Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,216
    Options
    Not true Tom… the prince must be non-binary and use they/them pronouns while renouncing the patriarchy.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,543
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,278
    Options
    Full cloud cover here last night -- again. 3 out of 3 auroral chances. :(

Meanwhile, the precursor to an internet meme? Only 2/3 complete, but...

53718273836_6e2eb16e84_b.jpgVintage STEM Ad 334 - Koratron - 1967 by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,483
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    @audioluvr Is that Mt. Adams?

Yup. We only got a light show Friday night. Nothing since.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,714
    Options
    x3dvvjirtpro.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    53719785671_5467ddeb6d_b.jpg

'twas a beautiful day in the neighborhood today...
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Not long ago, I purchased a different USB microscope for evaluating my stylus tips, and below are a few images from an Audio Technica AT32E, which has many hours of usage.

This first shot is from the front, where you can see the profile of the wear spots. I didn't place the red lines directly onto the spots, but it's pretty easy to see the flat areas.
    tdmnrntctubt.jpg
    Next, from the bottom, and with only the microscope's ring light, the wear patches show as somewhat darker spots.
    5r0t7a0kb4oa.jpg
    And finally, another bottom shot, but this time with side lighting, so the reflection of light from the wear patches appears as bright spots.
    s1ovozaua2nm.jpg
    The results show that although this stylus has significant usage, it still has a fair amount of life left IMO.

The key with contact patches (right and left) is that they shouldn't 'meet in the middle', forming a chisel point. When that happens, it indicates that the stylus is 'bottoming-out' in the groove (of your precious vinyl record), which is not a good thing.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    edited May 13
    Options
    Very cool, and good and interesting info, @jdjohn
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,118
    edited May 14
    Options
    0cvm8pvponob.png
    Her IT"S name is "SOPHIA".

A ROBOT created with artificial intelligence was selected by a US college to give the primary commencement speech, sparking fears of an AI takeover.
    fgbt3nz8v8l0.png
    What started as a normal commencement ceremony took a turn for the bizarre on Saturday when graduates and their families were introduced to Sophia the robot, who gave an inspiring address.

I give this a "CREEPY"
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,246
    Options
    XB-70 Valkyrie vs SR-71 Blackbird. Supersonics.

6chjsyuxkgvj.jpg
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Onkyo A-8017 integrated
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,506
    Options
    Sweet COE designs. I'd love to have that VW for camping out
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,216
    edited May 14
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    59dgvtvovfkc.png

Damn good thing she was not an Austin Powers fan.

Oh My GOD!!! It’s a giant…🍆
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    edited May 14
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    59dgvtvovfkc.png

This is Red 5, I am *definitely* going in!
    The rest of you should head back to base, I got this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnuYhuYcsU
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    0cvm8pvponob.png
    Her IT"S name is "SOPHIA".

A ROBOT created with artificial intelligence was selected by a US college to give the primary commencement speech, sparking fears of an AI takeover.
    fgbt3nz8v8l0.png
    What started as a normal commencement ceremony took a turn for the bizarre on Saturday when graduates and their families were introduced to Sophia the robot, who gave an inspiring address.

I give this a "CREEPY"

tohs7n4be038.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Love scenes like that. I find myself longing for lazier, less crowded and hectic days... Mid 60s to low 70s and low humidity as well.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,384
    Options
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,384
    Options
    got the Dell up and running (Motorola still busting my chops) so you've been warned.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mf6adxgqqrbg.png
    This just in... breaking news from the Green Mountain State.
    https://www.vermontpublic.org/local-news/2024-05-15/max-the-cat-honorary-doctorate-vermont-state-university-castleton
    1d0ozqc1sreb.png
    ... and a fine looking beastie he is.
    B)

• mhardy6647
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options