Home Defense

12346»

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    The SA XD platform is very nice! Now which gun safe in what location do you keep that :D

In my cold dead hands. haha :p
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    This isn't meant as a put down on your state, because ours is **** too, in that regard, but why on earth do you live there? If it didn't mean upheaving a crapload of jobs and trying to move an entire business I wouldn't be here.

It's really scary when the government is telling you that you can't own a weapon to protect yourself. How does MA get around the right to keep and bear arms? It's like they're making you criminals before you commit a crime.

Frustrating...

Unfortunately in MA criminals have more rights than citizens. In this state the ONLY time you are allowed to shoot someone in self defense is if they are within 6 feet, have a weapon and are definately going to inflict bodily harm.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I'm workin real hard to get outta this state, Demi, and move on up to New Hampshire, which would be the same commute to work. Just a matter of time and money.

And I'm not the only one. Massachusetts I believe is the only state in the COUNTRY with a declining population the past few years. I don't think ANYONE wonders why.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I'm workin real hard to get outta this state, Demi, and move on up to New Hampshire, which would be the same commute to work. Just a matter of time and money.

And I'm not the only one. Massachusetts I believe is the only state in the COUNTRY with a declining population the past few years. I don't think ANYONE wonders why.

Soon as I finish college I'm outta here as well.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    I guess I am lucky to live in TN, all I took was a four hour class and I have my CCW. In MN it is a weekend class. The part that sucks is that I have to do the MN class all over again. If ou are military in TN all you have to do is produce a memorandum that you qualified with a pistol and you don't need to do the shooting part of the class. (the military standards are MUCH lower than wha the state requires by the way) Scary huh?
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2007
    If you live in Ct and drive through Ma your are supposed to call them to let them know if you are going hunting in Vt. If you get pulled over in Ma without a permit to transport firearms you get screwed big time, as in felony. I don't remember how it is worded, but it doesn't sound nice on your record. In Ct we call them Massholes.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben