where to buy black paint?

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Today started off like every other day. I went to the gym upon awakening. I'm an early bird and I'm always at the gym before the morning crowd.

I was finished showering and began to dress when I heard what I thought to be two men speaking in hushed tones
    in the other section of lockers adjacent to my own.

As I listened carefully to their conversation I began to realize that they were talking about the infamous "BLACK PAINT" we all are so feverishly searching for.

I was aware they believed no one else to be in the locker rooms. I shifted my weight to get into a more comfortable positioned for I had been frozen in an awkward stance since I found the true nature of their frantic whispering.

As I did so, my deodorant fell to the tile floor and created a loud echoing blast throught the men's bathrooms.

All sound instantly vanished. The earth stood still. One man cleared his throat and began to assemble a new topic about the Seahawks and the Superbowl.

I was so close.

Wow!! Is it weird that this guy called the superbowl??!!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    well... things are looking up.
  • hertz9753
    hertz9753 Posts: 310
    Those guys in the locker room were grey's Ancient aliens that used their power to get rid of black paint and help the Seahawks win the Superbowl.

I'm a Rams fan and I have been researching them for years...
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    So......where do you get this black paint????
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    I just use Plasti-Dip, it's much easier to find...
  • I buy all my paint at "Wicked Awesome Paint Store" in Hampton, NH.

It is truly wicked awesome -- black or any other color.

However, my favorite product from the store is "Mad Dog" primer, which is absolutely essential for those of us who live in clapboard house in the great northeast! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mhardy6647
    Go for the pastel black... it makes an artistic statement.
  • This is hands down one of the funniest threads!!!! The next one would be the subwoofer in a cardboard box!!! Maybe he can paint the cardboard box with black paint!!
    I laugh every time this comes up, guys!!!!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Beware the dreaded black "air" hole !!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    I can't believe this thread is still alive and -- well -- kicking!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited January 2015
    masterpp wrote: »
    Where can i buy black paint (store or online)? I don't know what word should I be looking for. It's for the wood.

Why would you want to paint your wood black? It won't make it look any bigger. :D

The guy made only 9 posts here in his short time, but he managed to leave behind a legend.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    It is amazing that this is probably in the top five of all threads here in terms of longevity and views. Pretty entertaining reading also....................
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Thought I'd bring this one back. Not because I have an affliction for Black paint, but because I have one better.....

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/san-francisco-combats-stench-urine-pee-repellant-paint-202003524.html

Now who can't use pee repellant paint ? Dog a little squirrely with his leg around your speakers ? Car gets wet when you park on the street ? How about your mailbox post every dog in the neighborhood seems to visit ? Maybe some drunk Polkies tending to relieve themselves off your deck ? The applications are too numerous to mention. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Ok, so now just pee on anything but the side of a building....lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2015
    Yeah I heard about the paint -- the physics of it perplexes me, though, I've gotta say. I'd have thought it would take something like a parabolic reflector to redirect the spray back to its source in a cohesive and impactful way (irrespective of the coating applied).

Speaking of physics.

Way back when (1970s) when I was at JHU, the UG physics labs were run by an amusing, avuncular guy called "Skipper". Skipper had long but thinning grey hair and was a bit of a raconteur. I remember him telling us a story one day while we were measuring "G" or something equally useful and exciting.

Skipper, apparently, once worked at some sort of facility in a skeezy part of Baltimore -- no, "skeezy part of Baltimore" is NOT REDUNDANT! ;-)

The place was having problems with winos urinating on the back wall of the building... so Skipper put a couple of large steel plates out there; one on the wall and one on the alley pavement. He connected both to the + and - sides of presumably something like a large Lambda HV DC power supply.

Before long, he recounted, you could hear the winos squealing in pain and surprise as their own electrolytes closed the circuit.

Do I believe this story? No, not really -- but... you never know.
    If nothing else, I've remembered it, vividly... since 1977.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    LOL....but in todays world, you'd get arrested for electrifying the urinating general public.

Though I am a bit baffled at the use for homeless people. I mean...the whole idea is to make the urine splash back....does anyone really think they care how they smell ? Plus it will still hit the ground along with the lasting smell.

I think it has better pet uses than people. Once your dog comes back home after a walk, smelling like pee, your gonna watch where he's relieving himself. I would think anyway. Might also be good for playground equipment, park benches, anywhere our fury friends like to use as a toilet.....which is pretty much anything.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    Wait -- it gets better. I heard this little tidbit on the BBC World News this morning.
    Fortunately, I wasn't eating breakfast at the time :-P

I guess I'd say NSFW, but that's not quite the right disclaimer. Let's just say it's a story along the same lines as the one discussed in the last few posts.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-31831559
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,225
    Try here..Use Horse Paint...http://www.apha.com/
  • Toolfan66 wrote: »
    l7m93nxned83.jpg

^^^
    ahhh, is the mystery of the elusive black paint been solved???????? Looks like the model has it... Funniest thread ever!!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • VSAT88
    chefkungfu wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    l7m93nxned83.jpg

^^^
    ahhh, is the mystery of the elusive black paint been solved???????? Looks like the model has it... Funniest thread ever!!

Ohhhhh LORDY !!

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Somebody's gonna be offended !!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited December 2015
    This thread has transcended itself. One for the history books. 10 years later and it's still being posted in.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    Is self-transcendence possible? I tried thinking about it, and things started to get all Einsteinian and stuff...
  • VSAT88
    decal wrote: »
    Somebody's gonna be offended !!!!!!!!

Someone always is :smile: Oh, My...
  • Im offended - missed an area on her thigh.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    I'm offended, but I still can't find any black paint.....
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    #BlackPaintMatters
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • VSAT88
    Why not make it? Burnt motor oil and white paint. Mix with Mama's blender. Oh no! Then Mama will be mad and offended, and still no Black paint! Hell, I would just use black gorilla tape instead.