mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    e7fnea1ghx3c.png

(ASR)
    I had this happen once. Well, more than once, but for this story...

A hair clip sort of appeared on one of my nightstands one day. It was thin and wide, you know, the sort of thing that could find its way I to cracks and gaps of old, second hand furniture? that is truly what I thought had happened, and that it had worked its way free somehow.

Kind of freaked me out, because I wasn't sure where it came from or that it belonged to my current gf at the time. So I did what any normal guy looking to avoid a situation would do - I hid it. Then she asked one night, Hey! What happened to my hairclip?

I answered honestly, and without thinking - "I didn't know that was yourssss..." 😑😬, immediately - and too late - realizing my mistake.

My friends, know this: There is no undo in life. There is no amount of back pedaling one can do to reverse such damage.

Luckily, she was just messing with me.
    And, I had the other hair clips properly stashed away.

As a fun joke one day, stick an extra, girlie toothbrush in the bathroom, or ask a friend's girlfriend or wife for some strands of hair to place on your pillows.

I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,341
    Options
    One of may favorite roads EVER! What an engineering masterpiece!

This (not photoshopped) is an actual road in Morganton NC. Love the touch with the dedicated stop sign.

4aw4m5vz201c.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    It seems well lit too.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    All you need is a 68/69 Charger and you're set !
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    ^^^ lol
    Just needs two rails and some gravel for the train crossing, and the gate to shatter on launch.

Seriously though, Ivan - that's your BMX "find the line" radar. It never stops working :D

"... I could jump that..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    ajmwx6jg28eq.jpg

a town built to hide what's beneath it Boeing plant #2
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Now that's f ing funny
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    Wish I could see the message on the sweater.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    e7fnea1ghx3c.png

(ASR)
    I had this happen once. Well, more than once, but for this story...

A hair clip sort of appeared on one of my nightstands one day. It was thin and wide, you know, the sort of thing that could find its way I to cracks and gaps of old, second hand furniture? that is truly what I thought had happened, and that it had worked its way free somehow.

Kind of freaked me out, because I wasn't sure where it came from or that it belonged to my current gf at the time. So I did what any normal guy looking to avoid a situation would do - I hid it. Then she asked one night, Hey! What happened to my hairclip?

I answered honestly, and without thinking - "I didn't know that was yourssss..." 😑😬, immediately - and too late - realizing my mistake.

My friends, know this: There is no undo in life. There is no amount of back pedaling one can do to reverse such damage.

Luckily, she was just messing with me.
    And, I had the other hair clips properly stashed away.

As a fun joke one day, stick an extra, girlie toothbrush in the bathroom, or ask a friend's girlfriend or wife for some strands of hair to place on your pillows.

I don't think I'll try that, she knows I keep a 9mm by my nightstand. She might be tempted................

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    ^^^ lol
    Just needs two rails and some gravel for the train crossing, and the gate to shatter on launch.

Seriously though, Ivan - that's your BMX "find the line" radar. It never stops working :D

"... I could jump that..."

That is no Joke my friend! I see stuff all the time and say to myself "I could 360 that" or " I could tabletop that"
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,341
    Options
    @OleBoot - I love your sense of humor. Keep up the great posts!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,130
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    @OleBoot - I love your sense of humor. Keep up the great posts!

Tom

Well, I am no longer pursuing audio nirvana now I am on a fixed retirement income (although I thoroughly enjoy reading about what you guys are doing in that respect), so I hope I may be able to contribute with a little levity !!
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    efobftx4osca.png

I have to ask…..
    What’s a LILF 😳
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    leg I’d like to ****. You know dogs with their leg jumping habits and all
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Leg...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus