Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,670
    Options
    The Oompa Loompas always gave me the creeps. That image will disturb my sleep for weeks.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,117
    Options
    Now on the market: two floating forts off the coast of England.

The structures were built more than 150 years ago between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight to defend against possible French invasion. Back then, they were known as the Palmerston Forts but because they never saw any action, they earned the nickname of Palmerston's Follies.

No Man's Fort and Spitbank Fort are both currently luxury hotels, featuring a nightclub, wine cave, spa and an entire pub.

Spitbank Fort
    48981al8vwhs.png

No Man’s Land Fort
    m7886ahaw3u6.png

Horse Sand Fort: was expected to be retrofitted but was delayed.
    6gcmn5ncpmia.png

(Note: I think I have seen one of these forts in science fiction movie)
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,369
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    byvhemcxsu53.png

The graph doesn't make entirely clear whether the deaths are solely due to the sinking of the Titanic or is all inclusive, ie, the deaths of all who had sailed on the Titanic.
    I believe it is of the latter but those of us who are more mentally invested in the scientificals would like more clarification. 🤔✅
    Sal Palooza
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,033
    Options
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,236
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    byvhemcxsu53.png

The graph doesn't make entirely clear whether the deaths are solely due to the sinking of the Titanic or is all inclusive, ie, the deaths of all who had sailed on the Titanic.
    I believe it is of the latter but those of us who are more mentally invested in the scientificals would like more clarification. 🤔✅

I too believe it is the latter, but "Titanic Annual Deaths' seems to imply it shows how many Titanics died that year. Given that no units are specified, I think it means one big Titanic and one little Titanic.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,373
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    What is ASR?

Audio Science Review forum.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,237
    Options
    from our paisans @ hifihaven...
    pdiprfvws5nj.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,236
    edited May 23
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,754
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    53742396495_3680678786_b.jpg
    53742396750_981bd5089f_b.jpg

Is that Wisteria?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,053
    Options
    oh yea.

Wisteria vines next door will POP seeds over into our yard in the fall. About 70' or more. But the vines are 60' high or more.

I love their scent.

Wilm. NC is loaded with it.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,707
    Options
    f6qf3997tk1e.jpeg
    wcbfqgaz9c96.jpeg
    o2p1sek9gzw2.jpeg
    1lw1q6ejx5h4.jpeg
    3rdm7xiwxv9s.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,707
    edited May 23
    Options
    First one I'd seen in person and up close. Looked worse than they do in any photo, including my own. 😝

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,206
    Options
    Cybertruck…. Kitchen Certified
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,489
    Options
    Moonrise is awesome tonight

hseh62oai7pt.jpg
    vf6ukh5ugs64.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,684
    Options
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,046
    Options
    Wow, that's a tough post to follow, but...
    3nq7m0xfrz97.jpg

igovpe3554pa.jpg

"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I don’t get all the hype with that truck, it’s friggin hideous.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,479
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    3nq7m0xfrz97.jpg

WTF is that????
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,670
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    3nq7m0xfrz97.jpg

WTF is that????

bufh8iqzgs10.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,046
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    3nq7m0xfrz97.jpg

WTF is that????

bufh8iqzgs10.jpg
    Thank you, Scott, for answering that rather pedestrian question B) I think those 15kW of electrical power equate to about 20HP, so hold-on to your seat!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,206
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    3nq7m0xfrz97.jpg

WTF is that????

bufh8iqzgs10.jpg

What happens when they hit 88 miles per hour?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,533
    edited May 25
    Options
    0416opglk7cj.png

Blast from the past.....One of the greatest (non-full range) systems I have heard. The Black Hole Boys sure know how to make it happen!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,533
    Options
    ....No speaker was blown during the presentation before or after, FWIW.

This was awesome!!! 😀

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~