where to buy black paint?

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2012
    Hey!!! Look who's lurking :razz: come say hi to everyone.......that woman looks like she's had an implant. Then again I could be wrong the eyes are not what they used to be:biggrin:
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited April 2012
    I have yet to find that black paint store.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited October 2012
    Can't believe it's been over a year since I last bumped this 3p1c thread
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2012
    Don't you dare resolve this thread!!! I can't necrobump if someone comes up with an answer! haha
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • hewlew1
    hewlew1 Posts: 154
    edited November 2012
    If you guys find out where to buy black paint let me know as I need some
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited November 2012
    I have yet to find that black paint store.
    Always the last place you look.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2012
    From what I understand black paint is a mixture of all other colors. That is why you can't find it anywhere, no one has all the colors.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • JimAckley
    edited January 2013
    I still have no idea where to find this mystical paint color!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• chris23120
    chris23120 Posts: 95
    edited April 2013
    JimAckley wrote: »
    I still have no idea where to find this mystical paint color!

I found something close at Lowes.
    photo (39).jpg
    Samsung UN55C6500 55" LED
    Onkyo TX-NR3007
    Polk Audio RT5000
    -RT3000 front
    -CS1000 center
    -FX1000 dipole
    Polk Audio PSW1000 5.1 sub
    Polk Audio microPRO 4000 x2 5.2 subs:biggrin:
  • chris23120
    chris23120 Posts: 95
    edited April 2013
    photo (40).jpg
    Samsung UN55C6500 55" LED
    Onkyo TX-NR3007
    Polk Audio RT5000
    -RT3000 front
    -CS1000 center
    -FX1000 dipole
    Polk Audio PSW1000 5.1 sub
    Polk Audio microPRO 4000 x2 5.2 subs:biggrin:
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited April 2013
    I heard from a reputable source that the elusive black paint can only be found at an Area 51 warehouse in the Nevada desert.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • hosedagain
    hosedagain Posts: 116
    edited April 2013
    decal wrote: »
    I heard from a reputable source that the elusive black paint can only be found at an Area 51 warehouse in the Nevada desert.

was there last October, managed to get inside, saw an alien in a glass case with tubes attached to the case, but saw no black paint on the shelves, lots of alien dust to give the black paint some glitter when added..
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    edited April 2013
    masterpp wrote: »
    Where can i buy black paint (store or online)? I don't know what word should I be looking for. It's for the wood.

In just a little over a month, this thread will be 8 years old.

... and Jstas still refuses to reveal the secret of the black paint.
    Sal Palooza
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2013
    Black paint is so 2005...

Pastels are what is hot for 2013!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • whgarrett1394
    whgarrett1394 Posts: 217
    edited May 2013
    Today started off like every other day. I went to the gym upon awakening. I'm an early bird and I'm always at the gym before the morning crowd.

I was finished showering and began to dress when I heard what I thought to be two men speaking in hushed tones
    in the other section of lockers adjacent to my own.

As I listened carefully to their conversation I began to realize that they were talking about the infamous "BLACK PAINT" we all are so feverishly searching for.

I was aware they believed no one else to be in the locker rooms. I shifted my weight to get into a more comfortable positioned for I had been frozen in an awkward stance since I found the true nature of their frantic whispering.

As I did so, my deodorant fell to the tile floor and created a loud echoing blast throught the men's bathrooms.

All sound instantly vanished. The earth stood still. One man cleared his throat and began to assemble a new topic about the Seahawks and the Superbowl.

I was so close.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited May 2013
    The Seahawks winning the Superbowl must be a clue, and it may just happen someday.

At least we wont have to wait for the Cubs to win a World Series.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2013
    My grandpa told me a story that when he was a boy, barely the age of 12, he was playing a prank on his friends in a cemetery at dusk and he swears he saw some black paint in the distance. Turns out, it was a mirage but when he told me this story, every hair on his arms stood straight out. Never seen him so antsy. He's now 94...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2013
    I heard rumors going back to the time of the finding of the Titanic, that the real reason for the ship's sinking was not an iceberg, but rather that the entire world's supply of black paint and the pigment used to make it, was on board that ship. it was blown up by a mine or torpedo designed by MI5 to look like a berg...

It was sunk on purpose by the Bilderbergs, and the Haptsburghs, in a bid for world domination. They have largely succeeded, as while entire continents were searching for black paint, they took over the media, governments and the banking system.

They never expected that the titanic would be found however, and they have been going crazy to cover up their involvement ever since. Is it a coincidence that the world has basically gone to hell since the 1985 discovery of the Titanic on the ocean floor??? I think not.:eek::cheesygrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited May 2013
    I was so close.

Your black paint is hiding wherever Chris Hanson's 30 million dollars is...
  • hertz9753
    hertz9753 Posts: 310
    edited June 2013
    Ricardo wrote: »
    have you tried "black paint for wood"???

Does black paint really help for "wood"? Do you spray it on or use a brush? Will it make my "wood" bigger? :razz:
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • timk65
    timk65 Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure why this hasn't occured to you, but since you can't find the black paint store or any black paint anywhere, why not get some black roofing shingles and use those instead? Seems obvious.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited June 2013
    I found a stash of black paint but the big eared **** wants 5 bars of Latinum for a gallon.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • hertz9753
    edited June 2013
    decal wrote: »
    I found a stash of black paint but the big eared **** wants 5 bars of Latinum for a gallon.

Elwood P. Dowd and Harvey also have some black paint. They only accept Bitcoin's though. :mad:
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    edited June 2013
    Black paint, much like soylent green, is people. We're doomed.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • JimAckley
    edited July 2013
    Couldn't find any black paint for my grand piano so I used bedliner instead. For some reason it just doesn't sound quite the same...
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited June 2014
    11 month bump
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• hertz9753
    edited June 2014
    I thought you found some black paint...I guess I will stick with tar.
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2014
    I had bought some ugly black home made speaker stands that are almost perfect for he M10's but the paints old and scuffed up, I thought about repainting them but I can not find any paint that matches :(

think I'll have to strip off the old paint and paint them something else.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    Ummm... ok that was easy.