Gas prices pissing you off???

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,851
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
These greedy **** oil companies and that effing idiot President I voted for are really pissing me off. This **** is out of control and must be stopped. Call, write, email any and all of your public servants.....tell them what you think about getting raped at the pump!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2005
    Options
    It starts with OPEC, not the President. Don't take the cretin approach to why as I know you're not that dumb.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Doesn't matter where it starts, it's where it ends.

Bro, if you had to fill the tank in that truck everyday, you'd be more PO'd than me.

BTW, got your message, im me.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2005
    Options
    $2.59 for the cheap stuff here. I had to put in $30 the other day IN MY INTEGRA!!! WTF??? Talk about insane. I at least can say I did NOT vote for Bush... ;)
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Heck yeah man... and I dont even own a car....

It is currently like 2.45 a gallon here and seems to rise an amazing...... 5 cent a day. Never seen anything like it. By the time I get a car, it could be like 3 dollars a gallon! You would have to work two days at min wage to pay for that BS...

I think Im going to buy a bike...a nice bike!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2005
    Options
    It's futures trading that hikes up the price of oil. If the investors think it's going to go up, they'll trade it that way. Write a letter to the SEC first..so they can tell you "invest in it, take the profits and pay for the hike in price..business is business..it's your own fault for not thinking ahead of time and preparing."
    If you had to pay more for oil, you'd charge more for gas. Simple as that. Not saying the gas stations are innocent. If they pay X amount of dollars for a tanker that they got last week, they'll still jack up the price, even though they haven't gone through the X priced gas into the Y priced gas yet. Yes it's crooked in places, but it's not the fault of the President and not completely the fault of the oil refineries.

BTW..all this junk you hear about gas being at record highs is simply false. Oil would have to be at like ninety bucks a barrel to top the prices of the past. Adjust for inflation people.

Oh yeah, and adjust with the times. Buy hybrid. Invest in alternative sources of energy. Get off the **** wagon and do something about it.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • F1nut
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Adjust for inflation my arse. When I was 16, $5.00 would get you around all week in a rod that got 8 mpg. If they sold a hybrid van, I'd buy one, they don't.

President of Club Polk

• LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'm have no doubt there was cheaper gas in the 1800's..and tantamount to the quality of your gripe, I'm sure.
    Getting a hybrid SUV would help. I never said life was easy. Piece by piece man..piece by piece.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Doesn't matter where it starts, it's where it ends.

Bro, if you had to fill the tank in that truck everyday, you'd be more PO'd than me.

BTW, got your message, im me.

How can it not matter where it starts? Please, explain the logic in that statement.

I know what you mean, as you are directly affected by the issue to which I sympathize. You should also know that I may not pay for the fuel in my truck, out of pocket, but I am a stockholder in this company. Everything that Sprint/Nextel does affects me and it's not just fuel.

The prices of gasoline suck, but since we are so dependent on crude, it's not likely to really change anytime soon and it ENDS with us....the consumer. If you were that concerned, you'd be driving an eco-friendly vehicle.

Blah blah, this thread will just go sideways eventually so I'm outta here.

Happy Listening!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Agh! For the last time, they don't make a eco-friendly vehicle that I can use unless you want to see your priceless heirloom strapped to the roof of a Prius.

These high gas prices are going to result in a huge recession, mark my words.

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I think that would look cool! :D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited August 2005
    Options
    The gas problem, hell I'm not even going to go there. I am just glad that I do not drive a lot here in Yellowknife. The price of fuel here: $1.10 per litre. That works out to about $4.17 per gallon. I only spend between $40 and $50 per month. I feel for you folks that rely on your vehicle for your business or people that have long daily commutes. Hell, more that a 20 klm trip to a client site and it's expense report time. As for the fix, look at the control centre. :cool:
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Oy.... here in Chicago we're looking at 2.70 for regular. I'm dying trying to fuel the Expedition. I told my dad that we shouldnt be buying such a large car/truck/tank/boat. His reasoning is safety and although I agree with him, my wallet is dying.

I try to cut down my movement nowadays.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    So we're blaming Bush for the gas prices now?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Iraqi oil will be flowing and flooding the market real soon..........

And I thought it an appropriate time to reveal to you that I am really a woman.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • hellohello
    hellohello Posts: 428
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I want to make something like this work
    http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm
    Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
    PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
    15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
    DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Polkmaniac wrote:
    So we're blaming Bush for the gas prices now?

god i hope not. i didn't vote for the man, but it's not his fault (although I would love to blame it on someone in his administration, I can't. The Lib/Con card has nothing to do with it.

The thing that really sucks about this is that most consumer goods (especially perishables) are increasing in price thanks to the rise in transportation costs (gas) whereas the average income for America is staying put. Anybody follow the prices of lettuce heads, tomatoes and milk? Outrageous!

I think the economy would be great right now if it wasn't for gas and how it affects consumer goods in price. In reality though, the economy is simply OK.

I walk wherever I go now if it's within a mile from where I live. My A4 stays at home. It took $41 to fill it up with premium last week when gas was at $2.63 a gallon here in Greensboro. (now it's $2.74 for premium; an 11cent increase in just 5days)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Wow; never heard of this "water" engines...looks like they were able to get the H out of H2O.....but it just cannot be as easy as that, or we would already be riding only trucks with a bunch of water gallons in the back.....

Who knows; maybe in some near future....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited August 2005
    Options
    you know what's ironic? the fools that bought those new Hummer H2's three years ago- they were considered players and such. Now, people laugh at them.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2005
    Options
    aaharvel wrote:
    you know what's ironic? the fools that bought those new Hummer H2's three years ago- they were considered players and such. Now, people laugh at them.

No need to go that far....I am blaming myself for picking a V6 for my Accord....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I don't mind, my wife works for those oil companies.

Yes they are making record profits, but they also operate on a modified cost + business model so if the cost + is 10% at $1/gallon (before the gov't taxes) they make $0.10/ gallon, at $2/gallon, $0.20. I don't blame them. If they were really helping one another we'd be paying $6/gallon like Europe.

Jesse: You could look into a nasty deisel
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I've got a 36 gallon tank in my service van and I usually go through a tank and a half a week. I've been trying not to raise my prices but I just can't do it anymore. Most people are okay with it, they are experiencing the same with their overhead. Others get real bent out of shape and decide to look elswhere for their HVAC needs...until they hear what the other companies are charging.

We should have been drilling in Alaska 20-30 years ago. :mad:
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2005
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    If they were really helping one another we'd be paying $6/gallon like Europe.

Yep, we've still got it cheap here. I can't complain, I'll pay $2.50 for 12oz of beer at a bar. :cool:
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Rising prices on farm-produced products are very real. The price of hay for our horses just went up because it costs so much more to bale the hay. The farmer that we buy from recently switched from regular diesel to "offroad" (high sulphur content) diesel, in an attempt to keep prices down...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hellohello
    hellohello Posts: 428
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Im thinkin of tinkering with a small leafblower/lawnmower engine, just for the hell of itim reeeeeally tempted to see if i can make it work, id have to find an alminum engine tho, and a stainless exhaust... thats probably why it doesnt exist yet, the parts can be expensive... plus oil is political :-P
    Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
    PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
    15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
    DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I have not seen our leaders try to do anything about these large gas price increases.

Oil producing countries, Oil companies and pumping stations are reaping higher profits.

High transportation costs/fuel prices are bad for economic growth with one exception, Oil Companies.

The have's like to take from the have nots.

Men are basically foul creatures bent on their own self agenda's.

A Nation bent on rule by men's wishes is destined to corruption.

I think it would be rather grand if it were possible for all Americans to not use their personal vehicles for five straight days, I could do this, but others maybe not, I believe it would send a message and flood the market with a surplus to halt the present price push.

Remember Enron, "Lets make Aunt Mildred Pay".

Just some thoughts I have had.

RT1
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    edited August 2005
    Options
    45$ CAD to fill the Matrix, but a full tank will last us 2 weeks.

When the new US ambassador came here they interviewed him. They talk about gas. He mentioned that most of the gas supplied to the US and Canada comes from Alberta. I said WTF? gas from my own country and I pay this much ?

I think lexus now makes a hybrid SUV.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited August 2005
    Options
    The real problem is oil will run out. Sooner or later you won't be able to get it at any price. Whats' sad is we had 30 years after the big gas crunch to fix the problem, and wasted it. Now we're wasting billions in Iraq that could be better used on alternate fuels(cracking H2O for the H) and others.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited August 2005
    Options
    First of all, we will never "run out of gas". More correctly, the demand will eventually be greater than the supply, due to up and coming coutries like China & India. As these countries finally come out of the stone ages, they are building an industrial infrastructure at an alarming rate. It is their demand for oil & gas that is making these prices so high, among other things.

That is where it starts. It ends with us, the consumer, as someone already said. We simply must not use as much gas, to lower the demand, which will lower the prices. But as most of you know, this is impossible. For example, I have a 36 mile drive to work. That is one way. In one day, if I go to work, then back home, with no other stops, that is 72 miles. I cannot do anything about this. Those assbrained emails that float around from time to time telling you not to drive your car or purchase gas on Wednesdays are pure crap. What the ****? Am I just supposed to not go to work?

The oil industry has us over a barrel. (pun intended) There is no real possibility for the majority of us to reduce our gas usage. We are the demand. We are the problem.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Joey_V wrote:
    Oy.... here in Chicago we're looking at 2.70 for regular. I'm dying trying to fuel the Expedition. I told my dad that we shouldnt be buying such a large car/truck/tank/boat. His reasoning is safety and although I agree with him, my wallet is dying.

I try to cut down my movement nowadays.

Where are you getting regular for $2.70!? I paid $3.05/gallon for regular yesterday. It cost me $63 to fill the tank. The cheapest I've seen it on the north side is $2.97 for regular. You must be out in the 'burbs.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Time to play the devil's advocate. :rolleyes:

I voted for both Bush's since the alternatives were a wimp and a gimp, but you can't expect oil businessmen and Saudi business partners to embrace alternative fuels can you? Parties - where's the party? Dem's and Con's are both unaware of what the people want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_price_increases_of_2004_and_2005
    "While oil prices are considerably higher than a year ago, they are still far from exceeding the inflation-adjusted "peak of the 1980 shock, when prices were over $90 a barrel in today’s prices"

Most sheeple fail to realize this was due to OPEC (the oil owners) cutting off oil supplies to countries that supported Israel's Yom Kippur war. Got that?

Next. Adjusted for inflation? Right. Women entering the workforce in the 1970's brought home the extra bacon.

Curious what $2.50 in 1973 would cost today?
    http://www.austintxgensoc.org/calculatecpi.php

Today's U.S. oil prices are being jacked by lack of refineries, clean air rules, hurricanes in the Gulf, new demand in growing countries (China+India), and rebels blowing up the infrastructure in both Venezuela and Iraq. Just wait until the West calls Iran's bluff. Iran will be -1 nuclear reactor thanks to either Israel (remember 1981?) or maybe Europe might wake the eff up and do something other than breathe. If this happens, OPEC may pull the same **** they did in 1973.

Write to your senators supporting corn crops as a source of alternative fuel. Also ask them if the bling-bling NAFTA and CAFTA treaties will bring us oil from Canada and Mexico, or only illegals crossing our borders. We can grow our own fuel, put farmers back to work, and reduce or eliminate farm subsidies. If the Japanese win the game to produce hybrid/electric or even hydrogen cars enmasse, it will be very tough to catch up.

I've been waiting about 15 years for China to be where it is today. It's similar to the 1950's in the U.S. where more and more people could buy cars and highways were being built.

Bottom line, running consumer engines on water is what has them scared.
    Imagine "water in water out" hydrogen fuel.