Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

Options

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I was going to say something, but figured they'd find out soon enough once they arrived. Rookies.

I was sorta thinking that about the most serious game of cards would be.....flip a card, take a shot. Flip a card...take a shot. That sort of thing.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Poker??? You can play poker at home or whatever. This is Polkfest, it's about the music, the gear and all that stuff.

I say bring the chips just in case, there might be some lull time that would usually be filled with shrubbery wrestling and fireworks incidents. :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Ok, i just confirmed with someone here at work that I'll be able to borrow one of the white labcoats they use.

With BDT's blessing, we're going to do some photos of you numbskulls wearing the labcoat and posing next to his SRS 2.3's (the now infamous Matt Polk labcoat 1980's brochure).

LMAO, I'm wondering how many times i'll piss myself laughing at PF '06! This is gonna be great!

BDJ
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Bring paper towels.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Is anyone from the Chicago/Indy/Cincinatti/Columbus/Lousiville areas planning on driving or need a ride in order to attend?? I just found out that I will have the week off next week and will in most likelihood be driving to PFest. Let me know.

And, who needs a roomie to split the cost of a room???
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    amulford wrote:
    Troy, did you fill the gas botlle on the grill?
    Yeah, no problem on the grilling.....I'm sorta assuming that some folks plan on taking some home, no?
    What, the gas? :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm sorta assuming that some folks plan on taking some home, no?

I sure as hell hope so...
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Polk65 is supposed to show. Somebody kiss him on the lips for me, he's done some nice things for this household lately. Russ, Doro.
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hey Noel,

My wife and I are driving down from Cbus Thursday morning. Staying in town at a B&B though.

Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Options
    bert26 wrote:
    Hey Noel,

My wife and I are driving down from Cbus Thursday morning. Staying in town at a B&B though.

Chris

I've found several rooms, I was just trying to find someone that wants to go but has no way of getting there so I could pick them up on te way and split fuel costs.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Grr, I wish I could make it to this, I've always wanted to meet some of the cahracters on this board, but unfortunately I'm going to be in Portland that weekend, a trip I've had planned for like 6 months now.

Hopefully Northeast Polkfest will come around at some point.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I guess I'll be driving it alone, but does anyone have a room with 2 beds that wants to split the cost, before I make reservations???
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have an extra bed plus space on the floor.

Any of you looking for a ride this is your wake up call. Noel is driving from Indy so polish your thumb and get your **** in gear.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Polk65 is supposed to show. Somebody kiss him on the lips for me, he's done some nice things for this household lately. Russ, Doro.

He is in fact cool, but I'm not kissing the ****...would a hearty bear hug with no feet on the ground do?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'll share a bottle with you but that's as close as you'll get. No first base on the first date. :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Don't worry George, after I'm nice and lit, I'll be sure to give him a reach around when I mount him.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I have two excellent men on the job Steve. If you close your eyes and picture Wendi while they're manhandling you, it just MIGHT BE SUBLIME.
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Wow!!:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Notes to self for attending PF06:

Do not drink anything you don't open yourself and maintain posession at all times until consumed.

If you smell chloroform (even a whiff), run...don't walk to the nearest exit and find the car.

When the activities mentioned in the threads above start, it's time to head to the motel room (the location of which you have kept secret) or to the nearest strip club (chances are there could be issues there also but the show will be better).
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Does anyone know of any shortcuts from Indy?? There always seems to be a shorter route than what mapquest lays out for ya.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Head South ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Don't worry George, after I'm nice and lit, I'll be sure to give him a reach around when I mount him.

The pictures I'm going to get. OMG! National Geographic won't have anything on PF 2006!
    No excuses!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Does anyone know of any shortcuts from Indy?? There always seems to be a shorter route than what mapquest lays out for ya.

yes, hop on a plane. that's the only shortcut i know of. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:

Noel I thought about meeting you in Indy and then leaving with you from there, but there is no way for me to get Friday off; it's just too damn busy. I'm disappointed to say the least :(.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Options
    heiney9 wrote:
    Noel I thought about meeting you in Indy and then leaving with you from there, but there is no way for me to get Friday off; it's just too damn busy. I'm disappointed to say the least :(.

H9

Call in sick, damnit!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Call in sick, damnit!!!

I'll see what I can do, if this comes about it'll be very last minute. I'll keep you posted via PM. PM me the details of what your itinerary is and I'll do my best to try and get this thing together last minute.

I gotta go right now but I'll get back to you this weekend probably after the Bears game tomorrow

Dkg999 were talking in July about trying to make a plan, I bowed out from him because I Knew it was going to be busy at work and if I did pull it off it would be last minute.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hey Troy,

How far are you from the ocean?

I'll be going thru Kentucky, so if there are any special requests for bourbon or cigarettes, you better let me know. They sell cigs, real cheap and, of course, have the best bourbons in the friggin world.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm about 20 miles inland....
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited October 2006
    Options
    OK guys - what is the official itinerary for Friday night?

Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t