Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,449
    93f5vs6hkzx5.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    For Sale: Bicycle Seats

New - $5.00

Used - $10.00
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    Who said used items don't go up in value?
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,256
    OleBoot wrote: »
    ye387eyguv7v.png

I have had cats my entire life, and I have never had a single cat that push things off of table, counter, etc.

I know they do it because I have seen many videos of the action.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    edited October 22
    That they do.

They do this, too:
    r5i1vqpgqi8x.png
    (based on the kitties that have passed through our lives over the years - we are currently petless, though)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    LOVE IT !! ^^^
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    RIP…Rock On in the after life

xmlkhx9zh5yp.jpeg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    edited October 23
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,978
    edited October 23
    Hey Mark - beautiful photos here! got any details on this comet? I was out riding in the country last night and one of the skymap charting apps said there was supposed to be a comet visible, but I couldn't see it. It would have been in the western sky here. Maybe I needed some slow shutter, time lapse or a telescope. I did just barely make out the Milky Way, though. Looking forward to Winter Skies...
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    35 mm lens (on DX sensor format)
    4rvlurla8cy3.png

took a little liberty with this in post processing to bring out some shadow detail and add a little dramatic effect. the second photo is more what it was it like out there just after sunset. This is in NC near the Currituck Sound.
    @Geoff4rfc - took the Buell out for a spin... it's nice out there on the quiet country roads in the eves...
    bmnopqrsnf0n.jpeg
    i2oc8gjzwa75.png

I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,356
    msg wrote: »
    Hey Mark - beautiful photos here! got any details on this comet? I was out riding in the country last night and one of the skymap charting apps said there was supposed to be a comet visible, but I couldn't see it. It would have been in the western sky here. Maybe I needed some slow shutter, time lapse or a telescope. I did just barely make out the Milky Way, though. Looking forward to Winter Skies...

Who's this @msg fellow?? Is he new??
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,143
    edited October 23
    He’ll be asking us if Spearker Cables matter next and calling his AVR an “amplifier”, or trying to sell junk on the Flea Market without 100 posts. 🤪
    Alea jacta est!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,591
    @msg Hey Scott. Beautiful pictures & colors. It seems to have been a spectacular summer/fall for pictures this year. Hope all is well. Take care of yourself
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,967
    Somebody needs to take that Buell out for a spin near Charlotte, NC for some audio fun....

*hint, hint....just sayin'...*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Geoff4rfc
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Somebody needs to take that Buell out for a spin near Charlotte, NC for some audio fun....

*hint, hint....just sayin'...*

Tom

pick me pick me pick me.....my name just happens to be.....somebody.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • treitz3
    You are welcome anytime, Geoff. Just hit me up anytime and we'll make plans to make it happen.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,138
    bypqgqagts53.jpg
    frgmyi1of1nq.jpg
    84v25bdx7nj7.jpg
    yodam8wbntr2.jpg

A few images off FB of ranch lands in the panhandle of western Nebraska. The Sandhills extend in this region also. Very scenic in many areas. Quite lonely also.
  • treitz3
    At least it's not as boring as some parts of Kansas. Jeez, you drive and drive and drive and drive some more and all you see is grass on both sides of a two lane highway, 5 or 6 feet up from the plains.

The local entertainment is a series of telephone poles that parallel the highway about a half a mile away the entire stretch. No humans. No buildings. No features. No hills. No nothing but grass.....oh! and the telephone poles!

And then you keep driving...and driving.....and driving.........and driving. Same damned thing for lawd knows how many hundreds of miles. It's so vast that one can literally see the curvature of the Earth.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Well, TBT, things may have changed. (I seriously doubt it out there....their ain't jack chit!).

This was back in the late 80's, when I hitchhiked across America.

Tom
  • Geoff4rfc
    You are welcome anytime, Geoff. Just hit me up anytime and we'll make plans to make it happen.

Tom

Tom, you are too kind! You'd be the first person I'd hit up if I were anywhere near Charlotte however I was asking to be picked to ride Scott's bike. And by golly, if @msg were to let me throw a leg over that Buell, NC is the first place I'm headed B)

• msg
    edited 9:27AM
    The Buell would need fresh brakes and tires before you got a hold of it. Even if it were just a trip to the grocery store.

"Max throttle always, max brakes at the last possible second, peg scraping steep lean. That's all you need to know about riding." @Geoff4rfc, circa sometime
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    This was back in the late 80's, when I hitchhiked across America.

Tom

That sounds like quite an adventure, Tom.
    How many people did you murder, anyway? Don't answer that.

But seriously, adventurous.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    msg wrote: »
    The Buell would need fresh brakes and tires before you got a hold of it. Even if it were just a trip to the grocery store.

"Max throttle always, max brakes at the last possible second, peg scraping steep lean. That's all you need to know about riding." @Geoff4rfc, circa sometime

Brakes are highly overrated my friend.....tires??? Thats another story......

3hzxsl7g8o4t.jpg

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,449
    Well, TBT, things may have changed…

Nope.

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn