What pisses me off....Power cords

Options
1235»

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,519
    Options
    It’s always gratifying to have someone at a manufacturer take time to talk or email you when you reach out. I just checked out Transparent’s website and they have a great range, including some specialized connectors. I might pick up a BNC to RCA adapter.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    I ended up putting the stock PC back in and all I can say is that I have a sigh of relief.

Tonal balance is back.

I wanted to like that PC but just like the Pangea the other day? It's outta here!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    What kind was it?
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    If your cord is too short though it can definitely interfere with "the reproductive effort", or so I've heard.

It's not the length but the girth...we are talking about PC's aren't we. 🤔🤔🤔
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    invalid wrote: »
    Why 1/2 meter? I thought most of the cable companies said not to use a power cable that short.

This is honestly something I hadn't heard of yet. This may or may not be the reason I don't like the new PC I tried. What is the preferred or suggested PC length?

Reason I ask, is that if I can't find a nice one? I was going to order a custom length Transparent Reference PC. Not chump change for one of those, so I'd like to get it right. If you would be so kind, please share with me your knowledge on this subject....let me pick your brain for a stint...

Tom

Easier to sale a 1m cord than a 0.5m cord and easier to sale a 1.5m-2m cord than a 1m cord.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What kind was it?

1ft0cajvzt4a.png

1m Duelund dca12. This would work great for a non-full range system. A bookie system would be a great fit. Not so much for my system.

Marvin, I agree on the resale but that's not (as aforementioned) my main concern when purchasing. I have said it once, I'll say it again. The only thing that matters to me is the end result as to what hits these ears.....and I do mean the only thing.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, it's been a while since I updated this thread.

First off, PC's don't infuriate me anymore. When I got the new (to me) Tylers, I was able to move the subs to the inside of the mains. The end result is that I can now shimmy by the sides of the speakers and adjust without doing unnatural body contortions or the human pretzel to adjust the subs. Much, much easier and the subs are so finely tuned now, it doesn't take nearly the amount of time to dial them in correctly.

Also, many of you have read about my adventures with the Snake River Cables. Those freed up some Transparent IC's to put in for the IC's on the subs. I wasn't expecting their to be much improvement on that but I was completely incorrect in my assumption there. I was very pleasantly surprised that they cleaned up the lower registers quite a bit.

Add to the IC change out, I purchased a pair of PC's from Marvin (Thanks again, Marv!!!). They have a different metallurgy than the ones I last had in there but they fit that spot extremely well. They reduced the amount of output, which in turn made the lower registers faster and also allowed me to increase the volume UP on the subs (after some minor adjustments to get the room and speakers in tune with the new PC's.

This was a great asset because the subs were always ran low. It gave me a greater variance of volume before they got out of balance with the rest of the system/room. Since I was able to turn them up, I get more juice out of the direct servo amps, which increases the visceral impact. Win-Win!

Tom
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Had to contact RuSsMaN to get it. The original forum it was on is now defunct. Credit to Russ for this one....

2dxgelr2s298.png

No Christmas card for you msg...

Tom

The PIP is priceless....it doesn't say, "Dude, you okay??" it says, "DUDE, MY SPEAKER!!!"
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited January 12
    Options
    Poor James. That was big man hitting the ground, his knee was all messed up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    In my defense? I did not know the damage at that point in time. I did know that something bad was happening.

It did.

We are still great friends. It cost us both.

Tom
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    In my defense? I did not know the damage at that point in time. I did know that something bad was happening.

It did.

"We are still great friends". It cost us both.

Tom

That's cool. Yeah, accidents happen, and you can see the elevation change in the asphalt is subtle and easy overlook. Sad that it was such a costly accident but fortunately it wasn't worse for the big man doing the face plant.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman