Lost Link's to Thread's or Maybe NOT!

Options
I'm going to show you how to fix all those broken links to threads on the old Club Polk forum after they switched over to this hello kitty version using two examples, one of DarqueKnight's and one off mine.

First DarqueKight's thread titled "Improvements To Modified SDA SRS 1.2TL Crossover"

It's old link use to be "http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?109611-Improvements-To-Modified-SDA-SRS-1.2TL-Crossover&p=1463429&viewfull=1#post1463429"

It's new link is http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/109611/Improvements-To-Modified-SDA-SRS-1.2TL-Crossover/

Look at the two address's there almost the same, except you can't link to a specific post with in a thread or at least I haven't figured it out. I'll break it up for you.

If you replace www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php? in the links with forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/ and if there is a - after the number replace it with a /, The thing to remember is the number after the showthread.php? also anything after this number can be forgotten as it's just the thread title sometimes it will also contain a page and post number but these numbers didn't translate into the new system

Once again using one of my posts:

The old address (Per the link on V3R's site),

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?138234-Inductor-DCR-Insanity-For-SDA-s&p=1834017#post1834017

The new address,

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/138234/inductor-dcr-insanity-for-sdas

Remember the key is the number in red and if all else you can search using the title of the thread.

Hope this all makes sense to you guys and it helps.

Here's some link's from my own bookmarks that I converted.

Five Speaker Jumper Comparisons For The SDA SRS 1.2TL [DarqueKnight]
The AI-1 Dreadnought Project Pt.1 - [DarqueKnight]
The AI-1 Dreadnought Project Pt.2 - Upgrade to 1000VA Transformer - [DarqueKnight]
Hot Glue & How to remove it. - [gimpod]
Inductor DCR Insanity For SDA's - [gimpod]
How Janne's 1.2TL's finally got their stripes. - [Janne]
Custom Printed Circuit Board And SDA Inductor For The SDA 1.2TL - Preliminary Results - [DarqueKnight]
Improvements To Modified SDA SRS 1.2TL Crossover - [DarqueKnight]
Upgrade High Frequency Inductors For The SDA SRS 1.2TL - [DarqueKnight]
SDA Hierarchy - [RuSsMan]
My SDA CRS+ Upgrade Thread - [Toolfan66]
I need an Education - [rromeo923]
Current Production - Vintage Support - [dorokusa]
SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicap Upgrade - [DarqueKnight]
Hardware & Ring for mounting your MW Drivers - [Toolfan66]
Copper Quick Disconnects (not tinned) - [drumminman]
SDA Driver Seals: Original Foam vs. Mortite vs. Armaflex Foam - [DarqueKnight]
My new 4.1TL's are complete! - [nspindel]

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    How in the hell did you work this out Tony? Brilliant ! ! !
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    Thank you Tony!!!!!
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • gtianz
    gtianz Posts: 37
    Options
    Bookmarked! So many threads I'm wanting to read but can't because of dead links.

Thank you so much!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    WTG!! Kudos for the Save! :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Jay's Radio
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    How in the hell did you work this out Tony? Brilliant ! ! !
    Well drumminman... apparently some people are a lot smarter than you and I... Thanks Tony, that's news I can use.

• TNTsTunes
    Options
    I was just taking the thread title out of the bad links and then just using the title in the search function to find the old stuff.

Kinda the same thing, I just never compared the URLs.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Tony, yet again you have done a wonderful thing! Thank you sir!!!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Options
    You guys are more than welcome. As I have nothing else to do with my time I might as well be useful somewhat.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain