• KSD009
    Options
    q2ytrkplpmm9.gif

Who are you referring to as the troll ?
  • KSD009
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    KSD009 wrote: »
    So, you would go with polk over CERWIN VEGA? The specs are decent on their speakers. Thats why i’m asking. You guys know 1000 times more then me.

Fixed

Yes, we would pick Polk over CV... I mean, this IS a Polk forum after all.

Spec sheets offer only a fuzzy glimpse into how a speaker can sound, at best.

Thanks tips i know this is a polk forum.

Even tough this is a polk forum you guys seem to know sound, so would know about other speakers too.
  • KSD009
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    At my last job, I once had a conversation about audio equipment with 2 younger fellas, and one of them said Bose were the best sounding speakers there are. The other one said yes, besides Cerwin Vega.

I laughed and walked away while they both had puzzled looks on their faces....

I don’t see the issue - all speakers sound the same.

Any differences that do exist are so minute as to have little or no effect on musical enjoyment....

All speakers sound the same ?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Walmart sells Cerwin Vegas :)

Well -- I mean, Best Buy sells (some) Polks. :/
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    At my last job, I once had a conversation about audio equipment with 2 younger fellas, and one of them said Bose were the best sounding speakers there are. The other one said yes, besides Cerwin Vega.

Any differences that do exist are so minute as to have little or no effect on musical enjoyment....

I was applying the transitive property (sarcastically) to the statement made about amplifiers all sounding the same - sounds ridiculous when applied to speakers, and it should sound just as ridiculous when applied to amplifiers.

And no, you most assuredly are not the troll...:-)
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• KSD009
    Options

I was applying the transitive property (sarcastically) to the statement made about amplifiers all sounding the same - sounds ridiculous when applied to speakers, and it should sound just as ridiculous when applied to amplifiers.

And no, you most assuredly are not the troll...:-)

Thank you for info and help everyone.
    So i’m going to buy a new avr and amp and set it up again for mom and dad.

Then i’m going to start looking at putting one together for me.

The reason i asked about CERWIN VEGA is they put out huge sound.

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,057
    Options
    Not from my own experience, but from my understanding
    Cerwin Vega are great party speakers.

AVR: Really happy with my Marantz. Also had a Yamaha briefly that I really liked. I had a Denon that I wasn’t crazy about, but others love Denon and they have a good reputation. I’d probably go with one of those brands.

Amp: Love my Parasound. I don’t have as much experience with amps. Adcom was my first and they can usually be had for a good price. I really liked my Emotiva,, but can’t recommend it for the Rti series: Had a couple of Carvers that we’re very nice. Never heard a B&K, but hear they are nice: You can’t go wrong with Parasound.

Good luck and let ups know what you end up getting:
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Man I spent most of the day in the basement working on stuff and totally immersed in Fear Inoculum, only to now catch up on this thread. LOL! :)

I should have made some popcorn! :)

@KSD009 let us know what you get and keep us informed!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • KSD009
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Not from my own experience, but from my understanding
    Cerwin Vega are great party speakers.

AVR: Really happy with my Marantz. Also had a Yamaha briefly that I really liked. I had a Denon that I wasn’t crazy about, but others love Denon and they have a good reputation. I’d probably go with one of those brands.

Amp: Love my Parasound. I don’t have as much experience with amps. Adcom was my first and they can usually be had for a good price. I really liked my Emotiva,, but can’t recommend it for the Rti series: Had a couple of Carvers that we’re very nice. Never heard a B&K, but hear they are nice: You can’t go wrong with Parasound.

Good luck and let ups know what you end up getting:

Ya i have been at house parities or on the lake Cerwin Vega pound they put out.......

I’m not sure what avr i’m going to go with but it will be one you guys suggestion same the amp. I want to see what these RTI12 can do for out put.

I remember when i put this all together i wanted to achieve theatre sound in a home but i did not know much. All i did was take what i thought was the best and had the most out put and built it that way. Like don’t get me wrong the sound is loud and pounds but i alway new it could do a lot better.

So ya i will keep you guys updated.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    After reading four pages of your posts I have to say... Cerwin Vega's are probably perfect for you.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • daddyjt
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    After reading four pages of your posts I have to say... Cerwin Vega's are probably perfect for you.

^^Signature material.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Post edited by FestYboy on
  • KSD009
    Options

No one is asking you to be apart of this post.
    I asked a question. I’m not going to buy Cerwin Vega.

Im hear leaning what you guys say.
    Simple
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited September 2019
    Options

Simple

I meant it sincerely. You haven't once mentioned imaging, sound stage, tonal balance, nothing. You have mentioned the word pound several times.

Get a pair of Cerwin Vega's and the biggest sub SVS makes.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options

Nevermind, waste of time.

He has been on my list since his first day...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,685
    Options

Apart of this post? As in "separate from"? :p
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Simple

What?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,685
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Simple

What?

5h0uiwym5y1g.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Not from my own experience, but from my understanding Cerwin Vega are great party speakers.

I mean, so would be JBLs or Altecs or EV Sentry 'disco monitors' or even Heritage Klipsches -- might as well have decent sounding party speakers. The C-Vs... umm... yeah, no.
  • 62caddy
    62caddy Posts: 137
    Options

I was applying the transitive property (sarcastically) to the statement made about amplifiers all sounding the same

And you didn't even get that right because nowhere was that said in this thread.

But then, who can doubt one's ability to discern between amplifiers when one can't even accurately relate what was said (and what was not) in black & white.

Or was it a case of transitive properties?

Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Pioneer PL-518; A/T 440 MLa; Yamaha CD
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Reading this thread reminds me of the teenager, who tells their parents how wrong they are and that they in fact are the enlightened ones.

If your opinions follow the "all amps sound the same" mantra, then you haven't had enough life experiences in audio to form any other opinion but that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    Options
    62caddy wrote: »

I was applying the transitive property (sarcastically) to the statement made about amplifiers all sounding the same

And you didn't even get that right because nowhere was that said in this thread.

But then, who can doubt one's ability to discern between amplifiers when one can't even accurately relate what was said (and what was not) in black & white.

Apparently I do not understand your post then. Please explain how the text below (cut & pasted, word for word) means something other than all amplifiers sound the same.

“I used the think the way you do now - whenever I bought new expensive amplifiers - that is until I purchased a device that allows switching between them on the fly. It was humbling, disappointing but immeasurably revealing. Any differences that did/do exist were so minute as to have little to no effect on musical enjoyment.

All the same, I do appreciate well constructed, high quality equipment that is aesthetically pleasing and do not mind paying a premium for those qualities. Resale value value is another important consideration as well. However, audible differences between most electronics is on a negligible order of magnitude far beyond my ears to discern and it is my opinion that the same holds true for the vast majority of the populace -whether they choose to admit it or not.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Options
    So you would go with polk over CERWIN VEGA. The spec are decent on there speakers. Thats why i’m asking you guys know 1000 times more then me.

I sincerely hope you aren't as dumb as you sound. If you can't cop to that....have someone sanity check your posts before hitting the post comment button.

BDT

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Options
    BDT wrote: »
    Flat earthers......

See, if you can't hear the difference or think that everything that is audible has a corresponding measure to it....well, there you go. It's your opinion which isn't likely to be swayed by anyone.....and opinions are like....well you know how that goes.

We've had these arguments before....and will have 'em again. The problem is with folks like Polkadopeajojo and his ilk, is if you actually believe what you are spouting, why are you here at all? What do you care what others think and spend their dough on? Live and let live. Leave us alone....go be an irritating zorch someplace else.

F1 is our J Gordon Holt. In His Ears We Trust.

BDT

You trust him then; I will make my own judgments. I daresay I've done a lot more by way of critical listening experimentation before arriving at any of them- which is lot more than can be said for the majority posters I've encountered in a number of hi fi forums, who for whatever reasons are disinclined to put their beliefs to the test.

What is especially telling is the rabid manner in which a certain point of view is defended and usually combined with persecution of those who don't share it when they make their positions known.

The problem is with folks like Polkadopeajojo and his ilk, is if you actually believe what you are spouting, why are you here at all?

Translation: The Polk Forum is welcoming only to those of a singular mindset. Is that what you are spouting? If so, that's the gravest problem of all.

No, actually the opposite. We are a pretty live/let live group. We have some faith in what we hear. Folks like Ropeapolkajuju....and perhaps yourself.....want to proclaim that unless you do things *this* way *your* way is invalid.

I'm not a person that believes that not everything that we can discern has a corresponding measurement to it. Those that do, bully for you. Go **** in a tin can...call it hifi and leave the rest of us alone.

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options

More back pedaling.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 62caddy
    62caddy Posts: 137
    edited September 2019
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

More back pedaling.

More illiteracy - three times...and counting.

Main:
    McIntosh: MC 2155, MC 2125(x2), MR 80, C 32, MQ 101; Snell J7; Polk: RTiA7, RTiA9;
    Pioneer PL-518; A/T 440 MLa; Yamaha CD
    Vintage:
    McIntosh: MX110Z, MC 2505, MC 240, Thorens TD 145; Shure V15III; Altec 14, Boston T1000; Yamaha CDX 393 CD; Yamaha Cass
  • KSD009
    KSD009 Posts: 33
    edited September 2019
    Options
    A

Simple

I meant it sincerely. You haven't once mentioned imaging, sound stage, tonal balance, nothing. You have mentioned the word pound several times.

Get a pair of Cerwin Vega's and the biggest sub SVS makes.

The reason i have not mentioned imaging, sound stage, tonal balance because i don’t know what that stuff is
    If you did read through the four pages of comments like you said, you would of understood i’m newbie to this and I have no clue what those words mean.
    Post edited by KSD009 on
  • KSD009
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Simple

What?

Meaning i’m taking in what you guys have to say
  • KSD009
    KSD009 Posts: 33
    edited September 2019
    Options
    BDT wrote: »
    So you would go with polk over CERWIN VEGA. The spec are decent on there speakers. Thats why i’m asking you guys know 1000 times more then me.

I sincerely hope you aren't as dumb as you sound. If you can't cop to that....have someone sanity check your posts before hitting the post comment button.

BDT

How do i sound dumb? Because i don’t know much on this topic ? No **** i don’t. Lol. To sit there and call some dumb who is learning on the topic make you an idiot.

This is not a main streem topic. So i would 98% of people or even higher know **** all on this topic. So are they all dumb???