Hawkwind 'In Search of Space.'
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,496
    This one:

1356461403_cover.jpg

Followed by this one:

ASpacein_Time_zpse917aa0d.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Headrott: that AF Gold "A Space In Time" must sound great. I listened to that album mucho when it came out. Excellent stuff. I'll join you with the original vinyl.

5r0xs6y8r0fp.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    A surprisingly good LP. On now.
    dromunds wrote: »
    Headrott: that AF Gold "A Space In Time" must sound great. I listened to that album mucho when it came out. Excellent stuff. I'll join you with the original vinyl.

5r0xs6y8r0fp.jpg

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    0vjl3aerysz1.jpg
    CD 59 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box."

Earlier this morning I listened to CD 58:

psvckrnrwetw.jpg

Both of these CDs offer good, unusual music that is worth a listen, but it is not music that I shall often turn to for pure pleasure v. serious listening.

The Tan Dun Symphony is very interesting in its fusion of Eastern and Western musical traditions (at least from my very amateur perspective).

Both are well recorded.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    3ynmmrgnyxz1.jpg

CD 60 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    dez5vpovzrv0.jpg

CD 61 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma 30 Years Outside the Box."

I really enjoy this CD! Well recorded, excellent music (to my taste) and fine performances by the variety of musicians.

• Moose68Bash
    edited May 2015
    bac0nnoag4eh.jpg

CD 62 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Another Yo-Yo Ma CD that I have enjoyed for years -- along with my wife.

With new crossovers and tweeters the SQ is extraordinary -- great soundstage with excellent separation and very clear timbres. Transients are fast. Overall, a very engaging rendition. Richly realistic.

• Moose68Bash
    utbdofhbalu3.jpg

CD 63 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

The six suites are on two discs. This is the first of the two discs with suites 1-3 and half of suite 4.

These are very good reference recordings because they are solo performances that must capture the essence and the nuances of the cello and Ma's playing.

The new crossovers from Vr3 Mods, along with the new RD0-198s are doing a superb job of recreating a virtually live performance. Yo-Yo Ma and his Stradivarius cello "feel" and sound like they are in the room with me. The timbre and the characteristic resonance of the instrument are remarkable. I can "feel" the bowing as Ma reverses the direction and moves across the strings.

• headrott
    dromunds wrote: »

5r0xs6y8r0fp.jpg

It sounds excellent Don. The album ain't bad either. ;)
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Moose68Bash
    edited May 2015
    p2mj4h19xgzh.jpg

CD 64 0f 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box." This is the second disc of a two-disc sequence.

Picking up where I left off last night. Six Bach cello suites in a row is, perhaps, a pretty heavy dose of similar music, but the music is superb, the performance is also superb, and the SQ is extraordinary.

• headrott
    This one:

Guero_Deluxe_Edition_cover.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    agl65dn3895u.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Dub Side Of The Mule.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Lou Reed: New York.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    The Space remixes vol. 1
  • Moose68Bash
    fap0s5m8go0y.jpg

CD 65 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box."

Unusual selections. New to me. Well recorded. Worth a listen.

• Moose68Bash
    5u8xw09414k3.jpg

CD 66 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box."

Exceptionally beautiful music that is new to me.

Christian religious themes, but one would not necessarily "intuit" this without knowing the titles of the seven movements of the first composition on the disc -- "The Protecting Veil."

The second composition on the disc -- "Wake Up ... and Die" -- is also a very interesting and engaging piece (perhaps, despite the title).

Both require quiet listening time. Because of the dynamic range of the music the volume level had to be set higher than usual for my ears, and that meant that occasionally passages became to loud for my wife's!

• TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Peppers q6y9y9c1vjfs.jpg
    What I got you gotta get it put it in you
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, BH5, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s) {Storage}
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)