Receiver with pre outs or preamp

Options

Comments

• Realistic
    Realistic Posts: 355
    Options
    Ha I am fixed so that's a no go lol. You guys are great. Ya know tony you have me thinking, I will look around when it warms up a little.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Hi guys could I hook up my amp to this parasound avc-1800? I cant tell if it has pre outs. I know its probably a stupid question but I have no idea. Thanks.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    all processors have pre outs....the back should be clearly labeled. So your answer is yes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks Tony. I see no label or markings pre or main though that's why I asked. Thanks again for your help. I am thinking of getting one of these parasound php-850 preamp. The price is more in line with what I can afford at this time.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    iitto26018ot.jpg
    Back side of the php850.
    vc1wyzss6onr.jpg
    Back side of the avc.
    Both have the preouts you're looking for.
    But the avc is for home theater whereas the the 850 is your straight up two channels of sexy music lovin'! ;)
    Have at it, slick!
    Be careful...Tonyb will shake you down for money for giving advise.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Man your funny, I needed a laugh. Tony will have to wait to see what I have left after my wife gets her share lol.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    You are going two channel, correct.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    Options
    C'mon Russ, be nice....I haven't done that in um....hold on I'm counting.....can I borrow some fingers ?

Realistic,

The stereo pre amp has the outputs labeled as "Line output", same thing. The avc 1800 is located on the right bottom as "main output".
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Realistic
    Options
    Man I love hanging out here. Yup 2 ch only. What do you think of the parasound php 850? 160 for it or there is a 1500 for 450. I know after listening to the amp every day since I have gotten it I don't want to make it any softer than it is. I think that is how to describe it, it sounds great with everything I play.
  • tonyb
    Options
    If it sounds great now, why change things ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Realistic
    Options
    I have the Lafayette LR-9090 receiver that I put pre out and main in rca jacks in and I can hear a hiss from 3ft away it does this with the parasound and without it and it drives me nuts. If you listen to the receiver without the amp and then install the amp the sound difference is very noticeable in a good way. I hear no hiss at all with just the amp powered up. Also I have read that there is a audible improvement going the separate route. Tony you know I know very little in this area that is why im here, im just trying to build a nice little system around my sda2s and you and everyone else here has been a great help to me and I thank you very much for that. Do you think the 850 would be a improvement over the Lafayette?
  • Realistic
    Options
    Crap that was a long one I hope Tony doesn't charge by how many words I type. Tony my wife is Italian and polish which by default makes her a awesome cook if your ever in my neck of the woods stop in and your payment will be a full and happy belly...
  • lightman1
    Options
    lzed5csveeem.jpg
    Tonyb...the early years.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ...non dimenticare il vino
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Realistic
    Options
    Motorhead is that a w-30 cutlass or a cutlass. Man I like the olds but I love the Pontiacs more. When I learn how to post pics I put up my 66 lemans, well not mine anymore. Bob.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Here you go Realistic
    Cheers
    5lg1nqvxfibd.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Realistic
    Options
    Dont anger him he wont help me anymore lol. Look guys I know You all have systems and stuff that I can only dream of owning and are well versed in audio so I do apologize for the questions on the lower budget stuff but its all I can afford, im very happy I came across this site because I am learning a lot and you guys get me laughing. Thanks, Bob.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks txcoastal1.
  • lightman1
    Options
    850....two channel....you will love it...
    Subliminal suggestions.
    I've heard the 1500 has lockup issues. No personal experience.
    Less dodads and what nots in the 850.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Now I can show you guys low budget, a little embarrassed to post the pictures of my set up though but the good thing about the internet I wont be able to see your facial expressions or hear you laugh. Bob
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks lightman1. Bob.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Bob,
    I've got rigs in every budget, none that I turn my nose up at, the name of the game is trying to get the best sound out of your buck, IMHO.

--Ron

• Realistic
    Options
    Thanks a lot Ron, and that is my mission.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    Now I can show you guys low budget, a little embarrassed to post the pictures of my set up though but the good thing about the internet I wont be able to see your facial expressions or hear you laugh. Bob

No worries, Bob. We all had humble beginnings. We here to help you spend your dough.
    I've gone through many pieces of gear from a $30 CD player about 25 years ago to a nice little Jolida tube fired transport just last month. Cost a little more than $30. ;)
    Keep on at your own pace. We won't judge.....

To your face.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks, you are one funny guy... I think I am going to get the 850 for 180 shipped. I am going to sleep on it. I will keep all of you posted.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Thats the spirit!!!
  • tonyb
    Options
    I would say yeah, that 850 as far as SS budget pre's go, punches well above it's price point. A hiss sound in that old receiver could just be a cleaning issue. A can of deoxit won't cost much to clean up the in/outputs and volume pots. Of course, given it's age, it can also be a lot more than that too. If your handy it might be worth a look see inside.

Food and wine as payment ?? Your talking my language there pal, tell the wife to brush up on the Italian side of things. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    Motorhead is that a w-30 cutlass or a cutlass. Man I like the olds but I love the Pontiacs more. When I learn how to post pics I put up my 66 lemans, well not mine anymore. Bob.

Not a W30 although this on my wish list, but It is a real deal 1968 442.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Always loved the Olds.....Cutlass/442. Built solid and dependable. Used to have a Delmont 88 with the 455 and turbo 400 tranny. Dang if that thing didn't guzzle gas like a drunk sailor, but she sure was a sleeper and could light 'em up for half a block. Also had a trunk you could fit a VW bug in. We Italians and our trunks....I dunno.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Also had a trunk you could fit a VW bug in. We Italians and our trunks....I dunno.
    Had a 93 Buick Roadmaster that you could fit the state of in Rhode Island in the trunk.