MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Options

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    Options
    so far it seems everybody has made it home safely...

this is a good thing

oh, and by the way ....I hit 1000 post while at Polkfest..!!
    Not that the # of post matters...I just thought it was kinda cool..!! :cool:
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ive always said I like the post counter because it makes me feel like Im actually accomplishing something with my life!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    If I don`t start contributing something useful , will it start going backwards..?
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Yes...
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    cool, that meens when it get`s back to 1000, I`ll be back in MD..

Maybe I should check rates..!!!

Good ta meet you in person Jesse..

Most of the pic`s I took turned out too dark except three of them..
    One of those was a pic of you...go figure..!!
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited September 2005
    Options
    The pleasure was mine Robert. Next time I'm out to SF, we're hooking up.
    Most of the pic`s I took turned out too dark except three of them..
    One of those was a pic of you...go figure...

It's my halo :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    next time your out this way, you gotta let me know..
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    Options
    good to see everyone had fun this weekend. Hopefully i'll be there for 2006. Keep those pics coming! :cool:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    all my pic`s came out really dark..

I gotta figure out what`s going on with this POS

Dangerboy got a bunch of really cool pic`s though
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Saaaweet, BDT as always a pleasure and thanks for the ride.
    Jesse,what can i say? Thanks tons....'nuff said.
    Mark, amazing pulling it all together on time and still having some sanity left.
    you rock!
    Russ G., Russ A., RT1, Anthony again a pleasure and great to see you guys again.
    The weekend was also amazing the Polk Tour, meeting the folks at Polk corporate (Al , Paul, Ken= great guys). I won't go into detail here but let the pictures do the talking as they get posted. Matt P. was even gracious enough to stop by Mark's for a couple of hours Saturday heck how cool is that? Definitely a grand time.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm HOME !!

I'll post most later after a big huge nap or sometime tomorrow.

Had a great time with a LOT of great folks. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Glad you made it back alright, Al. Was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out. You're a hell of a good guy.
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    thanks Maz, it was great meeting you all too. I think i sent you an email. hope you get it. if not PM me your email addy. i forgot what it was. i had one to many to remember specifics like email addys. ha ha.

al
  • beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    glad to hear that you made it home safe..

It was good to meet you..

You got some outstanding photo`s...you documented the whole week-end so well that I`m sure you will be getting many requests (myself included) for copies... myself..!!
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    here's one of the audio dweebs :eek: :p

who can match the nickname and the persons first name correctly?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    WHEW............blew the doors off another one!

Mark, babe, what can we say? Gracious host and all the work and planning that went into it, awesome. You are hard-effing-core. Thanks.

Jesse, the neatest mover I've EVER seen. Just waiting till you find out that there are now bricks in those MF boxes. ;) Always a pleasure and an honor.

Dave, couldn't ask for a better travelling companion.

Matt, Al, Paul, Ken, Heddy, Stu (and a plethora of folks that also deserve thanks at HQ Polk).....wow. That's all I can say. The cool part for me was to see the genuine enthusiasm that everyone has for what they do and the hospitality that they showed all of us.

It was awesome to see old friends and make new ones, put faces to names etc and so forth. I also appreciate those that looked after me to make sure that I didn't get shanked. ;)

Some memories that I'll always remember:

Jokes about peeing on tomato plants aren't really funny to the tomato plant owner.

ALMOST got to see RuSsMaN get his **** kicked.

"I need a tug off that handle"

30 mins to plan how to terrorize Brett (Mark/Russ) while sleeping. 3 seconds to do it, then a post-mission debrief. "Was that cool?" "Yeah, I THINK that was cool"

AMulford.......glad I wasn't riding shotgun at the gas station. ;)

...and a host of others that I'm sure I'll remember as the haze on my noggin wears off.

My thanks to all for a great time and great memories.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Awesome time guys, I just wish I really didn't have to work on Sunday.

Just to let you know how in tune I was with y'all, I woke up Sunday with a sympathy hangover... You ****! ;)

ND13-You'll have to pry those tubes out of my cold dead hands man, that item quickly made it into the "never sell" group when combined with those ADS' which also entered that group

RuSsMaN- Glad you got home alright, should i just sign over my paychecks to you or what?

Everyone- A pleasure and dubious honor to meet you all!

Mark- Most Excellent!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:

It's my halo :D

Well, yes Jesse you do have one, but I noticed a slight crack in it and a bit of horn growing out :eek: You little devil.

It was great to get my ears on with you again Jesse.

Bear thanks for the ride in Caddy, sure beat the super Subaru Outback chick car Disney made me ride in!!!!!! :D But thanks for keeping it all in a pile for me Steve.

Noel was facing some Major WAF after scooping some great stuff, hope he's OK.

The tubes Russ scored me are great and what a friggen deal!!! Had to pull out the big ID to keep TSA's grubby paws off them, I dont think the kid had ever seen one.

Later.

RT1
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2005
    Options
    First chance I've had to post, computer at work is having email problems, and they took it away. So I am on a computer in the spare office at work so this will be quick. Thanks Polk Audio and our host Mark, it could not have been better.

Always good to see the old gang, and very cool to meet so new folks.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Well, what can I say. I've got to post a few times, while unpacking everything this morning(way early), but not had the chance to really give any input on what all occurred this weekend. It was sensory overload, of the best nature. Forget all the great gear we were exposed to at Polk HQ and at Mark's(the coolest) place, it was meeting all the great guys and gals of CP and PHQ.

This was the frist time in many years, that I did something for just me. I needed a weekend like this and I want to thank not just Polk and Mark, but everybody that attended and those that were there in spirit. I have to say that the weekend is catching up to me, though, I'm exhausted. I have to get to some paperwork, so I'll be back on in a little bit.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I really don't have anything new to add that hasn't been said already.

I'm off from work today.. good thing too.. i too was pretty exhausted from the trip last night.. and a little bit today as well.

First off to the entire Polk Audio family. When I say that.. i truely mean in the truest sense of the word, family. Everyone at Polk HQ opened their arms and welcomed us from the very beginning. It is a fantastic group of talented and honest to goodness down to earth bunch of folks. Matt, Stu, Paul, Hedy, Ken, Al and the entire gang there.

Besides all the hardware.. Polk Audio is also the people who do the research, build, test, demo, customer service, etc. they are the one that make Polk Audio raise miles above the others. Thank you very much for a great weekend experience. It was more than just a meet and tour.. it really was an experience.

Now on to the one person who really deserves to be thanked. Mark aka Doro, went above and beyond what any one person could accomplish in a year. Putting together and hosting Polkfest 2005, like someone said... buddy you really raised the bar to new levels. This was my first Polkfest and believe you me, it won't be my last.
    I know there were several others who worked with Mark to put this gathering together... i don't want to forget you either. You all know who you are.. thank you as well for your hard work with this.

That's about it... i'm still recovering if you will, not from the booze or anything.. but i've found a new sense of purpose and it has given me new life to continue to persue what we all enjoy, good audio. I plan to order those upgraded tweeters for my SRS's finally. :D before the end of the week.

al

P.S. I did take lots of pictures.. about 200 in all. I will forward those to Mark and Russman. They will be collecting them and will take on yet another project of sorting them all out and find a place to post them for all to enjoy. DB
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I am still in shock. What I experienced these last few days at Polkfest is so much more than I had expected. Thanks to Matt and all of Polk Audio for treating us like VIP's and giving us an "all access" tour of their HQ. The XM tuna freebie and customized Polkfest t-shirt are very generous. Thanks go to Matt, the people who thought of the freebies, and the warehouse people who delivered them for us. A special thanks to Mark for hosting a most memorable Polkfest.

Matt and his employee's are the best company of people I have encountered in my life. Talking about speakers both new and old was fun. Matt is great at describing what he has in mind for a new speaker and is equally as attentive at listening to comments. I am happy to say that his attitude matches what I have imagined it would be after almost 20 years thinking about him, his company, and that grin on his face in the ads. Here is one example of the Polk Audio attitude. When I handed Matt my RTA 12 crossover (built in 1980) to sign he said "I would be honored to sign this". Later, while I was chatting with Stu about the RTA 12, I asked him for his signature. Stu turned towards Matt (who was talking with a small group) and said "Hey Matt, toss me a silver pen so I can cross out your name and sign this". [laughter] Matt tossed Stu the pen and he signed it.

Jesse, thank you for helping me get the crossover to Polkfest via snailmail. There was no chance of getting this on the airplane. These RTA 12's are going to be with me for a long, long, long time. :)

Polk has some new auto speakers coming out soon which I believe are called "signature reference 6500's" (SR6500's). They impressed me so much that I will be buying a pair when they come out.

I enjoyed meeting CP members for the first time face to face. It was nice to chat with Philpfeif, a fellow SDA 2.3tl owner. He loves their terrific sound just as I do.
    The tubes Russ scored me are great and what a friggen deal!!! Had to pull out the big ID to keep TSA's grubby paws off them, I dont think the kid had ever seen one.

RT1

TSA at BWI pulled me aside also. The kid was excited as it was his first "event". The two mid-woofers Mark gave me looked pretty enough on their x-ray machine that they wanted to see them in person. TSA used a chemical sniffer wand with a sensor at the tip and waved it over the speakers. A few minutes later I was good to go. Thanks again Al (danger boy) for leaving the party to give me a ride to the airport. You are one of the great people within CP.
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Polk65 wrote:
    Polk has some new auto speakers coming out soon which I believe are called "signature reference 6500's" (SR6500's). They impressed me so much that I will be buying a pair when they come out.

Theyre already out my brother. Ive had my set for almost 2 months now. Tweeter I know carries them.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2005
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    Theyre already out my brother. Ive had my set for almost 2 months now. Tweeter I know carries them.

?? Maybe there was some confussion on our tour, I had the impression they working on them and they were not a current model.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    i think they are working on another similar model of the SR6500's that was a step down. that's how i understood it.. and that model isn't out yet.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited September 2005
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/speakers/components/sr6500/

Wow. In the conference room we were told they would be out early next year in time for some car show.

This is both good and bad. :p I only just started saving for them, so I will have to wait awhile. I'm headed over to the CA forum.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    DB, they're putting together a 5 1/4" set.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I came home yesterday afternoon & crashed! I read a little on the board but it's been a lot to go through since I was PC less all week long.

It was great finally meeting all you fellas, and I would like to thank you for being so kind & informative to my brother & his fiancee. They are now firm converts & believers in Polk. (Cheryl originally wanted a Bose system)

The kindness & generosity of the Polk Family in Baltimore simply blew us away! To have the majority of the management of the company come in and talk to us, and take us on tours is something we will never forget. Then the shocking gift of the tuners was just mind blowing! THANK YOU!!!!

This was the most interesting, fun, informative trip I have had in a long while. I could go on & on, but I'll just say once more: THANK YOU POLK AUDIO & THANK YOU CLUB POLK MEMBERS FOR A TERRIFIC TIME!

Cathy
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    DB, they're putting together a 5 1/4" set.

Bingo!

The 6.5" set has been out a while. They are working on a 5.25" set for eventual release.

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Options
    And the 5.25" set sounds pretty damn close to the 6500's!!!
    Ludicrous gibs!
This discussion has been closed.