Polkfest, 9 Oct 2004, Charleston SC- be there!!!

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited September 2004
    Thats ok Troy I didn't expect any warm welcome or Invite from you anyway.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2004
    see below..double post
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Dan,

Why would you WANT to come. You don't like me (I've got the emails to prove it) and we don't have gear that you particularly care for.

So, what would be the point?

I have no problem with anyone coming but the fact remains, you don't care for SDA. You don't like Carver. You weren't impressed with the Carver Amazings. My wire and cabling is not up to your standards. You don't care for the RTi line and you think separates for them is a waste of time. There won't be much in the way of HT and even if I did, I'm sure mine isn't up to your standards based on the wiring alone. I just don't see what the attraction would be.

BDT
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited September 2004
    Hey Troy,
    What are we doing exactly at this gathering?

Friday - ?

Saturday - ?

Sunday - ?

Because I will have school that Friday, and I really cant afford to miss any days of school because I will get behind in my work, so if yall are just gathering together and talking etc, I will probally come after school and will arrive around 8-9pm that day. If yall are demoing gear, I will definetely be there friday!

Now Saturday I plan to be there to hear the gear...

Sunday, what is going on? If nothing to major it going on we will probally leave that morning

Also, are we aloud to sleep on the floor? We dont much want to get a Hotel, my mom being unemployed and all - so, we can get one, but if we could stay at your place, it would be nice.

At this point in time, we plan to come.

Me, Des, My Mom...

I might bring my B&K amp (not sure)....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Sid,

Friday night is pretty much going to be a hamburgers/hotdogs and so forth type event.

Saturday is the big day so even if you guys came down early on Saturday (It's about 3 hours from here to Rock Hill, SC so figure drive time accordingly) you would be ok that way.

Sunday is pretty much up to everyone what they want to do, hang out, play golf....whatever.

Sure, you guys can help yourself to some floor if you like. I have a pull out sofa in the mancave which your mom can have.

Coolio on the amp.

BDT
  • VR3
    edited September 2004
    Hey Troy,
    Sounds good, hopefully I can make it.

My Mom is curious as to what she will be doing in the time all this is going on....

- Trey
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited September 2004
    Probably wishing she had stayed at home.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited September 2004
    Hehe...

Probally....
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2004
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    My Mom is curious as to what she will be doing in the time all this is going on....

Me?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited September 2004
    ooooooooooooo!

ouch!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Heck, man, I dunno. What does she WANT to do? There is beach, shopping, sightseeing.....I dunno, the possibilities are endless.

Well, and there is always Russ .

BDT
  • VR3
    edited September 2004
    Are there any other women that will be there besides her and des?
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    The lovely Wendi will be there, maybe the wife of one of my local buddies.

BDT
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited September 2004
    Troy,
    Well if you put it that way,then I guess there isn't anything for me there.No reason to come down and meet anyone.Sorry to bother your thead.

Dan
    I have no problem with anyone coming

Yes you do, you have a problem with me coming.It's cool I'd rather you tell the truth.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    Sorry....nevermind. Bad day. Bad mood.

Dan, if you want to come, come. I'll do my best to be a gracious host.

Sean,

Man, I'm not sure about local pet friendly hotels. Off the top of my melon, I'm drawing a blank. Have you thought about boarding them at a local kennel? We board our dog when we travel, it runs about ten bucks a day. That said, I'll see what I can come up with.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2004
    Can't we all just get along and touch each other?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2004
    Yes, let all of us get together....

It may just a party to see everyone, the gear is cool but I wish to see other member there. Pictures will be cool when all of us get together ;)

:cool:

BTW the Hurricane's are killing me.................... 2 of them in 3 weeks now talking about the next one F**K

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VR3
    edited September 2004
    Hmmm....

I may bring some B&K gear if I can arrange a way to haul it - I could haul the original boxes down there, that will get em there in one piece....

See how my gear measures up to the others down there...

No idea, I would bring my Definitives if I had a larger vehicle, but they are also hard to setup, and with limited time....

Someone must bring a SVS and HSU...so we can do a sub shootout :cool:

I cant wait to hear the Carver Amazings!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2004
    With the speakers Troy has, a sub will be a moot point.

Full range brotha, abso-friggin-lutely full range.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    17hz @ -3db.....

Subs need not apply.

BDT
  • VR3
    edited September 2004
    Yeah, I cant wait to hear how the gear down there sounds...

Will also like to hear how the SDAs sound properly setup and powered....

My Dad's isnt even close :rolleyes:

Ah well, definetely plan on coming...

Carver Amazings I suppose?
  • TroyD
    edited September 2004
    We'll see what we can do, anyway!

BDT
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2004
    Troy:

Can you post the names and #'s to some local hotels/motels. I'll make some calls and figure out prices on rooms.

How many of us are planning on getting a room? Speak up...we need to get a good rate!

John
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    edited September 2004
    If u can get a good price, me - my mom - des (possibly)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2004
    I'm going to sleep in a van down by the river.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2004
    Count me in...

>How many of us are planning on getting a room? Speak up...we need to get a good rate!<

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2004
    Troy, how much room you still got at the house? My wife may be heading down with and I am not sure if we will have the funds or not to get a room. Doro, your supposed to caps the..... VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! I loved watching him do that skit.:D

Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited September 2004
    I'm good for a room, screw sleeping in a van, floor, sofa bed, sleeping bag, etc.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2004
    I'm for the room. I've got a conversion van, but eff that. The skeeters would probably like it:rolleyes:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2004
    What is this, a sleepover or an audio gathering? What does Motel 6 run down the street, THIRTY DOLLARS?

I'm sure the wives / mommies will be pleased once the morning scratch and power-**** session begins.