My down-sizing pics.. Anybody else have any you want to share?

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    wqaxhbsza4u5.png

1tomtcyn0e7w.png

dcsqfgcgohyk.png

t4p8dtn266tm.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony,
    Looks like more enjoyment now instead of work.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    It truly is starting to be a pleasure to go into that room again. :)

I sure like being able to get to anything I want too. That describes the front room. The back room... :#
    I truly enjoyed deciding on what to put there for future demoing of speakers. I was able to walk around EASILY again.

I wanted to add another system to the one short rack beside the front door after I found out the huge Onkyo receiver on top doesn't do sp.A & sp.B. :o It does have a ZONE 2. I have ZONE 2 routed to the front porch speakers.

Here's what I decided on. I went to put Y's on the CD's output and found out the Pioneer Elite DV-C36 has 2 sets of audio out hook-up outputs. I wanted remote capability too. I stayed out till 3am again. :D It's so cool that the CD player is used for both systems.

I did have1 CD player hooked up to 2 Luxman receivers out there about 20 years ago. There wasn't hardly a thing out there then. One big open room. :p

Time does fly by when you're having fun!

38piochnubkv.png

iwa029w9lr7d.png

bnhacrr5e3jy.png

hrvakw88ecms.png

Post edited by Tony M on
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Tony M wrote: »
    wqaxhbsza4u5.png

1tomtcyn0e7w.png

dcsqfgcgohyk.png

t4p8dtn266tm.png

OMG a clear path to the door..well done
  • Tony M
    Thanks.

There's always been a clear path from the front door to the door to the back room via a walk past the wall where the clear TT is. I've never had to step on anything to get to anything. I have NEVER had trash on the floor like you see on the hoarder shows. Just stacked speakers on dollies blocking access to speakers behind them.

BUT it was tight after I brought home the drill press and chess table last summer.

I'm enjoying the reclaimed open floor space to roam around in. Last night was awesome. I had to walk around a lot because I did a lot. I used the coffee table as a work station to put wires on the backs of those 2 prints. :)

Trips to the back room are definitely EASIER now. :)

ifbbcsrg9rmv.png

5bc6u7qzu9kq.png

I'm thinking about going ahead and covering 2/3 of my ceiling. I can easily maneuver the scaffolds around when the old stereo/TV stand is removed. The job won't be easy but it has to be done asap now. 20 years is just an embarrassment to haven't had done it before but...I was limited to doing what I could when I could.

Little by little. :p
  • Tony M
    grtjktk3cbx9.png

h9go9bxfz892.png

The Cerwin Vega 280-SE's were sold yesterday. :'( I'll miss those.
    They seriously sounded very nice. ;)

8 pr. of speakers have been sold.

Tons of books, gone.

Tons of magazines downsized. stereo and woodworking.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    all that's missing is a chess set on the coffee table.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Tony M
    edited March 2021
    I went to a guys house to buy some DVD/Blu-ray box sets years ago. He had a Transformers or Lord of the rings chess set, set up on a 4' tall case. It was very cool looking just as a decoration. B)

I will soon, after I clear out some more speakers from behind the couch, put this concrete top back onto the coffee table. I also have 2 - 16" or 18" square pieces to match it. The square pieces are half as thick as the top. I will need another man to help me put the top onto the coffee table. I might weigh it before it gets put on just to see how much it weighs. :p

5kc0madcop29.png

As far as setting a chess-set up, I have this beautiful game-table that I bought many years ago. I've never set it up. :s I'm getting kind-of close to being able to set it up and see if the 2 chairs I bought for it (also years ago) will be a good match for it.

I would definitely set a chess set up on it if the chairs are a match. I could set the table up now if I push the couch toward the TV...so maybe I'll do that one night soon. :p

The 2 chairs;
    wqtce10674o5.png

The game-table top;
    qsxy8qadwgju.png

The legs. They're on the left.;
    2l78yeo3iclx.png

On a side note;

I did some work for a wealthy man years ago, and he had a nice chess-set, set up in view from one of his front windows. It looked like a big and nice antique Staunton style set. I never asked him if he played chess or was it just there for decoration. I had the projects on my mind and when done, he was starting to move to Virginia I believe it was. :|

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    Does the rig sound better with a little more breathing room?
  • Tony M
    invalid wrote: »

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt BETTER. :p<3

Just like it used to. :)

I don't dread one bit going out there anymore.
  • Tony M
    Well, I got very curious about the table and chairs working together.

Having all this new room, I easily got the table put together and brought a chair back in to judge if I could view the chess board from an elevated level while sitting in the chair. I could. :) It was a perfect height to play a match by. I could rest my crossed arms on that space, which I'm pretty sure both players will do.

The chairs certainly don't match the table BUT they do match the chess board and inner trim.

I know I can saw off part of the chair legs OR elevate the table legs some to allow the chair arms to go under the table some.

But as it is now, the chairs wouldn't need to go in hardly at all to be at a better position to play by. I'm going to think about it AND get another person's opinion in the future which alteration, if any, should be done. I could even cut out some of the table's apron I believe. I don't think I'll do that though.

It's been YEARS but I got to see it put back together in the room I bought it for. I'm going to take it apart again and continue to clear more out. But I know I can set it back up in 10 minutes now. :)

voiiy3d1i2bm.png

mvxt2npk5xnj.png

wz1tdb4ylp3i.png

smky242vah47.png

ctdsmjyy9825.png

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Four cup holders on a chess table?!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    edited March 2021
    The chess board flips and then the insert matches the rest of the table-top for cards or other games.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Four cup holders on a chess table?!

not nearly enough if you ask me....
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    invalid wrote: »

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt BETTER. :p<3

Just like it used to. :)

I don't dread one bit going out there anymore.

I built an addition on my garage for my rig, my wife and daughters already want to store things in it. I told them they could only hide christmas and birthday presents in my room, that stuff will only be there a short amount of time.
  • Tony M
    My wife wants a pool table set up in the front room of the cottage.
    She's wanted it for years.

It isn't going to happen while I'm alive. Her and her daughter didn't want one thing to do with building it or helping me in any way.

You get back what you give...
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    ^^^^^^^^Agreed; I was much happier to see my pool table leave here than I was to see it arrive. Same goes for the pool; more aggravation than it was worth.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Tony, you need to put some stuff back in and tell them "not enough room".
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    No, you just need to tell them no and keep cleaning.
  • Tony M

I have passed on buying a set of DCM Timeframe 400 a week ago. I thought 200 was a good price. I might've offered less just to see if he/she would accept. I just had to resist buying something new. Especially since I have the TF350s that I enjoyed for a few weeks lately.

Looking at my things sold history book yesterday, I saw where I had a pr. of DCM 400s and sold them for 50.00. :o

I guess I only had them for a day or two because I sure don't remember them. :'(

I called and emailed a great guy ( he bought my Advent trio ) who loved the sound of my TF350s about the ad on Craig's list. He didn't answer or reply. I hope he got them.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

I have passed on buying a set of DCM Timeframe 400 a week ago. I thought 200 was a good price. I might've offered less just to see if he/she would accept. I just had to resist buying something new. Especially since I have the TF350s that I enjoyed for a few weeks lately.

Looking at my things sold history book yesterday, I saw where I had a pr. of DCM 400s and sold them for 50.00. :o

I guess I only had them for a day or two because I sure don't remember them. :'(

I called and emailed a great guy ( he bought my Advent trio ) who loved the sound of my TF350s about the ad on Craig's list. He didn't answer or reply. I hope he got them.

Nice show of restraint! Keep it up!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    Thanks.

I just sold a surround system/w/sub and a RBH subwoofer to a co-worker from my past. He filled me in on why he left that job after 19 dedicated years. :/

I also gave him 2 broken subwoofers I was about to donate or advertise for free. He said he knows of a tech in another city 50 miles above me that he passes 3 times a week. I think he's going to let that guy look at the 2 broken ones. :)

I put 1" riser pieces under each chess-table leg this afternoon and it allowed plenty of room to slide my chair as close as I wanted too. I was then, still at a great eye level to see the chess board and pieces from a great angle w/plenty of oversight. B)

So 1" risers are in the table's future. Another project on the list. :p
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Great progress Tony
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Thanks Trey.

I gained another 12"x30" more floor space. :p
  • Tony M
    edited March 2021

Nice show of restraint! Keep it up!
    [/quote]

Thanks

I was like a drunk looking at an expensive bottle of fine booze that was on sale.

It was my FIRST challenge.

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Looking good Tony! Do you have some "mood" lighting in there? I see the long florescent fixtures.

What happened to the Jerome Bettis figurine?
    Carl

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Did I read at one point you have a set of definitive bp30?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Which Craigslist do you post on by the way?

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Looking good Tony! Do you have some "mood" lighting in there? I see the long florescent fixtures.

What happened to the Jerome Bettis figurine?

Yes, I have mood lighting. I can turn the 6 fluorescent fixtures off and turn the 3 100watt bulbs on. The 3 bulbs are so high up on the very top of the room (16'+) and the brown insulation paper absorbs the light so much it seems like there is 3-40 watt bulbs lighting the room.

Then there's the 4' Black light above the door I can turn on. I've used the Black light years ago sometimes when I wanted to sleep while listening to relaxation music. I haven't done the black light sleeping sessions in many years. I had too much stuff on the couch most of the time the past many years to do that. :'(

Gerome is right behind the couch on top of the couch blankets. I bought a BIG storage tub full of big McFarlane (Past) NFL stars at a yard sale years ago. He dropped the price to 40.00 for all of them plus the tub. I couldn't resist. :)

• Tony M
    edited March 2021
    VR3 wrote: »
    Did I read at one point you have a set of definitive bp30?

Yes Trey.

They're below the TV and beside the TV/audio stand.

When-ever I go out there, 99.99% of the time, I open the door, turn the receiver on and hear the BP30's do their thing as the first action of the day or night. :DB)

I feel very blessed to own them. There's a story involving them.
    I got scammed by a guy on a MINT, in the boxes, pr. of BP10B's a couple of years before I lucked up on these. He only paid me 200.00 of the 400.00. He promised to bring the other 200.00 the next weekend. He never did. :/
    I had a hard time letting go of the thought of that A.H. scamming me AFTER all I did for him and his family over the years.

2 years or longer I thought about getting my other 200.00 from him, one way or another.

Shortly (6 months or a year) after I finally didn't dwell on the con-job JERK, ( then it was almost 3 years I guess since the con) I saw the ad on Craig's list for a very nice Def. Tech. and Yamaha receiver set-up. :p
    I was the first to call and headed on down to get them when they told me it was mine. That was another purchase from CL that when I arrived, they said they many more calls from people wanting to buy them too. I hope one of those guys was that JERK that con'd me big time. :D He sold that mint pr. of BP10B's for 600.00 on eBay very shortly (days) after getting them from me. >:)

They're very easy on my ears with a laid-back midrange. I seriously don't think I'll ever sell these.

In the set I bought with these, there was that 15" Power-field sub that I think you helped me get repaired for just the cost of shipping the amp to Def. Tech.. :)

I contacted that great and nice guy at Def. Tech. you mentioned and he stayed on top of the process. B) I received a different amp back but I think it works. So I don't mind one bit about that.
    As soon as I got it back and assembled back on the woofer cabinet, I only hooked up one output speaker to test it quick and when I turned it on...POOF...a big flame, like a little torch :o , shot out of one of the jacks. I've forgotten which one ( my old brain is telling me it was from one of the other channel's out-put terminal's banana hole.) but I did use it with a few speaker set-ups only using the one output to one speaker.
    I've always wanted to hook up a cheap set to "both" outputs but haven't done it yet. I've never seen a flame come out like that. :D

In that system package deal, there was a Def. Tech. LCR Center speaker. Then there was also a NICE Yamaha Receiver included. All 5 pieces for 300.00 or 350.00. I think they stayed at 350 because of the many calls after mine.

I JUST got a call and answered it. I didn't recognize the number but thought maybe a guy wants to buy some stereo stuff.

I said hello...

She said...Hi, this is the dealer service center. We've been trying to reach you concerning your vehicle's extended warrantee. >:)

The FBI can arrest people in a matter of days from all over our country just from facial recognition software but they can't stop this never-ending BS scam. Unbelievable! >:)

Sorry for the rants.