardinals the next time we
    talk.

Lou Brock was pretty aggressive at stealing bases and he was a Cardinal. :|

39xxihcrk229.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    How aggressive are cardinals? At least twice a year I’ll get dive bombed by a cardinal through my deer blind window. It took me awhile to figure out what provoked the attack. The attacks happened when I was using my big Sony digital camera or binoculars. The flash of the glass lens attracted the cardinals in defense. That picture is pretty accurate but does not show the brown spot in the photographers drawers…don’t ask how I know
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    Options
    wal9p5k0a4hq.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn