What amp should i run help please...

Options

Answers

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    352b3k.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • KSD009
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    KSD009 wrote: »
    mahrdy6647 did i hurt your feeling by saying sound cult ?

I am sure he is inconsolable at the moment.

Speaking of "inconsolable"...... :o

h777tq0uep0y.jpg
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mahrdy6647 did i hurt your feeling by saying sound cult ?

I am sure he is inconsolable at the moment.

Speaking of "inconsolable"...... :o

h777tq0uep0y.jpg

thats pretty cool.
  • KSD009
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    a sound cult -- as in opinions outside of the mainstream in terms of hifi reproduction?

... you have no idea...

48315102407_769060669d_b.jpgDSC_5909 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

B)

If i did hurt your feelings. I got milk and cookies for you :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    You didn't hurt his feelings, not even close.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    62caddy wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Last but by no means least, is the sound quality which I find immensely satisfying which seems to bring out the best of whatever speakers it's being used with.

But you stated earlier,
    I used the think the way you do now - whenever I bought new expensive amplifiers - that is until I purchased a device that allows switching between them on the fly. It was humbling, disappointing but immeasurably revealing. Any differences that did/do exist were so minute as to have little to no effect on musical enjoyment.

So, you either think that all amps sound like a Mac or you just stepped on your tail.

"Seems to bring the best" should have been self-explanatory as it was never intended to be declaration of fact in the absolute.

I have also never labored under the delusion that equally satisfying results cannot be obtained with non-McIntosh electronics.

uozy00vxxous.gif

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Flat earthers......

See, if you can't hear the difference or think that everything that is audible has a corresponding measure to it....well, there you go. It's your opinion which isn't likely to be swayed by anyone.....and opinions are like....well you know how that goes.

We've had these arguments before....and will have 'em again. The problem is with folks like Polkadopeajojo and his ilk, is if you actually believe what you are spouting, why are you here at all? What do you care what others think and spend their dough on? Live and let live. Leave us alone....go be an irritating zorch someplace else.

F1 is our J Gordon Holt. In His Ears We Trust.

BDT

• KSD009
    Options
    Last but by no means least, is the sound quality which I find immensely satisfying which seems to bring out the best of whatever speakers it's being used with.

But you stated earlier,
    I used the think the way you do now - whenever I bought new expensive amplifiers - that is until I purchased a device that allows switching between them on the fly. It was humbling, disappointing but immeasurably revealing. Any differences that did/do exist were so minute as to have little to no effect on musical enjoyment.

So, you either think that all amps sound like a Mac or you just stepped on your tail.

"Seems to bring the best" should have been self-explanatory as it was never intended to be declaration of fact in the absolute.

I have also never labored under the delusion that equally satisfying results cannot be obtained with non-McIntosh electronics.

uozy00vxxous.gif

When you say bright what do you mean ?
    I have to say it’s pretty cool there people out there who are into finding the best sound.

Also another question buddy what speakers are out right now by poke if any that are better than the RTI 12 ?
  • F1nut
    Options
    Bright means any one or more of the following. The balance of the speaker has too much treble. An edginess or sharpness to the treble. High frequencies that hurt your ears. Listening fatigue brought on by the treble energy. Peaky and shouty sounds.

Poke?

The LSiM and Signature series.

President of Club Polk

• 62caddy
    62caddy Posts: 137
    Options

But you stated earlier,

uozy00vxxous.gif

Um...no.

Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Pioneer PL-518; A/T 440 MLa; Yamaha CD
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • KSD009
    Options
    Bright means any one or more of the following. The balance of the speaker has too much treble. An edginess or sharpness to the treble. High frequencies that hurt your ears. Listening fatigue brought on by the treble energy. Peaky and shouty sounds.

Poke?

The LSiM and Signature series.

So the LSiM and Signature series are better speakers then the RTI12 ?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I would suggest two Pass X600.5 amps if buying used, or X600.8 if buying new.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Don't let him fool you! Doc Hardy consumes copious cups of Klipsch Kool-Aid!
  • KSD009
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I would suggest two Pass X600.5 amps if buying used, or X600.8 if buying new.
    Ya not spending 15k to 30k on a amp.

• KSD009
    Options
    What do people think about of CERWIN VEGA CMX Series or there XLS Series?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    638.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    What do people think about of CERWIN VEGA CMX Series or there XLS Series?

I try not to think about Cerwin-Vega products at all.
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    At my last job, I once had a conversation about audio equipment with 2 younger fellas, and one of them said Bose were the best sounding speakers there are. The other one said yes, besides Cerwin Vega.

I laughed and walked away while they both had puzzled looks on their faces....

It just means they've yet to experience the power and majesty that was/is Radio Shack's Realistic brand. B)

d0ycjrwb2lyf.png

source: www.radioshackcatalogs.com (1976)
  • 62caddy
    edited September 2019
    Options
    BDT wrote: »
    Flat earthers......

See, if you can't hear the difference or think that everything that is audible has a corresponding measure to it....well, there you go. It's your opinion which isn't likely to be swayed by anyone.....and opinions are like....well you know how that goes.

We've had these arguments before....and will have 'em again. The problem is with folks like Polkadopeajojo and his ilk, is if you actually believe what you are spouting, why are you here at all? What do you care what others think and spend their dough on? Live and let live. Leave us alone....go be an irritating zorch someplace else.

BDT

You trust him then; I will make my own judgments. I daresay I've done a lot more by way of critical listening experimentation before arriving at any of them- which is lot more than can be said for the majority posters I've encountered in a number of hi fi forums, who for whatever reasons are disinclined to put their beliefs to the test.

What is especially telling is the rabid manner in which a certain point of view is defended and usually combined with persecution of those who don't share it when they make their positions known.

The problem is with folks like Polkadopeajojo and his ilk, is if you actually believe what you are spouting, why are you here at all?

Translation: The Polk Forum is welcoming only to those of a singular mindset. Is that what you are spouting? If so, that's the gravest problem of all.
    Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Well I must admit, back when I was around 20 I did own a pair of Mach II's. I picked them up during one of Radio Shacks often BOGO sales. At the time, they were great for blasting Judas Priest to near concert levels while I was um, enhanced

One thing I miss about speakers of those days in general is that almost all of them seemed to use real wood veneer finishes, instead of cheap looking and feeling vinyl. I commend Polk for using real wood veneer on the Rti/A lines that most people could afford. I wonder if the new Legend Series continues that tradition?

The Mach Two is actually not a bad sounding loudspeaker; head and shoulders above the Mach One IMO. The bugbear with the Mach Two was/is the foam surround on the midrange driver, as I recall.

10169470926_8cc1f21ba4_b.jpgMach Two on DIY Polkstand by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• KSD009
    Options
    So you would go with polk over CERWIN VEGA. The spec are decent on there speakers. Thats why i’m asking you guys know 1000 times more then me.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Polk is a step up
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    Options
    Flat earthers......

BDT

You trust him then; I will make my own judgments. I daresay I've done a lot more by way of critical listening experimentation before arriving at any of them- which is lot more than can be said for the majority posters I've encountered in a number of hi fi forums, who for whatever reasons are disinclined to put their beliefs to the test.

What is especially telling is the rabid manner in which a certain point of view is defended and usually combined with persecution of those who don't share it when they make their positions known.

The problem is with folks like Polkadopeajojo and his ilk, is if you actually believe what you are spouting, why are you here at all?

Translation: The Polk Forum is welcoming only to those of a singular mindset. Is that what you are spouting? If so, that's the gravest problem of all.

LOL.....you spout the same opinions at AK where there are more folks with less personal experience with better gear than found here, which is the reason for the push back. We know better and refuse to entertain narrow minds and naysayers.

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Walmart sells Cerwin Vegas :)
    Randy/Maine
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited September 2019
    Options
    So, you would go with polk over CERWIN VEGA? The specs are decent on their speakers. Thats why i’m asking. You guys know 1000 times more then me.

Fixed

Yes, we would pick Polk over CV... I mean, this IS a Polk forum after all.

Spec sheets offer only a fuzzy glimpse into how a speaker can sound, at best.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    At my last job, I once had a conversation about audio equipment with 2 younger fellas, and one of them said Bose were the best sounding speakers there are. The other one said yes, besides Cerwin Vega.

I don’t see the issue - all speakers sound the same.

Any differences that do exist are so minute as to have little or no effect on musical enjoyment....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• 62caddy
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

I don’t see the issue - all speakers sound the same.

Any differences that do exist are so minute as to have little or no effect on musical enjoyment....

My words in italics specifically referred to the amplifiers that I've compared. Suggest you read the the thread where my participation began.

Main:
    Vintage:
  • 62caddy
    Options

Flat earthers......

BDT

LOL.....you spout the same opinions at AK where there are more folks with less personal experience with better gear than found here, which is the reason for the push back. We know better and refuse to entertain narrow minds and naysayers.

d4c5vkkkie9j.png

Main:
    Vintage:
  • F1nut
    Options

Flat earthers......

BDT

d4c5vkkkie9j.png

Yep, you've got a big old bag of nothing.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    q2ytrkplpmm9.gif
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson