Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,607
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

This was driven by Raymond Mays who became quite famous as a designer and sometimes driver of Formula One cars and went on to run a tuning business supplying high performance car parts. The envy of me and my car buddies in the early 70's was a guy we knew with a straight six engined Ford Zodiac with a Raymond Mays head. Christ, I'm old.

q6r3kpd891a6.png
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,817
    cl07moewq7g8.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    The patches we wore on our uniforms at McChord AFB: We were a TAC outfit, we flew F-106's, our squadron was known as the Dragons, we were the 318th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, defenders of the northwest....
    kog7q5mcm69w.png
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    cl07moewq7g8.jpeg

How "Green!"

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    edited July 22
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    hvy9rj3c83lc.jpg. kr2jrmnwog4a.jpg

Dang, I thought this was Trey's work at first.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,553
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    cl07moewq7g8.jpeg

Weenie roast on the beach!
  • mhardy6647
    There were only 206 JetStars built?!
    I did not know that. I always found them fascinating, with their four little jet engines. :)
    I remember seeing at least a couple of different ones at good old Friendship International Airport near B-more in my youth. Spent a lot of time at the airport with my father, who in fact even invested some time, effort, and $ in pursuing a private pilot's license in the 1970s (which he never completed, for whatever reason).
  • mhardy6647
    From Jalopnik to Yahoo to me... to you. B)

1a2g7h9duxzd.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,964
    This is an absolvelute transvesty!!!!

bor049pjtcka.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ Clearly, somebody harshed their mellow.

53875430510_0196102775_b.jpgBIOD #205 - Monkey Business - 1960 by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,602
    "Clearly, somebody harshed their mellow."]
    ?
    You know, just READING that caused me to have a flashback 🤯🎆

Not accusing anybody of anything but the Emergency SHTF Psychedelic Kit is for EMERGENCIES ONLY !
    Unauthorized use is not
    ....well...authorized 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    edited July 24
    weg4zlxorsc6.png
    lol, that took me a minute.
    At first I thought he deserted after he got everything he needed.

I disabled signatures.
  • OleBoot
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,241
    OleBoot wrote: »
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png

A true pioneer in the point and shoot driving
  • OleBoot
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png

Is it someone famous? I just thought it was a bizarre looking machine.
  • mrbigbluelight
    cdd0nfadpebm.png

Owls and eagles are mortal enemies.
    Don't know why, but they hate each other 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 24
    cdd0nfadpebm.png

Even eagles must deal with gnats
  • pitdogg2
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png

Doubt he ever made to famous with that contraption unless it was a spectacular wreck like the six million Dollar Man 😁
  • Geoff4rfc
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png

Bizarre indeed!!! Heat shield from the engine?? Wheelie bars?? Looks like a twin so probably not a ton of torque. Nothing fancy but a hard tail suspension. I'd loved to have seen a run but man, if he got out of shape with that long rake.......
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png

Bizarre indeed!!! Heat shield from the engine?? Wheelie bars?? Looks like a twin so probably not a ton of torque. Nothing fancy but a hard tail suspension. I'd loved to have seen a run but man, if he got out of shape with that long rake.......

Geoff, I gotta know - what do you consider to be an adequate torque figure? lol
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited July 24
    msg wrote: »
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    What the Fork?

6miowbtjdxfh.png

Geoff, I gotta know - what do you consider to be an adequate torque figure? lol

"Adequate"?????? LOL, well, my 2005 GSX-R 750 had 64 ft-lbs at 11200 RPM while my '06 liter GSX-R had a whopping 87 ft-lbs @ 8500 RPM......now with that in consideration, the 2005 SV650 twin that I got invited to do an endurance race on had 47.2 ft-lbs @ 7200 RPM.

After hopping off the 750 and jumping on the twin, it felt like a toy. I hardly used the brakes at the end of the straight, just threw into the 120mph corner and supported it with my inside knee...it was a blast!! I was riding around inexperienced riders on Kawi 600's B)

Here's a pic of me riding around the outside of slower riders on my 750...check the difference in angles, I remember just barely brushing his plastic with my elbow as I went by him.....

5oacwo8wdlg1.png

He came into my pits after the race and told me I scared the crap out of him. I encouraged him by saying, "Dude!! You were hauling a s s when I went by you" :D

• OleBoot
  • OleBoot
  • mrbigbluelight
    Prototype

50oaogggcs1x.png

Making puppies ? 🤔
    Sal Palooza