Should we change the Flea Market Rules?

1235»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Funny how the only problem I have ever had in the FM was a long time member at the time, and I never saw my money...

Who was that ? Ben ? Just curious is all.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Well if we are going to have a vote, lets have it on getting rid of vanilla!!! It would win by a landslide and fix all problems.... "for the most part".. :D

Lol.....true, but this isn't a Democracy here, it's a dictatorship and the owners of the forum have final say no matter what we vote for.

It would just be nice if they'd listen once in a while.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,163
    tonyb wrote: »
    Funny how the only problem I have ever had in the FM was a long time member at the time, and I never saw my money...

Who was that ? Ben ? Just curious is all.

No Ben was always good to me as far as dealings.. It was Joe when he was going through his I'm guessing drug phase..

• tonyb
    Yep, seem to remember a few problems there. Sorry about that man.

Now I just need to get my dog signed up so she can vote. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,163
    tonyb wrote: »
    Yep, seem to remember a few problems there. Sorry about that man.

Now I just need to get my dog signed up so she can vote. :)

Ha my dog too!!

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    I posted that I voted number 3, but don't really care as I am fine with the way it is. Not sure but seems a lot are against that?? Let me know and we can see if Ken can change it if desired??

Maybe I shouldn't have voted??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    After giving this more thought, I tend to agree with the comments raised by previous posts that a time period may be appropriate for buyers, in other words buyers are restricted until a certain period goes by without a sale. Whether that period is two weeks or whatever, it makes sense. That would seem to eleviate the fear that outsider parasites will abuse the FM, and it also protects the forum members since if its up for a week or two without a sale then apparently the forum members don't want what you're offering. However, that option is not in the poll and I believe a lot of people would vote for that if in fact it was offered.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    There is no more Polk Audio except for the brand name. Obviously DEI isn't interested in this board, which is why we are now operated by Vanilla.

As the largest audio brand of DEI Holdings...
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,429
    Has anyone ever thought of approaching Polk to see if they would be willing to transfer ownership to the forum leadership? I'm sure we could raise the required funds for hosting....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    You know what's funny about all this is probably most of the members that voted for #3 have less then 100 posts. LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    I voted a week ago if you're counting. 100 posts to sell. 50 min to purchase.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Thorton wrote: »
    I voted a week ago if you're counting. 100 posts to sell. 50 min to purchase.
    And I still love this forum. Best people on the net!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,429
    gce wrote: »
    You know what's funny about all this is probably most of the members that voted for #3 have less then 100 posts. LOL

You found me out... I swooped in here, and voted for sellers to have more options to sell their gear - Er no, wait... Yea, that's it - I voted #3 so I could try and snake all the good deals from long-standing members...

You know what's REALLY funny about all this, is that any noob that voted will most likely HAVE 100 posts by the time this is all sorted out:-)

LOL!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    daddyjt wrote: »
    You found me out... I swooped in here, and voted for sellers to have more options to sell their gear - Er no, wait... Yea, that's it - I voted #3 so I could try and snake all the good deals from long-standing members...
    LOL!

kt1a01qnie5r.gif

LOL...

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,544
    I voted to keep it the way it is.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Let the seller sell it to whoever he wants.
This discussion has been closed.