F1nut Posts: 49,706
    62caddy wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    KSD009 wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    At my last job, I once had a conversation about audio equipment with 2 younger fellas, and one of them said Bose were the best sounding speakers there are. The other one said yes, besides Cerwin Vega.

I laughed and walked away while they both had puzzled looks on their faces....

I don’t see the issue - all speakers sound the same.

Any differences that do exist are so minute as to have little or no effect on musical enjoyment....

All speakers sound the same ?

I was applying the transitive property (sarcastically) to the statement made about amplifiers all sounding the same

And you didn't even get that right because nowhere was that said in this thread.

But then, who can doubt one's ability to discern between amplifiers when one can't even accurately relate what was said (and what was not) in black & white.

Or was it a case of transitive properties?

More back pedaling.

More illiteracy - three times...and counting.

Says the guy that wrote, "Yamaha Cass".......LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited September 2019
  • 62caddy
    62caddy Posts: 137
    edited September 2019
    At my last job, I once had a conversation about audio equipment with 2 younger fellas, and one of them said Bose were the best sounding speakers there are. The other one said yes, besides Cerwin Vega.

Any differences that do exist are so minute as to have little or no effect on musical enjoyment....

I was applying the transitive property (sarcastically) to the statement made about amplifiers all sounding the same

And you didn't even get that right because nowhere was that said in this thread.

But then, who can doubt one's ability to discern between amplifiers when one can't even accurately relate what was said (and what was not) in black & white.

More back pedaling.

Cassette deck - abbreviated for character space.

Something wrong there?
    Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Pioneer PL-518; A/T 440 MLa; Yamaha CD
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • F1nut

More back pedaling.

Something wrong there?

LOL

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DSkip wrote: »
    BDT wrote: »
    So you would go with polk over CERWIN VEGA. The spec are decent on there speakers. Thats why i’m asking you guys know 1000 times more then me.

I sincerely hope you aren't as dumb as you sound. If you can't cop to that....have someone sanity check your posts before hitting the post comment button.

BDT

How do i sound dumb? Because i don’t know much on this topic ? No **** i don’t. Lol. To sit there and call some dumb who is learning on the topic make you an idiot.

This is not a main streem topic. So i would 98% of people or even higher know **** all on this topic. So are they all dumb???

Sorry you are getting caught in this thread man. Where do you live? If you are near me you are more than welcome to come by and experience some new things.

I’m finding most this **** funny. I’m from Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada. So i don’t think that would work.
    But thx for the offer.

You guys
    Hardcore about sound. :)
  • 62caddy

More back pedaling.

Something wrong there?

LOL

LOL what? Eagerly awaiting your explanation.
    Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • F1nut

More back pedaling.

Something wrong there?

LOL

LOL what? Eagerly awaiting your explanation.

LOL

President of Club Polk

• 62caddy
    You already said that. Make your point if you have one.
    Main:
    Vintage:
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I love these type of threads. They make the Internet interesting. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Will someone send me some Cerwin Vaga speakers & I can rock out with while I read this **** :)
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut

LOL

President of Club Polk

• 62caddy
    edited September 2019
    I think you’ve shorted a wire in F1nut. He appears to be stuck in a loop like a malfunctioning robot.

LOL
    Main:
    Vintage:
  • boston1450
    If this continues you leave me no choice but to get my "new to me" girlfriend for the night & eat popcorn :)or0b9ka5yaao.jpg
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Sorry everyone. But this thread needs to end
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    Oh look, it's a troll tag team. Get a room you two.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Sorry everyone. But this thread needs to end

You're right.

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    tonyb wrote: »
    end it ?? Just took the popcorn out of the micro, put on my PJ's....sharpened up my witty responses, poured a glass of wine, I was ready to rock.

I want the old days back where these things went on for weeks. :)

Popcorn and wine...?

Dude, just..... no..... ;-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    end it ?? Just took the popcorn out of the micro, put on my PJ's....sharpened up my witty responses, poured a glass of wine, I was ready to rock.

Popcorn and wine...?

Well, gotta wash that popcorn down with somethin'. I'd drink water but my liver would say WTF is that ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2019
    Will someone send me some Cerwin Vaga speakers & I can rock out with while I read this **** :)

Careful what you wish for. I do still have a pair in stock.
    Know thy enemies, I always say ;)

Ain't it funny that I kept a pair of CVs and sold my Cornies? Simple enough to explain, actually -- the Cornies took up a lot of space and folks'll pay pretty impressive sums of money for 'em. :|

Full disclosure -- the CVs here are very modest ones indeed. Little two-ways.
    24965305118_da1902ab9b_b.jpgCVR12 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Theirs were also the first woofers I refoamed, come to think of it. :)

• boston1450
    Had a pair of E708's I think when I came here. Nice little speakers iirc
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Mark did you do the surrounds on those. They look nice
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Mark did you do the surrounds on those. They look nice

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Full disclosure -- the CVs here are very modest ones indeed. Little two-ways.
    24965305118_da1902ab9b_b.jpgCVR12 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Theirs were also the first woofers I refoamed, come to think of it. :)

:)

• tonyb wrote: »

Popcorn and wine...?

Well, gotta wash that popcorn down with somethin'. I'd drink water but my liver would say WTF is that ? :)

I’m surprised your liver is not saying WTF wine
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    This is absolutely nuts.... most expensive tower speakers in the world

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.whathifi.com/us/amp/features/11-worlds-most-expensive-loudspeakers
    Waste of money.

Don't feed the trolls.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2019
    Reading this thread reminds me of the teenager, who tells their parents how wrong they are and that they in fact are the enlightened ones.

Interesting analogy Tony. And spot on. Teenagers (our very own Micah @mlistens03 excluded of course) demand, and require attention. If none is given, the antics escalate, in an ever desperate attempt to get something they absolutely need. Attention. Hey everyone - Look at me!

But as parents, we know the game, and if we persist, and stay strong, with a little nudge of guidance every now and then, eventually their behavior will change. In other words, they grow up.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    verb wrote: »
    Reading this thread reminds me of the teenager, who tells their parents how wrong they are and that they in fact are the enlightened ones.

Interesting analogy Tony. And spot on. Teenagers (our very own Micah @mlistens03 excluded of course) demand, and require attention. If none is given, the antics escalate, in an ever desperate attempt to get something they absolutely need. Attention. Hey everyone - Look at me!

But as parents, we know the game, and if we persist, and stay strong, with a little nudge of guidance every now and then, eventually their behavior will change. In other words, they grow up.

Aren't you the optimistic one.

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Well your spanking hasn't seemed to work! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.