sda srs 2.3 modifications

13»

Comments

• Thanks Gimpod - really appreciate the advice.

I did end up getting them working temporarily - yes, my soldering had to be redone in a few places, but they definitely sounded improved. However, I was not at all happy or proud of the jerry rigging required, and they most certainly would have been a source of problems down the road - so I didn't even bother to put the passives back on to really give them a listen - so, the overall improvement is unknown at this point.

Parts are now de-soldered and patiently awaiting your bigger and better boards to arrive. Resisters actually checked out ok, but they are inexpensive and as I needed some more items from sonic craft anyways, I just re-ordered to start fresh with new resister and full leads.

Lots to learn - enjoying the journey.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,618
    edited October 2017
    Please for the love of God, it's RESISTOR.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• F1nut wrote: »
    Please for the love of God, it's RESISTOR.

Ha - noted !
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,462
    Resisters get beat about the head and neck by the po po B)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,605
    If Charlize Theron tried to get me in bed, I would not resisther.
  • Sweet sound of success ! Received the custom Gimpod boards from David at DHS. These were a joy to work with, lots of space for everything. Most importantly, the upgraded XO's sound amazing. I've read in places that they require a break-in period, not sure if this is true, but in any event I honestly can't imagine them getting any better.

Thanks all for the advice and patience with this. I'm really enjoying the 2.3's again !
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,169
    glad they worked out. 200+ hours burn-in minimum.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,018
    ^^^^^
    They will get better.
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 24 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • I was amazed at the improvement
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Polk m5jr
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

13»