Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player

123457»

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 5,092
    Yeah I heard similar comments about the clicking. You gonna keep it?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,885
    The only relay clicking commentary I came across in my pretty thorough search was in regards to the normal operational relay clicks that happen when playing and stopping. Didn't see anyone else discussing random relay clicks while the unit was powered off.

I don't have any plans to sell it, to answer your question. It's not hooked up at the moment though since I had been using a different player for a while. Waiting on a preamp currently, so once my system is back up and running I'll get it back into the mix with the new Siemens tubes.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 5,092
    This mod has me intrigued. Kinda like Toolfan's Oppo mod, but back in the day for the Marantz. Keep us posted!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • halohalo Posts: 4,879
    Clipdat wrote: »
    The only relay clicking commentary I came across in my pretty thorough search was in regards to the normal operational relay clicks that happen when playing and stopping. Didn't see anyone else discussing random relay clicks while the unit was powered off.

I don't have any plans to sell it, to answer your question. It's not hooked up at the moment though since I had been using a different player for a while. Waiting on a preamp currently, so once my system is back up and running I'll get it back into the mix with the new Siemens tubes.

What preamp are you waiting on Drew?
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,885
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
123457»