Laid off

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,426
    Awesome news Drew!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,126
    Answers in bold.
    Hermitism wrote: »
    We expect a FULL review of your interview!

How was the overall presentation?
    Stereophile Class B
    Did the interviewer sound extremely smooth and pleasant?
    Director was on the forward side of neutral, would-be coworker was on the warm and slightly laid back side of neutral, HR guy was on the bright side of neutral, would-be manager had slightly incoherent and jumbled sound
    Did he/she have a "polite" sound or was his voice full of grit, grain and hash?
    The aural attribute of a "polite" sound was not noticed with any of the interviewers. I was not able to detect any grit, grain or hash
    How was the benefits package? Did you specifically "hear" the terms in the fine detail.
    Good to very good. However I noticed some of the finer details were being glossed over.
    Do you feel the company is performing at the highest level?
    "The Company" itself appears to be Stereophile Class A material. The IT department specifically is not performing at what I could consider to be the "highest level". Additional tweaks needed.
    Were you blown away by the spectacular clarity and dynamic punch of the beginning salary offered?
    I was not underwhelmed, but I was not blown away.
    Do you think that if you take the job that you will be fully engaged in the work or just "simply there"?
    From what I gathered regarding the operations within the department, I would be fully engaged in the work.
    How was the build quality/appearance of your surroundings?
    Build quality seemed high to very high. Primarily modern design.
    Were all the exits clearly marked and exiting at a straight "90 degree" angle from the surrounding walls or did you feel that some exit doors were slightly askew?
    Didn't notice any exit signs.
    How was the ambient lighting in the building?
    On the moderate side. Unoffensive.
    Crisper and a little brighter than what you are normally used to?
    Definitely a little cooler/dimmer than what I'm used to.
    Indoor climate?
    The building temperature overall seemed comfortable, but the small closed door conference room quickly got hot and stuffy. Inadequate ventilation?
    Were you pretty accustomed to it's operating temp?
    See above. Not nearly enough airflow.
    Will you be required to commit to any conditioning before starting? Or training, perhaps?
    Should be primarily plug and play, but 40-80 hours of break in time should not be unexpected.
    Will you be working in an office or cubical?
    I believe cubical unfortunately
    If a cubicle applies to you, what are the surrounding cubicle walls made of and will it increase the clarity that may manifest itself into more detail and breath around vocals?
    I didn't get close enough to examine the texture and sturdiness of the cubicle walls, but they appeared to be the half height variety. As a result I would think this would manifest itself as a slight reverb.
    Or do voices carry across the room?
    While I was waiting in the conference room, I could easily hear every word of a phone conversation that someone nearby was having. This seems to point to an extremely low noise floor, a mostly black background with the exception of a very faint HVAC whirring white noise

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,631
    No exits?? In that case, try to find a window that will let you out easily or something, in case you have a prankster for a co-worker, like this guy.

:p
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,298
    edited September 2018
    You can start working here anytime you like...but... :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    edited September 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave?
    See my post above. :# ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,428
    Great news, I got a call from their HR rep this morning. They're going to proceed with preparing an offer for me! I should expect to hear back from them next week with the details. Hell yeah!

Congrats man. Though things might have happened quicker if you did this Italian style. An envelope of cash, and a tray of Cannoli's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Great news, I got a call from their HR rep this morning. They're going to proceed with preparing an offer for me! I should expect to hear back from them next week with the details. Hell yeah!

That's fantastic; congrats.

I stand by my original claim.

:)
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,842
    Congrats Drew that’s great!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,297
    tonyb wrote: »

Congrats man. Though things might have happened quicker if you did this Italian style. An envelope of cash, and a tray of Cannoli's.

I told him to ask what Lightman would do and then do the exact opposite.... I think that advice is what worked.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,455

Congratulations man, seems you nailed it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer wrote: »

Congratulations man, seems you nailed it.

Now don't blow this one like you did the last one. Jk.
  • verbverb Posts: 7,637

I had no doubt! Congrats!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,420
    Congratulations!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    Hell had nothing to do with it... then again...you haven't worked there yet. ;)

Time will tell. :)
  • Super awesome dude!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verbverb Posts: 7,637
    Tony M wrote: »
    Hell had nothing to do with it... then again...you haven't worked there yet. ;)

Time will tell. :)

Agreed! Talented folks are rather immune to poor decisions made by corporate HR departments, IMO.

And I'd like to think that the outpouring of support, well wishes, encouragement, and yes, prayers, gave our beloved @clipdat a little boost over the finish line!

Well done Drew! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,488
    That's great news....congrats.
    verb wrote: »
    And I'd like to think that the outpouring of support, well wishes, encouragement, and yes, prayers, gave our beloved @clipdat a little boost over the finish line!

I agree, Dave. Also maybe all those good Karma giveaways I hosted this year are now paying off!

I'm extremely thankful for everyone who has supported me in this thread! I sincerely appreciate all the posts.

I'm slightly apprehensive to start fully celebrating until I sign that offer letter, but wow, seems like this whole situation has worked out perfectly.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,297
    A 12 pack of Sam Adams sounds nice. Shoot me a PM and I will give you the address to send it to. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    edited September 2018
    Der duh der.
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,068
    Congrats!

Now I hope to have the same luck as u!
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
  • This picture was taken at the interview....

we0kcsxh36wr.jpeg

This is fake news! I did not attend that interview.

Good job @Clipdat. The audio industry definitely needs people with money so this is great news!
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 584
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Fios.