Receiver with pre outs or preamp

Options

Comments

• Realistic
    Realistic Posts: 355
    Options
    When I was in high school I used to get a ride from a buddy with a 66 442. That's what got me hooked on the old iron. Tony did you do any work in good fellas involving the trunk of a Pontiac and a steak knife lol.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    When I was in high school I used to get a ride from a buddy with a 66 442. That's what got me hooked on the old iron. Tony did you do any work in good fellas involving the trunk of a Pontiac and a steak knife lol.

He'll never tell....and you really don't want to know B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    zshlkf63q58u.jpg
    Tonyb...the early years
  • Realistic
    Options
    The parasound has been sold ,bummer. I will keep looking for one of those and if I see something else I will be back asking opinions. Thanks.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited January 2016
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

He'll never tell....and you really don't want to know B)

That reminds me.....I still need to give that knife back to my mother. Eh....she has plenty anyway,

Realistic,
    Where are you located ? Chicago's Craigslist has a B&k 307 receiver for 200. Has a great pre-amp section, 7 channels of beefy power, and a decent dac to boot. Can't go wrong with it for music imho.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Realistic
    Options
    Upstate NY. Very small country town. Thanks Tony. Bob.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    My first car was a 69 Pontiac Catalina ragtop. In the mid 2000's I bought a 2000 Pontiac trains am ragtop. Before the 2000, I had a 72 cutlass ragtop.

I've always had some type of sports ragtop for spring / summer. 2 years ago I went Chevy for the ragtop with an 07 vette with the z51 suspension.

BTW welcome to the audio rabbit hole!!

You said upstate NY yes? Lots of audio people that direction. How far is Liverpool from you. Signature sound is out that direction.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Nice list of cars, my wife would love a vette but with two kids still at home the only vette I can afford for her is the ground pounding chevette lol. Liverpool is about a 1-1/2 hrs from me. Do they have a web site? Thanks for the welcome and the info. Ihad a 71 cutlass hard top 350 olds rocket that I introduced to a tree, for some reason I had forgotten that it did not like speed and corners but that's what young and stupid will get you.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I also have a 69 Mercury Cougar with the original paint and 34,681 original miles.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Realistic
    Options
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,340
    Options
    My dream car was a '70 Buick GSX Stage 1 (Stage 2 parts available at the dealer) in either color, Saturn Yellow or Apollo White.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • Realistic
    Options
    Hi guys I just wanted to update the preamp fund raiser. I sold the Lafayette and Toshiba receivers, the pioneer and polk monitor 10 speakers. That leaves me with the Harman kardon 385i 30w per but that little guy sounds pretty good. Cant use the parasound that little guy has no pre outs. Only speakers I have left are the sda 2s and there keepers. So I have 550.00 so far, im thinking it will take a couple more months to come up with the rest of the money for the parasound p5. Iam also going to check out signature sound that ernie told me about.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Signature Sound is way beyond my budget, lots of really nice stuff though.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    When you are ready get pm Dskip for a quote on the P5. Great guy to deal with
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    ^^^^^ What txcoastal1 said.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • lightman1
    Options
    ^^^^^what machone said. ;)
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^^what lightman said^^^

And the bear went over the mountain.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Realistic
    Options
    I will do that for two reasons, you guys recommended him and because he is a member here. Plus you guys seem like very trustworthy people and have given me nothing but spot on advice. Thanks again to all of you. Bob.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Here are pics of what I have or had.7jwpz164anh0.jpg Yes that is a old dresser modified. A rack is next on the list.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    That receiver second to bottom is gasping for air, choking in its own heat.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Realistic
    Options
    yoela2h1fdf8.jpg Ireally like this tape deck, its a tank sound pretty good but the motor is crapping out.
  • Realistic
    Options
    inqe9i964t48.jpg Just sold this one.
  • Realistic
    Options
    diipmv6smtsx.jpg This old tube receiver works but has a pretty audible hum so shes in the closet.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Hi nightfall its not in use ever down there, I just sold that one yesterday it a Lafayette lr-9090. I put whichever one I use on the top of the old dresser and move the TT to a little table next to the dresser. The only receiver I have left is the little H/K I can put that and the TT next to each other on top. I just wanted you guys to see the before I met you guys and I will show you the upgrades and improvements as I go, with the help from you all of course.
  • Realistic
    Options
    I told you guys I am low budget, but I am working on improving.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Cooking with class, Bob!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Dude you have flavor B)

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    What model is that GE?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    Options
    I told you guys I am low budget, but I am working on improving.

We can fix that for ya! :p
  • Realistic
    Options
    Its a t-3000a. It has TT and tape rca jacks. I don't have the original speakers they were in non repairable condition. Now she heads back to the closet. I have more pics of her but I didn't think you guys would dig it, or any of my other stuff to be honest. I kinda feel like the ford pinto wagon parked next to a 70 T/A.