Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,909
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Hey @ken brydson , has your air cleared up there at all yet? Portland is so bad that most places have closed down.

Little better today but still bad.
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,826
    This morning wasn't too. Bad but the wind must have shifted because it's really thick right now. We need rain bad!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,909
    audioluvr wrote: »
    This morning wasn't too. Bad but the wind must have shifted because it's really thick right now. We need rain bad!

We had a little rain overnight, thought it would have cleared the air more than it did...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,466
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

11...my favorite number. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Oddly enough at about the same time VW discontinued the Karman Ghia they introduced the "Thing"

bw2nt16acozm.png

You know the THING

I JUST saw one the other day. It was a 2 door. It was red with white top. It was definitely restored. The driver was young and had a smile on his face for some reason. I liked the color scheme.

I hadn't seen a THING in many, many years! I think most rusted away a long time ago.

• fish357fish357 Posts: 306
    edited September 15
    Tony M wrote: »

11...my favorite number. :)
    Sr71 Blackbird, my favorite war plane.
    Two Pratt&Whitney J58’s hurtling that bad boy at Mach 3+, and nearly into outer space.
    Oh to ride in one of those.
    @mhardy6647 Great photo!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,566
    Oddly enough at about the same time VW discontinued the Karman Ghia they introduced the "Thing"

bw2nt16acozm.png

You know the THING

I JUST saw one the other day. It was a 2 door. It was red with white top. It was definitely restored. The driver was young and had a smile on his face for some reason. I liked the color scheme.

I hadn't seen a THING in many, many years! I think most rusted away a long time ago.

There's a fellow at audiokarma who has a restored Thing.
    Beastly cool.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 2,087
    uz6fh6s5u6jy.png

I... I don't know what to say...

It makes me a little less apprehensive about trying a soldering iron.
    I agree! What am I worried about?

I was shocked to see my RTi12's cross-over board being the size of a Rubik's cube or smaller.

Heart surgery #2 and #3 is now facing me. :#:p

8gaant0ymtpb.png

h785ozn5ce44.png
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,308
    edited September 16
    CH46E wrote: »
    @BlueBirdMusic didn't the 924 come with a 4cyl audi engine?

@CH46E, I had to look it up. My memory capabilities have slipped a little.

"The Porsche 924 used an Audi four-cylinder engine and a rear-mounted transaxle." (from internet)

By the way, I now drive a made in Japan 1998 RAV4 with about 130K miles.

Prior to the 1998 RAV4, I drove a 1999 made in Japan RAV4 with over 320K miles totaled when a 16 year old pulled out in front of me. It was the best car I have ever owned. Going backwards in car years now.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
    edited September 16
    I agree! What am I worried about?

I was shocked to see my RTi12's cross-over board being the size of a Rubik's cube or smaller.

Heart surgery #2 and #3 is now facing me. :#:p

8gaant0ymtpb.png

h785ozn5ce44.png

You can make your own replacement and make it as large as you like -- at some point, though, the volume of the XO and its components could alter the speaker system tuning. Srsly.

The alternative -- which is (IMO) a danged good one -- is to outboard the XO.
    Many of the cool kids do this. B)

47715534881_04eb1d9cc4_b.jpgDSC_4469 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

... and here's my inspiration (JE is my inspiration for a lot of things hifi -- and the designer of my amplifier)

f0p76tmc66mh.png
    source: https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2018/01/altec-2-way-xo-redux.html

Even some of the cool adults do, too. ;)

30263283421_f58434f663_b.jpgJBL N600 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    26003722301_5a135297d1_c.jpg604Etest2 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    I hear you.

Even with the humungous volume of these RTi12s internal volume?

I know I'm not going $$$$ on new big/giant caps on these. In fact, I'd love to get normal replacements for the CAPS. I see the resistors I bought are twice as long as the originals. The 5 watt mills are the same size but they might burn up like the originals.

I think I can make the 12 watt Mills work.

Now..it looks to me the tweeter resistor is mounted inside the same copper path. ?

I thought the electrical path had to go in one way and out the other on a different coper path. Am I missing something?

ndknnqwrm7qx.png
    Looks like there are two separate "traces" connected to the resistor if I am interpreting the photo correctly. It also looks like the PC board itself may have gotten somewhat toasted -- which could be a problem.
    edited September 16
    Thanks Doc.

The 2 little solder points under the resistor are coming from the resistor. Almost center of the pic. but to the right and up a touch. I looked at them in 2 different study times but didn't look at the other 2 resistors to see if they are on the same copper trace. I should have. Most likely I'll go out tonight after dinner and look at the others. ;)

I was wondering about the scorched earth/board issues! :#

• A Victory bike ?
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • verbverb Posts: 10,313
    0urujtusmdc7.png

Love it! My hair needs some help! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • fish357fish357 Posts: 306
    edited September 16
    @CH46E Good looking pup. It’s like losing a kid. :/
    Louis Vuitton is 17 now, he still loves anything outdoors. It’ll be a bad day when he goes.
    Looks like there are two separate "traces" connected to the resistor if I am interpreting the photo correctly. It also looks like the PC board itself may have gotten somewhat toasted -- which could be a problem.

I went out after dinner and sure enough, the other 2 resistor's legs are pegged to separate traces.

Looking at the schematic, I see the other 2 resistors interacting with other components of their circuits.

The Tweeter's resistor is ON a straight line----> to a Capacitor.

qdfnmdh9a3md.png

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,974
    hzr1l5qjwh7t.jpg

You win
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - Parasound A21+ - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"