• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,233
    edited February 2023
    Viking64 wrote: »
    It helps if you are familiar with Tom Jones. :p

My My My...you are correct

Great voice
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    kl8ns92cyw50.png

That doesn't look like a pencil and paper... :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    mxrdloysqvsv.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,634
    edited February 2023
    Viking64 wrote: »
    It helps if you are familiar with Tom Jones. :p

It's not unusual.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,607
    Ahh, yes: Tom Jones Syndrome.
    While not terribly common... It's not unusual.

o58hbwfp0kgg.gif

meanwhile, from darker corners of teh webz...

6sgwbwgw7qjz.png
    (ASR)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,357
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Ahh, yes: Tom Jones Syndrome.
    While not terribly common... It's not unusual.

o58hbwfp0kgg.gif

Why... why... WHY Delialah!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,233
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    Keiko wrote: »
    Well she's all you'd ever want, the kind you'd like to flaunt and take to dinner
    She's a Lady... talkin' about the little lady...

3n9cjl1qso90.jpg

Ronnie James Dio lives!

2ficnlkx00qu.gif

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Well she's all you'd ever want, the kind you'd like to flaunt and take to dinner
    She's a Lady... talkin' about the little lady...

3n9cjl1qso90.jpg

bl1mbvar2zuy.png

Quoting the Diceman... Transtesticle
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    m70v40udvabi.png
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    That explains alot. LOL
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,893
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    2bhslwuyxnmp.jpeg

When I was a kid, I always thought they were saying exactly ^^^ that ^^^ but replace "ruler" with a woodie. You know, something that sounds like "Loner".

For the life of me, I never understood why they would sing something so word salad.

There is another song I completely butchered as well. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Scar Tissue when he's singing about the birds and a lonely view. Oi.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    Ran across some vintage audio literature in a box of my stuff I grabbed from my parents’ basement the other day.

9cfwx5wivip5.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    jrjif92uyl5o.jpeg
    Brian

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    I wonder just how many are shot at.......

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    jrjif92uyl5o.jpeg

Oh the humanity…. 😖
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    uer9s6zdltcp.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,568
    Hey, I think I found it!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,893
    4v27e8c0pgx8.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ That is right on so many levels! B)
    CRT TV, too, I'll bet...
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2023