My down-sizing pics.. Anybody else have any you want to share?

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    There was still no hum from the Adcom system today.

Nancy's headlights turned out great.
    muw71hrmhdzi.png

mrydh4b4alr3.png

01tuno6v8ug2.png

dah2wyyao9km.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Please be careful when you decide to tackle that ceiling panel project. You're not a kid anymore like me ;)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    DON'T STOP NOW TONY!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    edited April 2021
    Thanks Harry.
    I have a bunch listed right now and haven't had a nibble on the speakers on CL. But I did get a nibble this morning on that TV /audio stand I've been advertising for a month I guess. I had planned on donating it real soon. The guy(?) asked if I still had it in his email. I said yes. I'm waiting for more correspondence and had planned on making his day by telling him to just come get it for free.

I've been really tired for days after taking a cold shower one night. Hardly a drop of warm water. My wife ran out the hot water washing dishes and what-ever else. She never said what else... >:) She let me get in there...I think she is going frikn bonkers on me FAST from what's been happening around here the past 6 months or more. The next couple of days after that, I took care of my 82 year-old Aunt who has 20% heart function. She 's an angel but the woman she was staying with was hard to arrange anything about meetings. Totally bazar! My Aunt and I spent a lot of time together but the last night, I went into shock from freezing in this Freezer of a house she stayed at for a few nights. She should've spent the whole time here but it wasn't arranged that way.

I've rested for 2 days in bed to recoup.
    I needed rest anyway from all the activity I've done the past few months.

Yard working is upon me now too. I did some a week ago and some more this afternoon. I'm almost on top of it.

I think the man and his son getting my HUGE JBL speakers will do ALL the heavy work if they can, letting me be a lightweight helper.

I've been stressed out and worn out and am trying to pace myself the best I can. But my Aunt's motel sharing woman put a number on me and my wife. My Aunt CAN'T get upset so she tried to ride the BS and she did well. She too was very exhausted from her visit from Georgia to Charlotte to Charlottesville to Wilmington. Then back home the same way. She told me today she had to rest for 2 days also.

I was out in the cottage today going to the back room to start the A/C back there. I smiled walking through that front room going through it and coming back out through it. It's a life changer for me now.

I was in a pit of despair for years.

Not anymore! :p:)

I have to add, I still have projects/ steps/stages to attack in my mind and I'll do each one which-ever one feels like the one to do at that time for that week. Maybe a few days. maybe one day too. I have 3 planned.

I might donate some stuff again. That was a fast space maker. I got to selling instead of donating. Sales have slowed the past 4 or 5 days. It gets me thinking again...donate or sell. It's all ok as long as I do like you suggest,

I NEED to keep going forward with the space reclamation efforts.

I'll keep sheading stuff off my shoulders and check off the to-do list of things also.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2021
    I worked till 4am getting the back room cleaned up some so I could get to the HUGE JBLs and the scaffolding that's just beside the 2 subwoofers.
    I had a blast tonight.

I was planning to take the JBLs out the back door when the man gets here but after some quick thoughts, going out the front door is very possible NOW...AND... I can clean up in front of my collection of receivers racks at the same time in preparation for the front door access method.

I did just that and I was on a roll and could've downsized, organized and compartmentalized that whole back room according to what trade tools went with it's companion tools working way into tomorrow. Everything went great.

I now have a pretty good clear head as to what I want to sell, keep, toss into the trash or donate as I see what I've stored again with a different mind-set.

I really was riding on a great wave of PRODUCTION tonight. I didn't move the scaffolding but I could've started to in less than 4 minutes now if I chose too. What a great feeling!

6uails5o1upl.png
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Tony, you need to be careful. You could be overdoing it a little. Try some regular sleep times.

RELAX some more.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Thanks Harry.

I've been in a state of do what I can when I can and rest accordingly.

I pace myself and work steady. Slow and steady wins the race. :-)

I got one great early morn. rest in. Got up, ate some cereal and went back to sleep for 1 1/2 hours. Feeling a little tired still but not sore like I was the days after I polished the headlight lens on the 3 vehicles.

I might go get some more CBD oil and Chrome bumper polish in a minute. It's a beautiful day again. I'll also see if the guy interested in those JBLs wants to wait until after him and his son go out of town for the weekend, to get these speakers. The speakers aren't in my way at all.

I'm going to research what people recommend for bumper polish on the web now.

I do over-do it all the time. But I rest when projects are done.

Harry and Drew too...Thank you two for thinking about my health during this process.

I'd tell about how much yard work I did yesterday but...:-) I paced myself then too.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2021
    Church speakers leaving along with a couple more sets also leaving. I have empty dollies everywhere now.

4nvkk8u33b9t.png

abp6yvv7mk0h.png

xumkpvlk20o3.png

4q2p2hzhn6b7.png

Post edited by Tony M on
  • Tony M
    edited April 2021
    eqyi480vmoea.png

m1g68nzuaa9w.png

I built this stereo/album/ cassette cabinet when I was about 21. 40+ years ago. It looks just like the day I finished it. I'll get more pictures of it in the future. Amazing how some objects stay with us for life! And being something you built yourself adds special connections that feel really good. I need to put it in service asap.
    edjq6mkw5ag3.png

dq8mckp1l9ds.png

The scaffolding is ready to be put up in the front room now!
    m0360s7v4b0l.png
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    How much more to do before you are finished?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2021
    When I sell / donate my collection of speakers and stereo stuff until I have just a few sets and a few stereo receivers/ amps and stuff.

I still have a lot advertised, a lot still to advertise, so through the summer and fall easily.

I had a couple of great guys come back Fri. and Sat. and buy some electronics to go with the speakers they bought from me a week or two earlier. I always give great deals to repeat purchasers.
    I like it when I sell something that isn't even advertised.

I was going to start putting King's green-board on the ceiling of the front room last mon. a week ago or so, BUT I got up and saw 4 people had emailed me wanting to come over to buy, hang-out or to see if I still had stuff that I have advertised.

I also had an element in my water heater burn out two weeks ago, THAT SUCKED, so I knew I had that to do that job ASAP also.
    Sales came first since we always had SOME heated water.

I finally had a day with no people coming over yesterday and I was finally well-rested, so I went and got heater elements. (2) since I was going to have to move my washing machine to get to my heater I might as well replace the heater's 2 elements. I also bought the extra long-"bent in half" elements. We now have twice the heating element length inside of this heater. We believe we had THE BEST hot water in over 30 years last night!
    We never sensed the water temp. getting cooler last night. Even when the original 2 elements were working, the second person to shower , usually me, had to give the heater some time to heat up because my wife LOVES really warm to hot water.

I also bought new washing machine hoses and swapped them out too. I forgot how old the ones were that I put on the last time so...better safe than sorry, right.

I couldn't get to sleep last night so I had measured the space where the church speakers were and saw my 2 chrome metal racks could fit there if I took down a couple of shelves off of the wall.

The front room is a mess now from all the selling I did last week. I made over a grand last week. That's some kind of down-sizing when one sells a grand of stuff that's just been taking up space. With the back room being a little more spacious, I can clean up the front room and maybe do the ceiling work while I wait for someone to respond to these ads. I'll reduce the asking prices on certain sets of speakers here and there too.
    6t7d5zk2q05b.png

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Now he needs to fix his ceiling and cover the insulation.

Nah. That helps with the acoustics!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Do you have afterburnt in there somewhere Tony? He seems to be part of the downsizing.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    nice job!

Are these Advents
    carsnoldh8jl.png

I know cleaning out the garage last month was a lot. 3 loads to Goodwill and one to the work dumpster
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Tony M
    Those are my beloved Polk audio SDA-SRS2's. B)

That's a lot of donating and shedding of things. Nice.

I did some more organizing last night and feel I've acquired a lot of space to where I can ALMOST get to anything, anywhere now. It was a great feeling last night. I still have have a lot to do though.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Wow Tony! I am impressed! Looking good!

Having nearly finished closing out my brothers estate, I can relate! He tended to collect things over time too! Too many CL ads to count, 3 days of estate sales, dumpsters, burn piles, salvation army, you name it. Man I'm tired!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Looking real good, I did a similar thing and cleared out a bedroom. I don't miss any of it.

Still have a few items stored in basement that I'll eventually get rid of.
  • Tony M
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Looking real good, I did a similar thing and cleared out a bedroom. I don't miss any of it.

Still have a few items stored in basement that I'll eventually get rid of.

I'm finding I don't miss the speakers I've sold because I didn't really listen to them much anyway. I liked owning them, thinking I'd set them up proper and enjoy each pair for a few months at least. Didn't happen...

So with all this new space I've made, I've set up scaffolding and for the past 2 nights, I'm putting ceiling boards over the exposed insulation now. The acoustics are sounding better. The room is getting cooler temp. wise too.

I put the boards up on the ceiling in the back room a year ago. This time, a thought came to me yesterday to make a template to punch little hole where the screws need to be. Every 8 inches. This template "on a strip of trim" has been a Godsend to my productivity. No more guessing whatsoever. The left-over piece of trim has been turned into a "board holder" to hold the bottom of a board, freeing up my 2 hands to work the board left-or-right. Another device I didn't think to use last year.

Little by little.

I still have ads running on CL, but this week has been dead except for one person who couldn't call me when he said he would on 2 occasions. I told him I'm keeping the Polk towers he said he wanted to buy. The more I listened to these towers, the more I thought...DAMN, these towers are fantastic sounding. The 150.00 price I advertised them for was just plain stupid. I remember them sounding great, but never heard them in a BIG room, spread apart. I never listened to these towers before for very long either. 1/2 hr. or more at my friend's house and then 20 minutes here. I think they are the RT20P towers. GREAT BASS!

I now have the room to keep these for a while longer now. I think I'll build some grills for these this fall.
  • Clipdat
    Thanks for the update, Tony. Hope you had a wonderful Thursday.
  • Tony M
    I fell off the wagon yesterday. :s

Just by chance, after looking at a post by my wife on Facebook, I went to look at "Facebook Marketplace" and saw a Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX for FREE. The ad said it works fine. The ad was 12 hrs. old... :'(

I thought...no way but what the heck, ask if it's available in that little instant pm box space.

A man quickly replied and said he still has it. I asked him to call me and gave him my #. He did. He had many calls from people wanting it but they couldn't go get it for some odd reasons. He said if I was serious, he'd hold it FOR ME...if I was going to go get it right then and there. I was there in 30 min.. :D

It does work great. I listened to it all last night while working out in the cottage. It made cheap Digital audio surround speakers sound good. Now that says a lot about this unit's capabilities.

j51hwizc8joq.png

ay0i1dqhh4d8.png

32mdtwt4w9ks.png

Ok, I'm back on the wagon again today. o:)

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I’m a fan of Pioneer Elite
  • Clipdat
    Damn, it weighs 31 lbs! Nice beefy build quality and looks to be in excellent condition. Sweet.
  • Tony M
    Yep, I think it was worth a slight chance to see if I could be the lucky one to receive it.

My older friend Mr. Paul and I like Pioneer Elite gear too. He's been mainly using Pioneer Elite gear for 15 years or so ever since we met. I've given him a few Elite pieces over the years as gifts. They have a great sound to almost everything I've heard from them.

I had an older Pioneer elite that a tech said couldn't be repaired. I forgot to test it as a pre-amp ( :s ) and put it out for trash pick-up. I did take the sides/feet and knobs off of it. It turned on and all, it just had NO output no matter what I did...except maybe it could've been used as a pre. :'( That was a year or less ago too.

Maybe the fancy sides I took off will fit this unit. That would be AWESOME! I'll find out pretty soon in a day or two. ;)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    All good.

My wagon has a wobbly wheel every once in a while.

Darn Tandberg RTR.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2021
    ohrhmzjswdx9.png

xbyyguabr1o0.png

3aprf3ninck0.png

The next few days will be very gratifying. I'm sealing the ceiling and it's going pretty good. :)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Awesome score Tony! Can't beat free!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.