Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    Nah, it's not your brain as the background color of the can area is pink.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,865
    9nzurirekkpc.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    Finally, some clearing...
    54070651425_7efd5cc454_b.jpg

54070507629_cd6fd3cc3e_b.jpg
    54070185771_8c26751e34_b.jpg
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,256
    edited October 16
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    edited October 16
    Can't make this stuff up!

Cat (name is Blanco) returns to North Carolina family 8 days after floating away in Helene flooding: 'Used all his 9 lives'

sm5bz5fzrb2c.png
    (Picture only)

AWESOME!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    8mu7031ajdcw.png
    (picture only and dog returned to owner)

Another AWESOME!

Harry / Marietta GA
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    F1nut wrote: »

If you zoom and sample the color around the can, it is the same white level as the white around the border. It's not pink at all. That's your brain creating that reddish color from the black/white and green contrast. Our brains can be easily fooled.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mhardy6647
    Thi's ones ju'st for @Viking64 -- well, and all other's who are sensitive to typoes.
    y0dtgx1rxcct.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 16
    y1a0d9zw4mh9.jpeg
    (ASR)
    But, but... where is the trombone???
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,819
    Harpsicord for me...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • F1nut
    billbillw wrote: »

If you zoom and sample the color around the can, it is the same white level as the white around the border. It's not pink at all. That's your brain creating that reddish color from the black/white and green contrast. Our brains can be easily fooled.

Nope!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    Strangely I don't see a swinette or a musician to play one in that group.
  • mhardy6647

Sent me runnin' to look that up! eww.

meanwhile...
    gsaitif7fppw.jpg
    (ASR)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,121
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Sent me runnin' to look that up! eww.

OMG; It's been at least 55 years since I first heard about that and I always considered it some made up nonsense. I just looked it up to and I'll be darned.
    Thankfully there's no videos of someone playing a tune.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667

Nope!

Do more zoomy, you'll see it. 🤔👍

.....this material will be on the final. 😳

Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    Speaking of math, it looks like Harbor Freight now requires you to do a little fraction reduction on some tool purchases

xc8aqsrcnax6.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,569
    xc8aqsrcnax6.jpg

That's a misprint. Its supposed to read 8/18
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    Our brains can be easily fooled.

True statement, with the proof being seen every 4 years in November...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut

Nope!

The pink is very light, so when you zoom in it appears white, but it is not as white as the border.

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    but it is not as white as the border

Well......uhm....nevermind
    🤔🫢
    Sal Palooza
  • billbillw

Nope!

The pink is very light, so when you zoom in it appears white, but it is not as white as the border.
    Try using photoshop or another editing software to sample the point and read the chroma/luminance values. They are the same.
  • bcwsrt
    This is as close as I can zoom in and it still looks pink to me. Maybe y’alls brains have been fooled into thinking it’s white?! 😂

p8tlb370s6bg.png
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • F1nut
    ^Bingo^

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    This is becoming like using measurements to see if you hear a difference.

Brian

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    This is as close as I can zoom in and it still looks pink to me. Maybe y’alls brains have been fooled into thinking it’s white?! 😂

p8tlb370s6bg.png

What cables are you using?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,139
    Looks white to me too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • billbillw
    edited October 16
    Your eye has rods and cones that interpret light input based on our evolutionary needs. If you alternate white next to cyan or grey next to blue on a pattern, the brain interprets it as red. The image in this thread is not the original optical illusion created by Akiyoshi Kitaoka, but it uses the same technique.
    Here is a link to the full size image that was used for the meme in this thread. You will notice, the more you zoom out, the more red it looks. When you zoom full size, there is no red which is what the statement was.
    https://ibb.co/jLFzBjQ
    Gray or white on a computer monitor often has a pinkish tint depending how accurate the monitor you are using, which color temp you are calibrated to, etc., but that is not what creates this illusion. That's just a limitation of using RGB emitters to make color.
    Here is a 400% zoom screen shot of the original image.
    0oizfdtxudbq.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    It's white. 👍
    Sal Palooza
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,601
    White!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.