Polkfest, 9 Oct 2004, Charleston SC- be there!!!

Options

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I plan to start swilling Gatorade on Tuesday and going to bed at 9. Gotta get hydrated and rested ya know? Troy, you do have a couple decks of cards for some drinking games, no?

Cheers,
    Russ

And make sure we have some food to cook at 3AM, I'm a helluva drunk cook :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    True, but a major fire hazard if we're talking gas stove. Never want to blow a 0.12 around an open flame...

Troy,
    Cleared my Inbox... try again...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Options
    .12?

Man, doro on THAT night had to be pushing the high .2's
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Possible...

Maybe Jesse or I ought to pick up gidrah...

Mark,
    You bringin' seegars?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Tour - Yea, cigars in tow...thanks for reminding me, as I need to get down there this week.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Gettin really stoked here, I am going to be bringing several pieces with me,eosone rsf 1000, klipsch rb 35, polk sda 2b, tenn sound co. speakers ( these are one of a kind ), phillips c.d.,l.d. player that I think sounds extremly good, dynaco pat 4, knight integrated amp if I can find some tubes in time, and a few other misc. items.

You guys will just have to over look the eosones as they are a work in progress and they have some cosmetic issues that I still do not have resolved but it does not effect their performance.

The biggest issue is the sub amp in one tower may not be functioning when I get there, I had pulled it out today with intentions of getting it repaired on monday, I layed it in front of the unit on the floor with the inards facing the ceiling and while I was behind the speaker placing the screws back in the respective holes my oldest walked up to see what I was into and stepped smack down on the power supply board and broke it into two pieces so I have no idea if I will be able to have it working or not but they still sound great even with just the one towers sub working. I would just purchase one from polk but just lack the funds to do so right now. To bad they wouldn't loan us one for the meet and paul could bring it with...hint hint.

Anybody bringing stands we could set the klipsch on?

Looking foward to this,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Geez, Mike... you renting a U-haul???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• hotwheelman
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Geez, Mike... you renting a U-haul???

Nah, got the whole backend of the minivan cleared out.:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Mike, I've got three sets of stands.....also, I have a Dynaco PAT-4 as well.

Man, that is a LOT of stuff, the more the better!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hotwheelman
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot one more thing. Does anyone have a pinblade interconnect they could bring to use with the 2b's? I do not have one but a buddy of mine has given me a blade blade cable that I plan on converting but I doubt that I will have time to do it before I head down.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Who all is planning on coming over Friday night ??

Gotta figure how much grub to pick up.

Also, is keg beer ok?

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I am...

EDITs:

... should be there ~12:01 AM...

Keg Beer... absolutely. Just please no Bud/ AB brews.... freakin' kill my head about half a glass into them...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Jesse and I will be in in the afternoon on Friday.

I'll bring my SDA pin/blade.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2004
    Options
    What tubes do you need for the Knight, and has it been Variac'd?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I can bring a variac... two if needed.

Any potential use for a tester? Have a nice little TV7-D/U I can bring...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• hotwheelman
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    What tubes do you need for the Knight, and has it been Variac'd?

I need 6bq5's, four if memory serves me right. I am going to get her out tonight and do a double check as to the exact #. A variac will be needed if some tubes can be found as it has not been used for quite a while.

Cheers,
    Mike

Troy, We should be in fri. afternoon.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Count me in for Fri. night.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I'll bring a quad of EL84's, check it and make sure. No rectifier or front end tubes?

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Is anyone bringing LSi7's?
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Options
    John WAS bringing his but since he's bucking for Employee of the Month......Wanna bring yours?

BDT
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited October 2004
    Options
    After reviewing all the guests and hardware that is comming down, I think you'll need a bigger house :D . Wish I could be there sounds like it's going to be one hell of a good time.

Have fun and be safe guys,

Dave
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Dave - Wish you could join us man, we'll take some good pics for you :)

Troy - OK, I'll bring a pair of LSi7's. Is anyone bringing a representative of the Monitor series? I have some 10A's and 10B's handy.
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Troy, since space may be at a premium, do you have an updated
    list of components .(mainly speakers)
    I can cover:
    Polk monitor 10's
    Advent Large (early version)
    JBL 4410 monitors (for fun)
    KLH 17's
    Infinity RS6000's(again just for gettin' nasty loud)

Still planning on :
    Kenwood M2 amp/C2preamp
    Jolida J100 CDP
    33 misc Jazz,Blues,Classical and Rock CD's
    Living relatively close by I can rotate speakers to cover a broader range/variety of speaker styles and someone coming from further
    out can use the extra space.

Dave
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Jesse has volunteered to be strapped to the roof rack, in order to make room for more speakers inside the vehicle :D
  • hotwheelman
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Jesse has volunteered to be strapped to the roof rack, in order to make room for more speakers inside the vehicle :D

You going to pick him up a bug shield to keep his face clean?:D
    I have a pair of mon. 7's, they look like crap but sound just amazing. But my personal fav is the mon 10's, wish I still had mine.

Russ, thanks for bringing the quad, it'll be nice to here the knight sing again.
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by DAGLJAM6
    Living relatively close by I can rotate speakers to cover a broader range/variety of speaker styles...
    Dave
    Whoo-Hoo... a satellite Polk party.. :D

Gold, doro, on the roof rack... Gold. Betcha $5 he climbs off and not a hair on his head has moved...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Tour - :D
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2004
    Options
    The 'Dickeyville' 7a's (signed) are being shipped up for the meet, so that model is covered.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Coolness.....man, I don't know about you guys but I'm getting pretty jazzed about this.

Sean, what's the 411? Which way is the wind blowing this week?

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Jazzed? not me... :o

BTW, I decided to leave tomorrow... see you Tuesday!
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli