My down-sizing pics.. Anybody else have any you want to share?

Options

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I fell off the wagon yesterday. :s

Just by chance, after looking at a post by my wife on Facebook, I went to look at "Facebook Marketplace" and saw a Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX for FREE. The ad said it works fine. The ad was 12 hrs. old... :'(

I thought...no way but what the heck, ask if it's available in that little instant pm box space.

A man quickly replied and said he still has it. I asked him to call me and gave him my #. He did. He had many calls from people wanting it but they couldn't go get it for some odd reasons. He said if I was serious, he'd hold it FOR ME...if I was going to go get it right then and there. I was there in 30 min.. :D

It does work great. I listened to it all last night while working out in the cottage. It made cheap Digital audio surround speakers sound good. Now that says a lot about this unit's capabilities.

j51hwizc8joq.png

ay0i1dqhh4d8.png

32mdtwt4w9ks.png

Ok, I'm back on the wagon again today. o:)

Glad to see you are RESTOCKING!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Just sold another set of speakers so space is reclaimed into the positive once again. ;)

Although I did LOVE this set of Infinity 4000. They are beautiful and sounded beautiful too.

Another set of babies/gems have left the nest. :'(

I did meet another great guy though.
    He visits Wilmington about once a month. I hope he stops by again.

xmamlx5dv8yq.png

u8gm3a7hjytz.png

gctg6kigpxg6.png

4wdh3r7lrbpm.png

5u4bf2f1tit3.png

dqw6otivoxag.png

91z6x4frcptc.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Done. :)

I can now get back to ground level downsizing projects.

m0d1nxatp4b1.png

1wj6vo652v7z.png

• Tony M
    Options
    The parts I saved fit this receiver. I had to make 4 new holes for the upper side-panel screws. It matches my Cd player now. :)
    I also have a Huge Pioneer Elite CD/DVD(?) Changer I've been saving that matches these also.
    I'd like to see all 3 pieces together and operational soon. ;)

ofktdb6pxyes.png

e1qppv8h4l2b.png

warhqrjz3s9k.png

82nfv1y6d22o.png

13cwwpfjaf59.png

uabldxji7bxq.png

e19618fw3svm.png
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Done. :)

I can now get back to ground level downsizing projects.

m0d1nxatp4b1.png

1wj6vo652v7z.png

Needs paint!😉
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    In all seriousness, looks great! I've worked with green board before, mudding has a completely different feel than regular drywall. The taping knife wants to grab the board making a nice finish tougher.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I've done enough mudding to be able to imagine the knife being pulled down by the friction from this board's surface. I was going to check and see if KING has tape that matches this color. Maybe later tonight I'll check.

I really enjoy this green hue for some strange reason. I looked up at it again this evening and smiled. No more insulation dust or stray bugs. And it's done well. It's sealed very well and staying cool. I can imagine putting cedar T&G, Cypress T&G or even PINE T&G years from now.

It's a joy going in there now! :)

I'm about to organize the back room some more VERY soon. Sales have been DEAD for a few weeks. I need to advertise some other stuff asap. ;)
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I love seeing the evolution of your project. It really looks great!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I've been working on clearing some space in the back room for a week or two or more. I've made another albeit small for now donation pile again.

The goal is to have it organized to where I can FIND stuff instantly when I need something PLUS to donate old stereo stuff like VCRs and whatever.

I repurposed those 7' tall book cases that sat on the front porch of the cottage for months. I REALLY liked them and was always looking at them and couldn't make up my mind to keep them or donate them or even try to sell them.
    Well... I fixed all the shelves. I added a 3/16" wood strip to one end of all the loose shelves. The shelves are super tight now and can support anything without falling because they were too short. They have helped me go vertical with some things till I decide what to get rid off later.

I fixed a NICE band saw tonight. I broke the motors starting capacitor 8 years ago while trying to get it UP to the deck's level to put it in the back room. Then the light on it didn't work. It had an ANCIENT light socket mounted in the bulb cover/shield. It probably took me 2-1/2 hours to get it right and cleaned up and set back up.
    Most of that time was trying to find things to fix it! :s>:)

I think I'll donate some hardware stuff I have in those bins. I need to put these nice boards up on a shelf again like they were in the front room.

Little by little...

Donation pile is building up;
    upibpixyrdel.png

Back room after a week or more...

I've had a Craftsman work bench under the big windows for YEARS...with NOTHING in it. :s>:) It's now on the middle wall like another one just like it has been for 8+ years with only one side full of tools in the drawers and then just some BIG industrial wheels behind the door on the other 1/2, side.

I've already organized a lot and you can hardly tell. Oh well, the scaffolding will be organized tomorrow. It's going where the Band saw was and also where my 12" sliding compound DeWalt saw with it's rolling portable stand was also. The saws will be in front of the scaffolding for a bit afterwards.

Where the saws were before I dug them out.
    bvpkfzwtzp7v.png

Access to the back door is getting better. I've ALWAYS thought about access through that back door incase firemen had to gain access through there.

usfhavcnshon.png

3swcpcplu3ly.png

gcauk99rzv10.png

qm3a4ru6j80o.png
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Wow Tony!! You have more stuff than I could have imagined in that secret back room.

I wish I had those Infinity speakers that you sold.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Options
    I have another pair of older bookshelf/stand size Infinity's that are pretty nice too. They're buried in the corner of the front room where that hidden window is.

I collected so much stuff preparing for retirement plus the great deals on stuff and then I loose a bunch of years. But I still went out once or twice a year to a yard sale or estate sale. I still look at on Craig's list every day. Facebook Market Place every other day too. :s

I now see stuff and remember the day and scenario surrounding the purchases. Mt brain is like a filing cabinet. But some memories have fallen out of the cabinet.

My grandiose woodworking dreams were halted years ago.
    Fixing that band saw last night brought back the desire in a big way. I have hundreds of woodworking books I can easily get to now. Who knows, maybe some POLK audio wooden signs, cut with this awesome saw I never really got a chance to use.

I know how to do most anything home related so I collected great deals on A LOT of stuff. Nickel and dime purchases added up! That's been my problem adding to the stereo love and artsy and cool collectables too.

A few months ago, I needed some electrical wire to re-wire the attic lights. I went out to my barn shed where I have spare wire and found what I needed. I saved that piece of wire for YEARS. It didn't take up much space either.

It's the BIG stuff I've bought and barely used that shrunk the floor space the back room.

I organized A LOT last night and this afternoon!

It feels great to be back to downsizing even if it is the back room.

The front room was gone over pretty well.

The back room needs just as much clearing of stuff as the front room did. Habitat will get A LOT of stuff! ;):)

Pictures coming later...
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    I have another pair of older bookshelf/stand size Infinity's that are pretty nice too. They're buried in the corner of the front room where that hidden window is.

I collected so much stuff preparing for retirement plus the great deals on stuff and then I loose a bunch of years. But I still went out once or twice a year to a yard sale or estate sale. I still look at on Craig's list every day. Facebook Market Place every other day too. :s

I now see stuff and remember the day and scenario surrounding the purchases. Mt brain is like a filing cabinet. But some memories have fallen out of the cabinet.

My grandiose woodworking dreams were halted years ago.
    Fixing that band saw last night brought back the desire in a big way. I have hundreds of woodworking books I can easily get to now. Who knows, maybe some POLK audio wooden signs, cut with this awesome saw I never really got a chance to use.

I know how to do most anything home related so I collected great deals on A LOT of stuff. Nickel and dime purchases added up! That's been my problem adding to the stereo love and artsy and cool collectables too.

A few months ago, I needed some electrical wire to re-wire the attic lights. I went out to my barn shed where I have spare wire and found what I needed. I saved that piece of wire for YEARS. It didn't take up much space either.

It's the BIG stuff I've bought and barely used that shrunk the floor space the back room.

I organized A LOT last night and this afternoon!

It feels great to be back to downsizing even if it is the back room.

The front room was gone over pretty well.

The back room needs just as much clearing of stuff as the front room did. Habitat will get A LOT of stuff! ;):)

Pictures coming later...

Great work Tony! Looking good!
  • Tony M
    Options
    Thank you.

I took tonight off. I was just too tired.

But I got a lot done earlier today. :)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Some nice art across the top of that room too.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Options
    I got rested last night and did quite a bit more this afternoon.
    qsbwsdxicd01.png

tmvo8w1tnb8a.png

dinner's ready...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Did Bob help?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Options
    He supervised. ;)
  • Tony M
    Options
    Today and tonight's progress.
    0ehcmt45gngf.png

1lwpi73gle7h.png

ixssp45zqej0.png

9e81gn6tq428.png

cwrab0c3c2mo.png

2tyhiuekqcwv.png

rxjom1qxchy7.png

axt7gyqzipqi.png

This end of the room is NEXT. :) I think I have a lot of donatable items for Habitat in the back corner.

There's 5 sets of speakers along this wall. One being my RTi12's. I plan on putting them all in the front room after I donate this first load. If it doesn't rain or threaten to, I'll clean up the front room tomorrow.

7144pe8ocb7u.png

by0wt83vdv3s.png

It's feeling good. :)
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    Options
  • Tony M
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Some time ago, I needed a place to put it while organizing.

The lamp was there... :D

May of 2019... :)
    n34xxosx830i.png

I'm looking back...I think something else was in the lamp before the minion.

Yup. "Chicken Little" sat in it for quite some time.
    Feb. of 2016
    532go50f5k2k.png
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Tony M
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Dec. of 2015...

The Minion is making his plan to kick Chicken Little out of the lamp...

nhsvd6zemuez.png

• Tony M
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I wanted to hear my RTA12b's tonight so I hooked them up to a receiver I haven't played in a long time. The receiver has been there for years. I used to play it but I stopped when I had to move it out for a spell to switch A/C units. It's been a year or so. It's right under the A/C unit.

I have a lot more rearranging to do. I could've stayed out there all night enjoying the tunes from the RTA12b's and trying to play Tetris with what's still left.

I swear my speakers are mating! :s

I have some downsizing boxes in the front room and a small donation pile in there again also. But I moved a bunch of speakers to the back room tonight and I feel I didn't clear any space. I should have a lot more than what I was seeing toward the end tonight.

These pics were from the middle of my rearranging. I didn't take any of how it looks now but it's similar.;

rpu1qp4gtl9x.png

zt6hwls06own.png

30iptutrodcy.png
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    A small update of what we've been dealing with: this is probably about half of the albums we've gone through from my dad's collection...and AFTER we've pulled out the ones we wanted to keep personally.
    1p0669udkfuk.jpg
    Then we had a couple of guys come over to take what they wanted. They took about 90% home with them, and the rest were trashed, so then we had this:
    sywmdqjatzqm.jpg

"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Options
    wow... :o

That was A LOT of albums.

• Tony M
    Options
    And that was about 1/2 of what you've gone through???

He loved getting albums as much as Mr. Fritz does.

I almost was given 1500 classical music albums with the purchase of my Perspex TT but their neighbor took them just before I called about their ad on Craig's list. Can you imagine how much those albums would've choked me to no recovery unless I passed them on like you just did with those. I'm sure they were all in great shape too. Your dad's and this 85 (?) year old man I bought the TT from were a gold mine for classical music lovers. :)
  • Tony M
    Options
    Since I became healthier this cartoon sums up my life but I'm not complaining one bit. I'm actually glad I can check them off the list. ;):)

1g9s6nwvcot0.png

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    And that was about 1/2 of what you've gone through???

He loved getting albums as much as Mr. Fritz does.

I almost was given 1500 classical music albums with the purchase of my Perspex TT but their neighbor took them just before I called about their ad on Craig's list. Can you imagine how much those albums would've choked me to no recovery unless I passed them on like you just did with those. I'm sure they were all in great shape too. Your dad's and this 85 (?) year old man I bought the TT from were a gold mine for classical music lovers. :)
    That was about of the ones my wife and I didn't keep for ourselves. Most of those are easy listening, gospel quartet, and big band. There actually weren't many classical.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Options
    OK.

Thanks for clarifying. ;)

• Tony M
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I finally put the Elite gear together. :p

I like it.

zs0pu7ndk9le.png

jrr5ac4sostp.png

I also fell off the wagon again today. I bought a pair of locally made Hartley " mini reference towers". They need woofer surrounds. I really liked the cabinets A LOT and the price was pretty darn good. The seller was an awesome guy! Nearly the same age as me. Pretty similar life stories and thoughts about what life is like in the USA now.

Yes...I used a blanket under them to bring them home. :D I laid them on their backs too.

They have a glossy black laminate top on them that makes them look like they could be art stands.

I just went out and took some pics of them. :p

e6im82gu6j77.png

d7o4di965o09.png

n25crvfnhhbq.png

tkknn9rrrd7s.png

And here is my latest move to make more space...Stacking my Pinnacles.

I'll have to hook up a subwoofer to add bass to the speaker "B" top speakers. Both the Onkyo and this Pioneer Elite sends speaker B bass to a sub. No getting around it. Oh well, I have enough subs to make that happen soon. I need to test them and advertise them anyway.

fbxhcc1sstze.png

Post edited by Tony M on
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    7wv0gg4tqprr.jpg

I'm starting to miss this look...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus