The Official Club Polk - Snake River Power Cord Demo

Options
Okay folks. The green light has been lit and we are off!

There are two PC's that will be offered from Snake River Audio https://snakeriveraudio.com/?gad_source=1

One "AMP Series" cord will be 3 meters long . The other one will be a 2 meter component PC. Both of them will be the Hybrid Signature Series, that utilizes all three metals (Red Copper, Silver and Gold).

Here is what I need from all of you that are interested in the demo program;

Full legal name
Moniker
Valid and current email address
Phone number
Emergency contact (preferably someone that lives at your home)
Shipping address
Please include which PC you voted for/requested for demo in your PM

Please PM me with all of this information (None of it will be released to the public).

The demo time each person will have will be for a period of two weeks. At the end of your demo period, you must ship the cables (pack them carefully and well protected, so they are not damaged in any way) INSURED to the next person on the list. The list will be created when I get everyone's information in.

You will be required to offer your review of said cable on this dedicated thread that was created for nothing but reviews and discussion(s) about said cables. To make this easier for you, you may want to jot down notes of initial impressions and what they are being compared too, what locations and equipment they were plugged into/evaluated on and how they sounded on certain tracks, albums or even a general observation.

Only members in good standing will be accepted into the demo program and a minimum of posts/trustworthiness/reputation will all play into whether or not you qualify to be admitted into the demo program. That determination will come from the "old guard" of the forum, as well as myself.

If anyone simply cannot live without the cable(s) after listening to them, they will have the opportunity to keep them (provided they are promptly paid for). If that does happen, a delay of two weeks will happen, as a new custom cable will have to be made, burnt in and shipped out to the next person on the list.

I am probably missing something, as a demo program hasn't been done in a while, so I reserve the right to change the rules/qualifications at any time moving forward.

A novel is not necessary but your observations (good or bad) do need to be posted. Please get this information to me ASAP, if you haven't already done it, so we can figure out some logistics and get this launched. Thanks all.

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,888
    Options
    How much should each power cable be insured?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Tom,

Thanks for your efforts on this. Your Snake River review was extremely favorable, so it's great to have an opportunity like this to try them out. I'm anxious to see how many two week delays occur along the way. ;)

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,533
    Options
    I’m in
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,108
    Options
    In, I'll get the specifics to you tonight.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,621
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

Hello and good evening to you, Marvin. That was a good question and one I was not ready to answer immediately. Life keeps getting in the way of responding how I would like. (New client we have that I would like to take a long walk with down by the river....if you know what I mean....)

So, the "Amp Series" cable will need to be insured at $1.5K and the component PC should be insured at 1.2K.

We do need the rest of the folks who signed up to give me their information asap please. Thanks fellas.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    No USPS, fellas! 🤨😝

j/k
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    Options
    My tri-vista power end us 20 amp. If I joined, both would be put on sources like innuos streamer and Boarder Patrol dac. Do you think it's worth a go in my situation?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • marvda1
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    My tri-vista power end us 20 amp. If I joined, both would be put on sources like innuos streamer and Boarder Patrol dac. Do you think it's worth a go in my situation?

Maybe you can get an adapter that would get you part of the way there.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    No USPS, fellas! 🤨😝

j/k

Amen ! :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,020
    Options
    Hey Tom, thanks for putting this together! This is a gonna be a treat for a lot of folks. Unfortunately, upon further reflection, I can't test these cables in my main system without potentially damaging them since everything is stuffed in a built-in cabinet. I don't want to risk that with cables that cost more than I paid for the amp they would be hooked up to 😂.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »

Hello and good evening to you, Marvin. That was a good question and one I was not ready to answer immediately. Life keeps getting in the way of responding how I would like. (New client we have that I would like to take a long walk with down by the river....if you know what I mean....)

So, the "Amp Series" cable will need to be insured at $1.5K and the component PC should be insured at 1.2K.

We do need the rest of the folks who signed up to give me their information asap please. Thanks fellas.

Tom

Can we update the thread with the handles of those folks you are still waiting on in order to "encourage" their participation?

Brian

• treitz3
    Options
    Yes. It will not be until tonight, as I am dealing with a nightmare client I'd like to...

Nevermind. Gotta deal with this jack*** first.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    The following members have done their homework and deserve a pat on the back for a job well done...

@kevhed72
    @marvda1
    @HzTweaker
    @Joey_V
    @bcwsrt

The following members need to get their information into me asap, or be put on Santa's naughty list...

For the component PC -
    @JCL
    @heiney9
    @pearsall001
    @nooshinjohn
    @erniejade
    @ChrisD06

For the AMP Series PC -
    @vmaxer
    @mhardy6647
    @rooftop59
    @pitdogg2
    @newbie308
    @dromunds
    @jdjohn

BTW, there is a sale at Snake River Audio going on starting tomorrow at 5:00. (See below)

vm8jj75aq73w.png

If anyone is interested in jumping the gun, just go to Snakeriveraudio.com or simply give him a call. Also, please note that Jonny has updated his website. If you just want to go ahead and order a PC, it is much easier to click onto the new "help" link for more information or to clear up any confusion about connector types. (circled below)

jkbgcbtqx1mh.png

Back to the demo program for a second.....those who have not provided us with their information, please do so ASAP. Thanks.

Tom

• treitz3
    Options
    Bump.

We have had a few more folks give their information but we need everyone to. If you are no longer interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll remove you from the demo program.

If you are still interested? Get 'er done man.

Thanks guys.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Gentlemen, good morning to you.

If you have not provided me with your information, please do so now. We would like to get this launched ASAP but we would like to figure out some logistics, so that shipping costs are at a minimum.

I shouldn't have to chase this information down from you. I'll give it two more days and if I haven't received your information, you will be taken off of the demo program. Opportunities like this do not come up very often here (or anywhere else for that matter), so let's get the ball rolling and don't lose out on this opportunity.

Thank you.

Tom
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,989
    Options
    Tom
    Can you slot me near the end of the list if possible? Thanks
  • treitz3
    Options
    Yup. Not an issue.

Tom
  • marvda1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @treitz3, The power cable showed up today, good thing I was home as it required a signature.
    A little suggestion is that the tracking number be sent to the next person in line so they can track it to be at home to sign for it. Time to get a few brews and put my ears to work. :)
    Puritan PSM156
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,110
    edited December 2023
    Options
    if a siggy is required, might I suggest (if you're in a fairly well populated area) that you re-direct the package to the nearest FedEx/USPS/UPS etc . . . just a thought ... with minimal delays and BS
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    Options
    Idgit. (me)

I meant to do that and completely dropped the ball. DOH! Sorry my man. Enjoy!

Joey, you are also getting the other cable soon. I'll send you the tracking number.

You two live relatively close to one another. If time permits, maybe you can GTG and try two PC's in the same rig.....just a thought. No worries if you can't swing it or aren't interested in doing so.

Tom
  • marvda1
    Options
    Some pics.4x3ddf3u9bfp.jpg
    3pefmtxyhpd0.jpg
    hyrz9ya8mdeq.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    More pics.
    nh06wpvg1qi7.jpg
    q899gd9jafrl.jpg

That one bit :p
    suavx1es6u7n.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    Do I get to keep the goodies or pass them on so everyone gets to see what comes with a cable shipment ? :'(
    Puritan PSM156
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Nice. I was wondering if this had gotten off the ground yet. Enjoy!

Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    Brian

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,277
    Options
    Just like Pringle!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,110
    Options
    It's a funky treat, fo sho!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • heiney9
    Options
    I thought maybe a separate thread with a running list of participants. So we can somewhat expect when we will receive said goods. That way if someone is not available for their slot, maybe they can skip and be brought in at the end, etc. That's how Jesse did the L200 demo.

I am not ungrateful, I know putting this together and keeping it on track is a big undertaking. But, just having it show up randomly might not give everyone the best opportunity for a demo. I for one, will need to set time aside, so knowing approximately when it will arrive is a big plus.

Just a thought/suggestion, thanks a bunch Tom for arranging this and you do it however you feel is best.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Options
    Damn, I did not have my coffee this morning.....this is the official thread, sorry about that.

H9
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,881
    Options
    We know how it is once folks get to be your age......

😉