Polkfest, 9 Oct 2004, Charleston SC- be there!!!

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    edited September 2004
    Options
    John...

Sorry to say I wont be there either :o No smacking will be taking place October 9th! Unless the guys from up north take a pit stop here on their way down!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2004
    Options
    LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!

POLKFEST DAMNIT! Be there or be square like John Strong and Trey! ;)

OFFICIAL

Signal Cable....www.signalcable.com

Frank Dai, is sponsoring the event with some FREE giveaways like last year.....and I will be bringing some FREE SprintPCS T-Shirts and stuff.

More suprises are in store, but you have to be present to find out!

C'mon down and hang out Polkies, it's your duty!

Here is a picture of what are you may see when you walk in beings there will be SO MUCH GEAR!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Well the offer still stands...

If yall want to stop by my house on the way down (you Maryland folks or VA folks, etc) for a pit stop, long drive that far and from there, you will be welcome to...you can stop by listen to the Definitives ;) and w/e...

Haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Sid,

How close to Charlotte are you?

There is no way you can be six hours from me. From here it's less than three to downtown Charlotte. We've done day trips to Panthers games and so forth.

I'm just saying, it's doable. If you leave at 7AM, you can be here in plenty of time.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Troy,

Welcome back home!

We made an unscheduled pit stop in your fair city on the 25th - as we outran hurricane Jeanne up the east coast on our 950 ft. surf board. I wish I'd have had the ways/means to get a chance to meet you. But, we were in port for just a few hours (pic attached.)

Mike
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Options
    That's a HELL of a surfboard!

Damn!

Are you SURE we can't lure you down? I know that F1 and dorokusai wouldn't mind the company on the ride down!

Anytime you are coming by Charleston, gimmie a shout.

Troy
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Off the top of my head...

Folks that I've either heard from or have been led to believe are reasonably certain to attend:

RuSsMaN
    Polk Paul
    F1Nut
    dorokusai
    disneyjoe
    reeltrouble1
    shack
    hotwheelman
    hoosier21
    amulford
    DAGLJAM6
    Tour2ma

Folks who have expressed interest but haven't heard from:

Grimster74
    Terrax
    SDA SRS 1.2

(give me a shout guys!!)

on the fence to doubtful:

gidrah
    Sid and Co.
    john strong
    zero

AM I MISSING ANYONE??????

Troy

bump.....
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Where's my freakin' preamp?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Options
    enroute...

I just emailed you the tracking number, I shipped it yesterday as I've been a bit on the lazy side.

Troy
  • VR3
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Sid,

How close to Charlotte are you?

There is no way you can be six hours from me. From here it's less than three to downtown Charlotte. We've done day trips to Panthers games and so forth.

I'm just saying, it's doable. If you leave at 7AM, you can be here in plenty of time.

BDT

It takes about 45 mins to 1 hour to get to the Panther stadium, depending on traffic

We are actually about 5 hours away....
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Options
    For those folks staying at the Hampton Inn...

Which one are you staying at? There are 2 close by.

4701 Saul White Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418
    843-554-7154
    or

7424 Northside Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420
    843-820-2030

Either one is fine, however, if you are driving in, the one on Northside Drive is closer and easier to get to.

No sweat either way, I actually didn't know that we had two here.

BDT
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Troy, I don't know why this two Hampton Inn for big difference $ for a room?

4701 Saul White Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418
    843-554-7154

Like $70 a night.

7424 Northside Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420
    843-820-2030

Like $130 a night.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Options
    OUCH!

Man, eff that!

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Stay at the Fairfield.... <70 and I think they have little refrigerators....well they better or I'm shooting someone.

Oh, forgot :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I'm sorry Troy but I will not be able to make it. I would have love to have met you and your family plus a few members from the forum. Maybe next time.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2004
    Options
    OFFICIAL

We have another sponsor.... www.stereomanuals.com

Rick Stout (Owner) has agreed to get on board, and drop a prize or two on the event.

I think this is a real sign that things are getting heated, and noticed in many circles. This is not just a Polk thing anymore gang, and it reflects greatly on our forum and our insanity for Polk products.

Yea, a couple sponsors may sound lame, and it's may just be an interconnect, or a free manual....but it means ALOT to the effort that is in this event, and to the people that participate...and perhaps wish they were able to attend.

We can only make this bigger and better if you guys want it to be that way.

Polk Audio has always gone out of their way to support these events. Micah Cohen is the Polk Forum Buddha, and he is someone we will never forget. Some of us have had the pleasure of a HUGE Polk HQ tour......met Stu "Wonderboy" Lumsden in TEXAS!!....and soon to meet again, Paul "The Enforcer" DiComo in SOUTH CAROLINA!

Why not participate, and get Grassroots with a company that has stayed more in touch with the customer than any manufacturer EVER?

Yep, I'm a geek, but I just love audio man, and like to meet people of similar interests. Polk made that actually cool, and not a jailable offense anymore ;)

Take some time out, come visit, and kick back....you may even win something for the ride home!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited September 2004
    Options
    In keeping with the spirit of this event, I'll add a little something to the give-a-away prizes. A near mint, long out of print copy of Steely Dan's Gaucho on MFSL 24kt Gold disc. The only thing you have to do is to show up and it could be yours.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Enough bailing already... C'mon down or over or up... Just come folks. It's gonna be a blast...

I'm bringing that ratty, old Sunfire SIG Cin (and no, doro, the burned out light has not been replaced) and an AA CDP rig (DDS III, DDE 3.0 and Pro 32 DTI).
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Ed zachary, come on, bum a ride, whatever...come on down.

Free food
    Free drinks
    Free STUFF (Polk Audio, Sprint PCS, Signal Cable, stereomanuals.com)

TONS of gear that you otherwise probably not get to hear

PURE unadulterated audio slothfullness with like minded individuals plus you get to rub elbows with a nearly notable mid level exec from Polk :D (just kidding Paul).....

What have you got to lose??????

BDT
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2004
    Options

What have you got to lose??????

BDT

Well...............................
    Originally posted by dorokusai

Doro's traveling companions:

Dixie Blackened Voodoo Beer :D
    Vaseline
    Various Condoms
    As long as you stay away from the Voodoo Beer and Doro's hotel you are probably ok....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Would it be possible to send a cardboard cut-out of myself and still be eligable for a freebie or two? I'd love to be there in-person but it's just not feasable at this time. Have a good time folks!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I've got my testicals crossed for you Sean.

God oh God PLEASE let Sean make it. It would be SO much more fun if he was there. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Frank Z
    Would it be possible to send a cardboard cut-out of myself and still be eligable for a freebie or two?
    If life size, doro would probably give the cutout a freebie or two...

Crossed testicles? :eek: Is there no length to which RuSsMan won't go for a fellow Polkie?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I can honestly say.....

I've got nuthin that Doro would be interested in, and for that I am eternally grateful!!:D
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I'm getting stoked to see all you silly ****...

Still hoping to hear yay or nay from a few folks (Grimster, Terrax, SDA SRS 1.2, weavercr..) no pressure but we'd love to have you guys come.

BDT
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Hey now! If Frank Z gets to send a carboard cutout for door prize eligibility then I'm sendin' one too! Then I can moon you from afar!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Getting fairly excited here too.

Guys,

If you bring only one thing other than yourself, BRING MUSIC YOU ARE FAMILAR WITH.

I plan to start swilling Gatorade on Tuesday and going to bed at 9. Gotta get hydrated and rested ya know? Troy, you do have a couple decks of cards for some drinking games, no?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I'm currently on the "NO" list, but if I were able to swing it, is there a volunteer (other than Troy) that would be willing to pick me up at the airport?
    Make it Funky! :)
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Gidrah - No problem, let me know if you need a ride.

FrankZ - Damn you, I was really excited about the life size cutout :)
  • TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Options
    gidrah, no problem on the airport ride. I'm literally just minutes from the airport.

BDT