Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 1,079
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Actually, pretend I never posted that :p The lion GIF, no kidding, was transiently -replaced by a photo of two happy looking people who seemed to be enjoying some conviviality on a street someplace. It's back to the lion GIF now... honest! :/

You removed the tin foil from around your head again didn't you?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 29,469
    dang! that's it!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,571
    ^^^^ More Hooters fewer Pugs. Nothing against Pugs, love 'em!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,368
    edited February 2019
    I wish I could post this flat outright but I tried and failed. I have said I have brain farts once in a while. This pertains to that but in a sort-of funny way with a squirrel pic.. :D

https://www.facebook.com/Sarcasmleague/videos/834377806754258/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    ohhh, Yamaha...
    jeez, Louise!

:p

cohcyd43ldoa.png
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,147
    OleBoot wrote: »
    pGwShG8.gif

"Look! He's got an antenna! How come we don't have antennas? I need to get me one!"
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    so... there I was, looking for a nice photo of a 1970s-style Big Rig (i.e., straight outta Smokey and the Bandit kinda thing)... and the internet found me... this.

svsww2v95vfh.png

I have no words.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,522
    edited February 2019
    That's not like any Peterbilt I ever sold.

I saw two old trucksalesman once in their car with a bumper sticker that said, "Old truckers never die, they just get a new P.......t."
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    Milito wrote: »
    That's not like any Peterbilt I ever sold.

I saw two old trucksalesman once in their car with a bumper sticker that said, "Old truckers never die, they just get a new P.......t."
    That's enough to make me wonder what's a Ken Worth?

:#
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,038
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    so... there I was, looking for a nice photo of a 1970s-style Big Rig (i.e., straight outta Smokey and the Bandit kinda thing)... and the internet found me... this.

svsww2v95vfh.png

I have no words.

That there is a Large Car.... Pete's are called Large Car by trucker talk on Cb :)
    Randy/Maine ..RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 10,925
    With large/tall tower speakers, is it a problem that a lot of the time the tweeter is going to be well above ear level when you're seated in front of them?

16tkv2tzf0bc.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    Well, it depends on the dispersion of the tweeter -- more to the point, of the whole loudspeaker system.

Some tweeters sound best from another room --- or maybe even in someone else's house. The venerable Electrovoice T35 fairly leaps to mind. :)

metxo80wmtre.png

Tom Brennan famously quipped that the best positioning for Klipsch Heresys is face down, and ideally in a different room or domicile than that of their hapless owner.

:)

• dago
    dago Posts: 38
    Clipdat wrote: »
    With large/tall tower speakers, is it a problem that a lot of the time the tweeter is going to be well above ear level when you're seated in front of them?

16tkv2tzf0bc.jpg

As Mark suggested, depends on the dispersion pattern. A simple fix, if it bothers you, is to tilt the speaker forward by raising the back end an inch or 2 and see if that helps.
  • mhardy6647
    dago wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

16tkv2tzf0bc.jpg

As Mark suggested, depends on the dispersion pattern. A simple fix, if it bothers you, is to tilt the speaker forward by raising the back end an inch or 2 and see if that helps.

Just... not. too. much.

ip1fps8k5is4.png

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2016/04/The-Stack/3749632.html
  • dago
    dago Posts: 38
    LOL...YEP, I wouldn't go much over an inch.
  • mhardy6647
    dago wrote: »
    LOL...YEP, I wouldn't go much over an inch.

There's a tasteless joke in there someplace -- but, since you're a newb and all, I'll resist the temptation.

:#
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,944
    Please don’t do that to my driveway when you come over Tom
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,147
    Snow slid off the roof of my garage

69tq841dg05i.jpg
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    DAAYAAM! :o

I'm glad you weren't under that! ;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 20,696
    :p Cowabunga dude
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    I have it working about 85% now. The volume dial needed deoxidizing to get the severe static cleared out. The quad meter was pulsating on the right and then on the left channel more than the others. After I deoxidized the volume, the meter barely pulsates at all now. There are push buttons I couldn't get to today. In fact I didn't get to do any of them. Some are still really oxidized and need cleaning badly. But it plays fantastically. All functions work pretty well though. I'm HAPPY. I also cleaned all the knobs and dials and glass and front plate. It looks new! :pB) The tuner pulls in stations beautifully. Look at the size compared to a regular receiver under it. :D

I found out today hooking the 2 speakers up that this receiver can have 8 speakers hooked up to it. :o I'm going to go look at the manual from on the web JUST how this 8 speaker ability works. The rear is dusty and needs cleaning too. Maybe tomorrow.
    g1o3te9sw980.png
    edhj1lrvv6mx.png
    en532ccwbplb.png
    k2rnrd6hft3w.png
    14dc0l3uvunc.png
    Post edited by Tony M on