Home Defense

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2007
    My wife is there - scares the hell out of me.... :D:D

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited January 2007
    My wife!

Sincerly,
    Wipped
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    ct602 wrote:
    Funny, my first post on this forum is firearm related not A/V related.

ct602

So are you done now? :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2007
    Just in case there are 3 or 4 lined up in a row one bullet will do. If you run out of ammo you can beat them with it! Double action revolvers are safer than autos. In the heat of the moment you don't want your hands sliding on the slide. Its way safer to unload a revolver than an auto when hyped up. The best advice I can give is stay where you are if you can. Let them come to you. If you are being superman walking around with your gun then you are vulnerable. If situation allows stay in an oposing location from a point of entry, and dial 911.
    44.JPG 14.5K
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    Double action revolvers are safer than autos.

This can be a discussion as interesting as the "wires/cables change sound"....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    Revolvers vs semi-auto's, now that's something worthwhile to debate :cool:

Once you disable them with a Surefire tactical light, either one will work to beat the living piss out of them :D
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    If I told ya , I`d have to kill ya...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    I took the NRA safety class today in MA. This week I will be applying for my LTC.

Shot a variety of .22 S&W revolver and semi-autos, was a blast......look foward to getting my license and going shooting on a weekly basis.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2007
    It used to be my Ruger p-94 .40, but I'm switching to my Kimber Custom Classic with factory night sights.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2007
    Beretta 92FS 9mm with Cherrywood grips. It is always loaded with 15 Corbon hollow points in the clip and 1 in the chamber. Carry holsters are IWB Milt Sparks for casual wear (well trained and well practiced) and Smartcarry for shorts. Licensed to carry concealed in 30 states (got to love the Florida CCL).
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    Main line of defense is excessive cursing and swearing. Quite effective at any range.

If that doesn't work, 911.

If that doesn't work, a Johnny Bench 35 inch bat (70's version).

If that doesn't work, Mossberg 500 pump. Rabbit load for the first group of shells, Winchester solid sabot slugs for the last 2. If it gets to that point, I'm not worrying about the neighbors.
    Sal Palooza
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I took the NRA safety class today in MA. This week I will be applying for my LTC.

Shot a variety of .22 S&W revolver and semi-autos, was a blast......look foward to getting my license and going shooting on a weekly basis.

Hope you know someone in the police department. They don't give out LTCs very easily, especially to someone as young as you (no offense).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    My "new" primary is my Remington 870 12 gauge, Glock 19 is my secondary.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    You guys must live in some rough neighborhoods to justify some of that firepower.Me...just 2 dogs that tell me when someone or something is by the house long before any handgun can.And that system works good when I am not home.....your handguns can't do that.:p :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Since I'm 19 I obviously don't own any handguns...

But Dad carries a Glock in his work truck (don't ask me what kind....45 is all I remember), a Colt Mustang in his Suburban, and frequently carries a Smith & Wesson Airweight in his back pocket. That or a small little Berretta...the one where the end of the barrel pops up. Don't know what that one's called, either.

As for home defense...I don't know. All the rifles and shotgun are locked up in the safe...in the garage. Those aren't doing any good for home defense. I guess the S&W Airweight, Berretta, or Mom's small snub-nosed Colt revolver would have to do the trick.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Gotta love it when people talk about the precise location and the complete contents of their arsenal on the internet. :p
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Hope you know someone in the police department. They don't give out LTCs very easily, especially to someone as young as you (no offense).

Yep, I know plenty. Should have no problem. ;) But you're right though, I am VERY young for an class A LTC and even the people I know might not be able to help me.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Mass has age discrimination on CCW for adults? :confused::confused:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Mass has age discrimination on CCW for adults? :confused::confused:

Pretty much. The first thing the NRA instructor said to us, "Be advised, despite it being your right to own a firearm, Massachusetts does not want you to have one."

State is about as liberal as they come....from what I hear MA and CA are the two hardest states to get firearms licenses in.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Well, an FID is technically a "shall issue." So you can get a license to own a small capacity rifle as long as you aren't a criminal and are over 18. Beyond that, licenses for high capacity rifles and any handguns are at the discretion of the chief of police. He doesn't even need to give a reason for denying you.

The whole classification system is so stupid anyways. Plus, a Class A, which is "high capacity handguns", has different classifications, including things like "hunting", "competition", and the coveted "all lawful purposes" tha tis essentially the LTC. Usually even if they approve you to have a class A, you're limited in what you're allowed to use it for.
  • audiobliss
    edited January 2007
    Just what does LTC stand for? I've only ever heard of a CCW.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    LTC = License to Carry.

I'm pretty sure it's the same as CCW in spirit.... but Massachusetts doesn't do anything the same as everyone else! Remember, we're a COMMONWEALTH, not a state! :rolleyes:
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    ct602 wrote:
    Funny, my first post on this forum is firearm related not A/V related.
    ct602

And yet you found an 18 month old thread, thanks...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • audiobliss
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    LTC = License to Carry.

I'm pretty sure it's the same as CCW in spirit.... but Massachusetts doesn't do anything the same as everyone else! Remember, we're a COMMONWEALTH, not a state! :rolleyes:
    I gotcha, thanks.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Well, an FID is technically a "shall issue." So you can get a license to own a small capacity rifle as long as you aren't a criminal and are over 18. Beyond that, licenses for high capacity rifles and any handguns are at the discretion of the chief of police. He doesn't even need to give a reason for denying you.

The whole classification system is so stupid anyways. Plus, a Class A, which is "high capacity handguns", has different classifications, including things like "hunting", "competition", and the coveted "all lawful purposes" tha tis essentially the LTC. Usually even if they approve you to have a class A, you're limited in what you're allowed to use it for.

So wait, you need a license to own a handgun in Massivejewshits? Wow, am I reading that right? I thought it was bad here where we couldn't even get CCW, despite it being directly in conflict with our state Constitution.

There's no such thing as a high-cap rifle or handgun. It's all about the magazine or clip, depending on the weapon. Hi-Cap mags are banned in many states, but I didn't know they were classifying certain guns as hi-cap on their own..... :confused:

My new Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP 5" Tactical Bi-Tone factory mags hold 13+1 in the chamber. They also sell Lo-Cap mags, though.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    So wait, you need a license to own a handgun in Massivejewshits? Wow, am I reading that right? I thought it was bad here where we couldn't even get CCW, despite it being directly in conflict with our state Constitution.

There's no such thing as a high-cap rifle or handgun. It's all about the magazine or clip, depending on the weapon. Hi-Cap mags are banned in many states, but I didn't know they were classifying certain guns as hi-cap on their own..... :confused:

My new Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP 5" Tactical Bi-Tone factory mags hold 13+1 in the chamber. They also sell Lo-Cap mags, though.

Handguns in MA are only allowed max 10 rounds(9 in the clip, 1 in the chamber)

Basically you need a license to walk down the street in MA. Well not really, but you get the idea.

go to www.mass.gov and read the firearm license stuff. I think you will be QUITE suprised.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    The SA XD platform is very nice! Now which gun safe in what location do you keep that :D
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:

You need a license to own ANY FIREARM, not just a handgun. "Anyone" can get a license to own a rifle or shotgun, but to own anything else you need to go through the chief of Police for your town, and to be allowed CARRY is far less likely.

I'm pretty sure there's minimum JAIL sentences of like 2 years for anyoen who even owns any kind of firearm without a license.

Or, you could drive one hour north, to the land of "Live Free or Die," where you can own any firearm your little heart desires, and it's simple paperwork to be allowed to CCW... yet there's so much less crime up in NH. But... that doesn't make any sense! They are allowed to have GUNS! Guns CAUSE crime!!

MA politicians are still scratching their boozed-up heads on that one, I'm sure.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    This isn't meant as a put down on your state, because ours is **** too, in that regard, but why on earth do you live there? If it didn't mean upheaving a crapload of jobs and trying to move an entire business I wouldn't be here.

It's really scary when the government is telling you that you can't own a weapon to protect yourself. How does MA get around the right to keep and bear arms? It's like they're making you criminals before you commit a crime.

Frustrating...