Funny things your wife has said...about audio

Options

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    jonicont wrote: »
    You know what would look good in this room?

You have 3700 sq/ft to play with. Get out of my room

Those curtains are an inch too short

Get out

I can feel the love...and the imminent divorce 😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,460
    edited February 2020
    Options

Get out
    LOLOL
    like something out of a movie.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited February 2020
    Options
    When we first met she says.."I can't believe cables can sound so different"!
    Married and together for about 10 years she said roughly a month ago......"You could have bought a car instead of those".
    >:)
    Got to love her,She would sit in front of the system every night if she had her way! <3 Her dearly
    Post edited by ptrooper on
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Get out

I can feel the love...and the imminent divorce 😂

She’s put up with me for 42 years. I think we’re good 😄

SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options

Get out

Clearly not newlyweds...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2020
    Options
    lmacmil wrote: »
    My wife, who is an excellent musician with an excellent ear, can tell the difference between the TV speakers and the stereo system...but she doesn't care which one she listens to!

Fixed it for ya & yes, same here.

However, she has stated on more than one occasion, "I don't know why you keep changing things, none of your stereos have sounded bad....except the ELACS (Uni-Fi UF5 and UB5) and the Focals....those were terrible."
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    I was at a local audio guy's house about 2 yeats ago. His wife wife comes into the room and my friend introduces me to her.
    She reaponds by asking me, "which of these speakers are you taking home with you today?"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    The guy has two wives?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    0ibbk95a9ed6.jpg

Nice, I had to call the cops.
  • halo
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This afternoon, my wife and I were on our way to a craft store so she could pick up some supplies. We passed by an audio store on the way called, “Music for Pleasure.” As we did so, my wife said, “oh look, there’s your audio hut!” I looked at her quizzically and asked, “my audio hut???”

I think she was laughing harder than I was. :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    This afternoon, my wife and I were on our way to a craft store so she could pick up some supplies. We passed by an audio store on the way called, “Music for Pleasure.” As we did so, my wife said, “oh look, there’s your audio hut!”

They've got some real goodies in that store. I dare not go back.

• afterburnt
    Options
    This afternoon, my wife and I were on our way to a craft store so she could pick up some supplies. We passed by an audio store on the way called, “Music for Pleasure.” As we did so, my wife said, “oh look, there’s your audio hut!” I looked at her quizzically and asked, “my audio hut???”

punchline?
  • halo
    edited March 2020
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

punchline?

She called a HiFi shop an audio hut ;)
  • afterburnt
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

punchline?

She called a HiFi shop an audio hut ;)

Oh ok, I kinda thought it was called "Audio Hut" I like that name better than the real name.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I was at a local audio guy's house about 2 yeats ago. His wife wife comes into the room and my friend introduces me to her.
    She reaponds by asking me, "which of these speakers are you taking home with you today?"

What was my wife doing hangin' out with your hifi buddy?

:o
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Bringing this thread back to life. My wife and I (she's a trooper) have been going through my dad's collection of audio gear. We often connect an Aux cord from our phones to old gear for testing old receivers, etc. Of course sometimes, there are issues with playback on these old pieces, such as playback from only one channel.

Tonight, we got one old receiver working correctly, and as we tested/played a certain song from Spotify, she exclaimed, "Oh, this is one of my favorite songs when played on two speakers!"
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    What song was it?
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Doesn't really matter...the point is her comment about being played on 'two speakers' (i.e., in stereo) instead of just one. I think it could have been any song, but she had been conditioned to only have output from one side due to earlier issues.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,702
    edited December 2021
    Options
    "What are you taking apart now?"

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Heh, funny story!

So last the daughter unit says in the car "Your stereo won't be louder than my headphones! They're noise cancelling!" I just grinned, Jackie laughed and told the son unit to put his fingers in his ears.

Then we listened to Rhianna's "Pon de Replay" at 11.

She got all sore and took her headphones off. I lowered the volume 'cause the amp was starting to clip and overheat.

She mumbled something and started scratching her head. Jackie asked her what she said , she mumbled again and Jackie asked again. Then she shouted "IT WAS VIBRATING MY HAIR!"

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,278
    Options
    When I finished my dedicated room and put the apogee duetta 2's in it my wife asked why the singer's voice was coming from my amp in between the speakers.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Do you remember your answer?
  • jdjohn
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What song was it?
    It was Chris Stapleton, "Daddy Doesn't Pray Anymore". It's just him solo with acoustic guitar, so no stereo effect...that's part of what made it funny.
    xschop wrote: »
    "What are you taking apart now?"
    This was an older Sony receiver... nothing special, but I can't help trying to get it working better.
    Post edited by jdjohn on
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    My favorite was when I bough a McIntosh C2300 and was hauling the huge box into the house and she said that better not be a microwave. I had mentioned to her a few days earlier that we should buy a $100 stainless steel microwave to match our new appliances and she thought the white one we had was fine. I said, "Nope not a microwave", she was fine with that and I never heard about it again.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Why do you need that?
    Don't you already have one of (insert audio component here)?
    What's wrong with what you have?

Silly wife has no clue
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    "What's that?"
    It's a power cord.
    "It's big and ugly!"

I guess that really is…”What she said.” 😂
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky...

The last thing my wife said about the grande..

Oh... It's made in France... That's great!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited December 2021
    Options
    My wife told me men like speakers because woofers have the round shape of **** and the dust covers, well you know. I had to edit this. The "you know" pertains to the ****, not below.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.