Bluesound Node 2i
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Just because I’m up bump...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Now... I don't want to start a stampede or anything... but I happen to have some black paint.
    In.
    My.
    Basement.

Flat black.
    Satin black.
    Gloss black.
    Water based.
    Oil based.

Yes, it's true.
    It's true.

:|
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Pics or it didn't happen!

And also... if it did happen, uh, what's your address? :p
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Now... I don't want to start a stampede or anything... but I happen to have some black paint.
    In.
    My.
    Basement.

Flat black.
    Satin black.
    Gloss black.
    Water based.
    Oil based.

Yes, it's true.
    It's true.

Any eggshell Doc?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    mlistens03 wrote: »

I knew this question would come :|
    Fortunately, my wife is still out of town birding this week -- otherwise, I would have had the following, awkward conversation (artist's conception follows):
    Mrs. H: "Dear*... why are you going down into the basement with a camera?
    mrh: To take a picture of some black paint.
    Mrs. H: heavy sigh

2wf7iihnvrui.jpg

GPS turned off on the camera -- you'll never find me, bwahahahahahahaha!
    UPS and FedEx can't... :#

In.
    My.
    Basement.

Flat black.
    Satin black.
    Gloss black.
    Water based.
    Oil based.

Yes, it's true.
    It's true.

Any eggshell Doc?

No eggshell black.
    No pastel black.
    Dang.

I did have some matte black, as it turned out. Very limited quantity.

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    mlistens03 wrote: »

I knew this question would come :|
    Fortunately, my wife is still out of town birding this week -- otherwise, I would have had the following, awkward conversation (artist's conception follows):
    Mrs. H: "Dear*... why are you going down into the basement with a camera?
    mrh: To take a picture of some black paint.
    Mrs. H: heavy sigh

2wf7iihnvrui.jpg

GPS turned off on the camera -- you'll never find me, bwahahahahahahaha!
    UPS and FedEx can't... :#

In.
    My.
    Basement.

Flat black.
    Satin black.
    Gloss black.
    Water based.
    Oil based.

Yes, it's true.
    It's true.

Any eggshell Doc?

No eggshell black.
    No pastel black.
    Dang.

I did have some matte black, as it turned out. Very limited quantity.

In with 95 on the Testors
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2019
    This being the holiday season and all... I would be remiss if I didn't share this post I read on ASR that cops to a possible source for some of the elusive black paint.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/quiz-what-is-this-product.10278/#post-281985

Of course, no link is provided attesting to the actual source of the alleged pigment.

B)

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Must be relative to that blue cr@p that company sprays on your gear????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    edited June 2020
    Jstas wrote: »
    I was in a hobby store one time and a guy walked in and asked for camouflaged paint. the store clerk looked at him, said ok and turned around to the rack and gave him the 3 basic colors plus "Jungle Green" and said "That should do for most camo patterns." The guy looked him dead in the face with a totally straight face and said "Oh. Don't you have any already mixed?" I looked at the clerk, looked at the cashier, looked at the clerk again and asked the cashier for my change and said "You guys have fun with that!" t!

Masterpp, I'm afraid that I'm still unable to help you in your quest for black paint.

But on a positive side note I might be able to help John in his search for camouflaged paint.

https://9gag.com/gag/aj98j41

Sal Palooza
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    VHT Wrinkle Black about to be put to use lol.
    Is this really the longest thread here?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    It's been going a long time :)
  • mhardy6647
    It would be pretty funny if this were the ur-thread.
    The Alpha and Omega of CP threads.

It would explain why the black paint would be getting wrinkled, I suppose...

B)
  • xschop
    Few months ago I saw one of my custom bikes I built many moons ago.... Still flat-black and billet everywhere lol.
  • xschop
    edited October 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    It's been going a long time :)

VSAT88 sent me over here. I'll check back next year and get my post count up.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,566
    ... doesn't know where to buy black paint... uh huh...

if only your father knew where to buy condoms... none of this would have happened.

Probably my fav quote of this thread. lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mhardy6647
    ... and, mind you, this thread is a CP greatest hit.

• In a couple of months this thread will turn "Sweet Sixteen".

The amount of knowledge that has been shared in this thread.......this is what it must have been like to visit the Library of Alexandria.
    Sal Palooza
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    In a couple of months this thread will turn "Sweet Sixteen".

The amount of knowledge that has been shared in this thread.......this is what it must have been like to visit the Library of Alexandria.

We should, perhaps, create a "Knowledge Mass Index" -- that is, some ratio of a measure of actual knowledge in the content divided by a measure of the longevity combined with the number of posts in the thread.

I wonder how it would fare by that standard vs., for example, any number of threads @DarqueKnight has initiated. Hmmmmm!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Nathan Explosion approves.

p8lthsfk5rqy.gif
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    Mother of God! Clearly this forum has died to see this post back on the recents.
    Too much **** to list....
  • pitdogg2
    Well see you stopped coming by so why should we???
    What's it been for you how many yrs?
  • SDA1C
    Its not just me. whats the max onboard at once these days... 75? 100 tops. its been at least 6 or 8 months since posting. I peruse the for sale on a fairly regular basis. and If I recall, the time I was on here I invited you over? no?
  • SDA1C
    Wheres the "Airhole" thread? That was all time classic! lol