Receiver with pre outs or preamp

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    There is older gear that puts new gear to shame man
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Indeed sir! I had set of Denon POA-1500 power amps that were monsters in smallish chassis. Old gear kicks arse! No shame at all.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think that GE is pretty cool actually.

JmTX7zb.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks guys and I love the older stuff but I cant buy it then have a issue and have to ship it out to be repaired. I have one receiver left from 1977 that I gave to my 13 yr old son and he loves it. Man I wish I had those speakers for the GE, when both kids are out on there own I want to have the GE serviced so it can be used. Thanks for the pic.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    It would make a good dining room radio for during dinner or a bedroom radio for morning/night. It's awfully old, I'd be careful about using it at all until it has been looked over.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Realistic
    Options
    My thing with the older receivers is I would always be wondering if it is sounding like it did when it was built, and I wouldn't know that unless I had it recapped and tuned up. My intention was to buy a older Marantz receiver to run the parasound but they are very pricey and I would have to have the above done to it. And I have read that some receivers with pre outs don't sound as good when hooked up to a separate amp. You guys gave me piece of mind recommending the p5 so I figure prasound and parasound together should be a perfect fit.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Yes it would be awesome to have it out in the living room, people could see it then. I ran it for about 2hrs when I got it and the hum got progressively worse. Yes I agree with you I wont be using it again until I get her modernized so to speak. They talk about the black cap of death and possible shock from the old tube stuff.
  • Realistic
    Options
    My first receiver was that Lafayette and I love the old stuff and I would love to have another old receiver but I cant afford to buy a receiver and have it tuned up.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Its a bummer not being able to use the amp, the h/k has no pre outs.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Man I am second guessing myself, should I get another vintage receiver and buy a stand alone dac or just stick with the p5. Confused all over again, I do it to myself by reading to much and thinking about it to much. I have read that a stand alone dac will always perform better than a dac integrated into the unit. Well im going to hold my ground and stay on the parasound path. I just had to ramble to make myself feel better lol.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I would not want vintage as my main system. Vintage is great in the bedroom, my girlfriend likes her hair pulled when the vintage is playing.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Well motorhead all my stuff is in the bedroom at this time, gonna fire up some zeppelin and give that a try on the wife. lol...
  • lightman1
    Options
    Buy it!!! For cryin out loud!!!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    Well motorhead all my stuff is in the bedroom at this time, gonna fire up some zeppelin and give that a try on the wife. lol...

https://youtu.be/Q0utAHY3xo4
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Realistic
    Options
    I am going to buy it lightman It would be foolish not to, I think it will be a great upgrade to what I have been using. Thanks for the zep txcoastal but I have it all on 33 and cd lol.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Ok guys I have decided to use the card to get the parasound, I have half the cash and I will have the rest when the tax check comes in so I will be able to pay it off asap. I really want to invest in a stand for my stuff but for now the old dresser and little table I have the amp on will have to work.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Nice

Contact Skip

call us at 817-919-5637 or email us at skip@audiothesis.com.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Realistic
    Options
    Its done it be here in a week and a half and he threw in a power cable for FREE. Thanks guys. I will keep ya posted. Bob.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Ya know I was so nervous I don't even remember what type of power cable he was nice enough to throw in. Once I get this paid off I am going to buy a nice component stand for all my stuff.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    It would be wireworld power cord.

• Realistic
    Options
    Thanks motorhead, I was so amped up placing the order I couldn't remember how to get into my PayPal.....
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Congrats on your order. If you peek at Craigslist or Goodwill/Salvation Army's & other thrift shops you can find decent ones on a budget. I paid 35 & 20 for these. There not new but they work for me. They are sturdy. cteqid08p80m.png
    ku4jx73f1g6d.png
    Down the road when all my upgrades are done & all my cables are done-i will change them out.
    Randy/Maine
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks, I love the RtR. I would like one some day I have a old tape deck too. Nice stuff.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Boston I do look on cl and ebay the ones on ebay they wont ship and have yet to find anything local on cl.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Right on Bob!! Congrats. Your ears and musical soul will thank you.
    Rock and Roll Big Daddy!!
    Lightman Russ,
    Local troll
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks man, I am excited and nervous. I have never owned anything like this. I went with the silver.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Remember black is beautiful

bajx43ab6eid.jpg

but silver is pretty.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Silver is special

And every morning when the little yellow bus came to pick me up for school, my momma always said "remember you're special"

• txcoastal1
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Silver is special

And every morning when the little yellow bus came to pick me up for school, my momma always said "remember you're special"

And your wife now continues that tradition. Question: Is it the same bus driver after all these years? Remember not to talk to strangers...

Yup same hag

• Realistic
    Options
    I like the silver because it reminds me of the old receivers that I sold off to help pay for it. So in a way the silver parasound is thanking the old gear for sacrificing themselves for the cause.