gyosa wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Any interest in selling it ?

Bk

No B)

Bummer …
    Been looking for one for ages ..

Bk

Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    70hemicuda wrote: »
    70hemicuda wrote: »
    Just got my 800 today. Still waiting on the box and other parts. Is heat a concern with these? I bought a plastic electronics enclosure and also got a vent I can cut in. Wasn't sure if these produce alot of heat.

They produce no heat, and trade in your plastic enclosure for an aluminum one..

This enclosure was $20 on amazon, going to use it for version 1. The plan is to make a really nice aluminum and wood one to match the speakers.
    There was a company that made an aluminum enclosure for just a few dollars more. It fit the 800va torrid very well and clamped it in place, its still a good idea to bolt it to the box.

AFTER placing my order, Avel sent me the spec sheet and they're now saying the OD is 6.7", whereas other online sources said 6.5" OD. So I'll have to just wait and measure everything out and decide If I need to purchase larger alloy extrusion for it's case.... >:)

jxikvk7eh7d5.png

a6vs9hc23c6r.png

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    I am looking forward to what you build for it..
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options

Bk

No B)

Bummer …

Bk

This one is just too unique of a piece to let go of..
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    AFTER placing my order, Avel sent me the spec sheet and they're now saying the OD is 6.7", whereas other online sources said 6.5" OD. So I'll have to just wait and measure everything out and decide If I need to purchase larger alloy extrusion for it's case.... >:)

That's only about a 3/16" difference.
  • xschop
    Options
    ...Said the Space Shuttle engineer as he watched it go down in flames.
  • xschop
    edited January 30
    Options
    Just trying to avoid having to shell out another 200 bucks on billet. You know chop whatcha got. A pug should understand.

Going with Neutriks anyways, so extra thru-bore will still leave @0.200 thickness after the fly-cut for their interface with housing...comprende?

fwkavpqmovmw.png
  • Viking64
    Options
    Just trying to avoid having to shell out another 200 bucks on billet. You know chop whatcha got. A pug should understand.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Jus put it in an aluminum box and move TF on.
  • xschop
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

I don't even know what you are talking about. Jus put it in an aluminum box and move TF on.

Silly pup...WAF would be at zero % at that point.

• Viking64
    Options
    This should be in the "You're Doing It Wrong" thread.
  • xschop
    Options
    We'll let you dominate that topic.
  • Viking64
    Options
    We'll let you dominate that topic.

That comeback should be in the "I Know You Are But What Am I?" thread. (Must be 12 or under to enter.)
  • xschop
    Options
    12 dog years to you. :)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I have mine behind one of my speakers. Out of sight should be perfect for WAF.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    edited January 30
    Options
    I wont hide the artwork. Will stack with my amps nicely. ;)

qv40r9bmaa6s.jpg

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I wont hide the artwork. Will stack with my amps nicely. ;)

qv40r9bmaa6s.jpg

That's what you think, but the wife will hate it. Along with your amps and anything you have "Wuhanned"
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • xschop
    edited January 30
    Options
    She's not an audiohtr. Besides, aren't all the new Polk lines "wuhanned"? lmao

hslfke35ys0k.jpg

Post edited by xschop on
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options

Bk

No B)

[/quote]

Bummer …

Bk

[/quote]

How's about a 1KVA tranny + enclosure sound ??

shame, the last guy I reached out to a couple of days ago had difficulty with reading comprehension ...

PM me if interested

open to offers
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Why noy just send him a PM @GlennDog 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    that'd be the mature thing to do ... (pretty sure the other party I refereed to wasn't "in the moment" when the offer was made . . .

ANYWHO

I'll leave it at that . . . thanks Ivan

sorry for the sideshow
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 701
    Options
    @GlennDog ….
    Just sent ya a PM ..

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • Sitka
    Sitka Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks @westmassguy - the zip tie idea works great. I drilled through the case and skipped the MDF since it was close quarters in there. Except for the torroid, everything came from Partsxpress.

uzy3vc53gx8e.jpg
    eyztk6diutpj.jpg

• xschop
    edited February 11
    Options
    Edit: Just saw your reply about the case drilling.
    Post edited by xschop on
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    You're welcome.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Sitka
    Options
    Just curious - what's the reasoning behind lining the case with Dynamat? I thought Dynamat is a mass damping product to stop resonance.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Helps lessen/prevent vibrations from getting in. The layer of foil doesn't hurt either.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Sitka
    Options
    Thanks F1 - gotta say the Dreadnought has dramatically improved imaging, soundstage and oddly enough, tweeter performance. Amp is also running much cooler.
  • xschop
    Options
    Would be interesting to hear an electrical engineer's opinion on why your amp runs cooler.
    Sounds like a win/win situation.
  • Sitka
    Options
    It would be nice to know the mechanics behind the use of a torroid transformer for non-transformer duty. I sort of understand that the Dreadnought is effectively a second ground plane, but really I ain't no EE, so maybe I'm wrong on that. One thing is for sure - Matthew Polk is a near genius EE.