Laid off

Comments

• I'll take full credit for you landing the interview.

TOTALLY KIDDING

Seriously, that's great news. I hope it all goes exceedingly well for you.
  • warrenwarren Posts: 665
    If you leave will America still be great?
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • verbverb Posts: 7,657
    You got this!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,254
    Best of Luck Drew! Show them what you got!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,420
    Best of luck!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • Good luck my dude!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • warrenwarren Posts: 665
    That’s what counts!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,006
    Just ask yourself before you go in... "What would Lightman do?"

Then do the exact opposite.

That meine Damen und Herren is signature worthy material right there. :)
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,118
    btv3wos9a0dn.png

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,305
    edited September 2018
    Good luck Drew! This is the time of your interview. May God be with you! ;) o:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,251
    Hermitism wrote: »
    We expect a FULL review of your interview!

How was the overall presentation? Did the interviewer sound extremely smooth and pleasant? Did he/she have a "polite" sound or was his voice full of grit, grain and hash? How was the benefits package? Did you specifically "hear" the terms in the fine detail. Do you feel the company is performing at the highest level? Were you blown away by the spectacular clarity and dynamic punch of the beginning salary offered? Do you think that if you take the job that you will be fully engaged in the work or just "simply there"? How was the build quality/appearance of your surroundings? Were all the exits clearly marked and exiting at a straight "90 degree" angle from the surrounding walls or did you feel that some exit doors were slightly askew? How was the ambient lighting in the building? Crisper and a little brighter than what you are normally used to? Indoor climate? Were you pretty accustomed to it's operating temp? Will you be required to commit to any conditioning before starting? Or training, perhaps? Will you be working in an office or cubical? If a cubicle applies to you, what are the surrounding cubicle walls made of and will it increase the clarity that may manifest itself into more detail and breath around vocals? Or do voices carry across the room?

dead. :p

I hope there was no "hum" involved in the hiring process.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    We expect a FULL review of your interview!

How was the overall presentation? Did the interviewer sound extremely smooth and pleasant? Did he/she have a "polite" sound or was his voice full of grit, grain, and hash? How was the benefits package? Did you specifically "hear" the terms in the fine detail. Do you feel the company is performing at the highest level? Were you blown away by the spectacular clarity and dynamic punch of the beginning salary offered? Do you think that if you take the job that you will be fully engaged in the work or just "simply there"? How was the build quality/appearance of your surroundings? Were all the exits clearly marked and exiting at a straight "90 degree" angle from the surrounding walls or did you feel that some exit doors were slightly askew? How was the ambient lighting in the building? Crisper and a little brighter than what you are normally used to? Indoor climate? Were you pretty accustomed to it's operating temp? Will you be required to commit to any conditioning before starting? Or training, perhaps? Will you be working in an office or cubical? If a cubicle applies to you, what are the surrounding cubicle walls made of and will it increase the clarity that may manifest itself into more detail and breath around vocals? Or do voices carry across the room?

LOL. This might be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum... and that is saying a LOT.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
    LMVAO @ "polite" :p
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,541
    Viking64 wrote: »
    LMVAO @ "polite" :p
    Drew gets credit for that!
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I also noticed that overall the sound had a very polite and smoothed over attribute to it that wasn't there before. One way to describe it in other terms would be "heavenly and angelic". Basically when I heard the way the music was sounding I thought to myself "Mmm, that's nice." - It was pleasant and unoffensive.

In summary, there were definitely some palpable changes I noticed with this Dectet cable swap. The shifted presentation and additional midrange detail are positive, in my opinion. The smooth and polite sound signature and possible reduction in bass frequencies require further consideration and listening before I can also consider them positive changes.
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,458
    :#
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,327
    Welll how did it go?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    His right eye twitched the entire time he was being interviewed due to my voodoo doll. The potential employer was under the impression that Drew had Tourette Syndrome. They had to hire him on the spot due to The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
    This picture was taken at the interview....

we0kcsxh36wr.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,458
    I’m thinking the no response is a good thing.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    The employer wrote on the rock whether he was hired or not. At least he was wearing cowboy boots.

And that snazzy sport poncho looks good too.

• No response yet, perhaps he unwittingly became part of the #metoo movement.
    Drew gets credit for that!

I recall. Thus my enthusiasm for your initial questions. :p
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,138
    Tony M wrote: »
    Good luck Drew! This is the time of your interview. May God be with you! ;) o:)

Tony was a little early on the prayers this morning, he started them at 2:30pm EST instead of PST!

All good though, because the interview went well! Met with four different people lasting a full 2 hours. Got along nicely with the IT Director and a would-be coworker. HR guy was super energetic. Would-be manager was a little scattered and seemed stressed. He did say as soon as he sat down that he "didn't like doing interviews" so maybe it's just not his strong point.

So yeah, I think it was good! Thanks again for everyone's positive vibes, I think it really made a difference!

Also I read @Hermitism's post beforehand and got a kick out of it. Answers to his questions coming soon!
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,305
    edited September 2018
    Sounds great. If you get along with an interviewer or 4, you're almost hired.
    I hope you hear something asap.

:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.