The Official Club Polk - Snake River Power Cord Demo

Options
12346»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,621
    Options
    Well, to sum things up? If ever one wants to debate whether or not a simple PC can change how a system sounds?

Just point them to this thread.

A decade ago? We had many a member go head to head with members here about just that. It all started with, "How can, after hundreds of miles of.....", then the debate grew with no evidence whatsoever from the folks that, "claimed" that there was a difference.

I had no idea how this would go. I just knew what I heard......and I liked it. A LOT.

Thanks to all those who participated and my condolences/sincere sympathies, once again, to those that had "life" get in the way for this demo program.

I am now up to.......well, I don't really know how many SRA cables I have in my system at the moment. All I know is that this was one of the best decisions I have made along my own personal audio journey.

Music has never really sounded more like music until now.

Jonny, thank you so very much for making this opportunity happen for so many folks on this forum (and others who have clicked onto said thread). Your time, effort and passion is evident and I think I speak for everyone involved when I say this.

"Much appreciated, sir."

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 710
    Options
    This demo program definitely opened my mind to the fact that everything matters when I want to wring out every last detail from my system. Tom, I appreciate all the work you did to put this together, and thank you, Snake River Audio for your generosity in making these cables available for us to demo in our systems! The experience was absolutely worth the cost of entry!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |