Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Without A.J. Green, Dalton and the Bengals better hope for a solid run game. Otherwise, Indy's secondary will create a lot of problems for Cinci's receivers. I think Dalton will have to do more than keep it together, he will need to play his best football and get help from the defense to pull off a win today.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    My Ravens just have a way of turning it up when they hit the playoffs. We seem to do way better when we're the underdog playing away.

Funny stat...the Ravens are tied for all time with playoff road victories with 10. We're tied with Green Bay...except, we've been in the league 75 LESS YEARS than Green Bay. The Ravens have been a franchise for 19 years, Green Bay 94 years.

Oh, and Flacco over his last 5 playoff games (including the 2012 SB) has 13 TD's and ZERO interceptions.

Watch out New England, the Road Warriors are coming!
    No excuses!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    The Cards never stood a chance with the QB (4th string) they had to play. It was a sad game all in all.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Bounces definitely went the way of the Bengals in the first half, if they'd actually played great football as well this score could be a lot more lopsided at halftime.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    Much better second half by my Colts, the Bengals' inability to win a playoff game is unbelievable. Speaking of, Dallas should crush Detroit today and help the Lions also extend their playoff winless streak as well.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Speaking of, Dallas should crush Detroit today and help the Lions also extend their playoff winless streak as well.

Only if the defense sh** together, Horrible 1st qtr

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Better game so far than I though, Detroit is hanging in there so far. This game is like the first time your little brother puts up a real good fight though, he may catch you off guard at first but ultimately you remind him who's boss :-)

That's what I see happening in the second half.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    I never had a thought really that Detroit would win. They seem to always fold.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I will be surprised if Dallas doesn't come back and win this. Detroit is one of those teams that seem to find a way to lose when the pressure is on. I would enjoy seeing them win today though.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dromunds
    Options
    Good thing they're not playing at Lambeau today, its about 30 below wind chill right now. It is freakin' COLD!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Dallas d is atrocious
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Too funny how things turn out.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    That was a pretty good game.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    OMG...I almost had a heart attack!!! Bring on Ice Bowl II...
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Lawrence redeemed his self
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• dromunds
    Options
    It'd be the ice bowl tonight but next Sunday, it'll be 20 above not 20 below like now. It'll be the frozen tundra though. Bring it on.
  • gce
    Options
    Cowboys are going to have to play better against your Packers...frozen tundra or not!!!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • dromunds
    Options
    I'm worried about the 'Boys. The Packers should be jacked up, though, and it will be in Green Bay. Should be a good game.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A couple calls in the Detroit/Dallas game were abysmal, and may have influenced the outcome. How they picked up that pass interference call against Dallas after the defender ran into the Detroit receiver, making contact before the ball got there and getting hit in the back by the ball without ever looking for it is beyond me. The official even announced the call, and they then picked up the flag as if nothing happened.

I have seen an overturned call on replay, but never have I seen an officiating crew do that in a game.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    That was a bad call. Period.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    We'll there was bad calls both sides

Roughing punter against Detroit 1st down but no call against Detroit when they hit the punter in the red zone

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    A couple calls in the Detroit/Dallas game were abysmal, and may have influenced the outcome. How they picked up that pass interference call against Dallas after the defender ran into the Detroit receiver, making contact before the ball got there and getting hit in the back by the ball without ever looking for it is beyond me. The official even announced the call, and they then picked up the flag as if nothing happened.

I have seen an overturned call on replay, but never have I seen an officiating crew do that in a game.

Heads need to roll and bank accounts investigated over that one.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gce
    Options
    If you guys had watched the whole play you would have seen the receiver pulling on the defenders face mask. There was no way he could have turned around, then the ball hit him in the back. He through his hands up because the receiver grabbed his face mask. If anything it should have been pass interference on the offence!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    I watched the entire play, he had his hand up there after he was already molested.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gce
    Options
    You'd have your hand up too after you got molested!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    There were other bad calls in the game as well, but none had the impact on the game that reversed call did. The no call on the punter wouldn't have mattered anyway because it still would have been fourth down.

Calls get screwed up all the time though, which is why we need to have the ability to challenge those as well! I understand why the NFL doesn't do that since they don't want their calls questioned, doesn't make it right though. My 49ers lost AT LEAST one if not two games this year directly related to bad calls, with the technology we have now that's just unacceptable.

Not being able to review those calls is just as bad as HD Tracks not having user reviews for the albums they sell, it's simply unacceptable.

And hell, I'm not even a Lions fan I can't imagine how they feel. I was rooting for Dallas (not very often that happens) because I think they're the only team capable of going up to Seattle and winning.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As it has been explained, it was not pass interference as he did not impede the receivers ability to catch the (underthrown) ball. They got it right. The ref who thru the flag never had the correct angel on the play to make the call to begin with he just figured that since the defender never looked back for the ball that he interfered with the receiver. It is not a penalty to not look back for the ball, only if there is contact that prevents the receiver from catching the ball. Both players have equal right to the ball and their position. There was minimal/incidental contact by both players. He was never going to catch that ball and therefore never was impeded by the defender access to catch the ball... The flag should have never been thrown. If he had thrown a better pass and the receiver could have caught the ball.... well you know what they say about my "aunt" and "if".
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    How did he NOT impede the ability to catch the ball? Are we watching the same play?

The non-biased opinions that I've heard seem to ALL agree that was a penalty. I could care less and wanted Dallas to win, but no way that's not a foul.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    This shot gives a nice view of what happened. The ball was not underthrown, the defender didn't turn his head to make a play on the ball, the defender made contact beyond five yards before the ball arrived. That's is interference, no question about it. Refs got it very wrong.
    q5evrczvlurn.png
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    I was pulling for a Dallas win too, but honestly, the officiating in the game was horrible, especially on that play.